GT6 very Unreliable.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dutchyfutch
  • 16 comments
  • 1,156 views
Messages
298
United States
Boston MA
Messages
JDM_DUTCH
Hi guys.

Recently my whole play-station 3 system stopped working due to the fact that I updated to v1.03 of GT 6.
I might be the only unlucky person that has this issue with a ps3 Slim system..

The issue here is that when I played the game online on Nordschleife... which is my favorite track, some parts would NOT load at all and i'd be driving on transparent roads. pretty damn hard. I know my way around but still it feels and looks STUPID.

I updated to v1.03 yesterday night as my internet got reconnected after I moved, that's where all the problems really started. I never had anything before that playing offline. I actually finished the whole game offline during that time streak and never came by any stupid glitch or game crash.

Now it's even worse than before I can't even get pass the Seizure warning, it'll boot me off the game saying " trophy synchronization error, this game will now quit " , something in that way. Very frustrating since I can't play Offline nor Online anymore... Pshh i can't even get in the game ITSELF!
:banghead::confused:
 
Have you looked at the disk for any scratches or grease? My ps3 fell over once and wouldn't read a game, I took it out and it had these black blobs of something on it. Cleaned it off and worked fine.
 
a friend of mine had this problem aswell with the track loading too late and occasional complete freezes after trying to load anything
took his ps3 apart and cleaned the laser with alcohol, been working fine ever since, i actally did this for him cause i already had one myself where i had to do it like 2 years ago or so.
put tiny bit of alcohol on a q-tip and gently rotate it clockwise on the laser with gentle pressure

happens quite qucikly in households where people smoke alot
but can also happen without, it just speeds up the "dirt film over laser" thing
 
a friend of mine had this problem aswell with the track loading too late and occasional complete freezes after trying to load anything
took his ps3 apart and cleaned the laser with alcohol, been working fine ever since, i actally did this for him cause i already had one myself where i had to do it like 2 years ago or so.
put tiny bit of alcohol on a q-tip and gently rotate it clockwise on the laser with gentle pressure

happens quite qucikly in households where people smoke alot
but can also happen without, it just speeds up the "dirt film over laser" thing


Yeah no one smokes here ever ,I will be doing this soon though.


Have you looked at the disk for any scratches or grease? My ps3 fell over once and wouldn't read a game, I took it out and it had these black blobs of something on it. Cleaned it off and worked fine.
Yeah it has tiny scratches >_> i might buy a new game if anything
 
Hi guys.

Recently my whole play-station 3 system stopped working due to the fact that I updated to v1.03 of GT 6.
I might be the only unlucky person that has this issue with a ps3 Slim system..

The issue here is that when I played the game online on Nordschleife... which is my favorite track, some parts would NOT load at all and i'd be driving on transparent roads. pretty damn hard. I know my way around but still it feels and looks STUPID.

I updated to v1.03 yesterday night as my internet got reconnected after I moved, that's where all the problems really started. I never had anything before that playing offline. I actually finished the whole game offline during that time streak and never came by any stupid glitch or game crash.

Now it's even worse than before I can't even get pass the Seizure warning, it'll boot me off the game saying " trophy synchronization error, this game will now quit " , something in that way. Very frustrating since I can't play Offline nor Online anymore... Pshh i can't even get in the game ITSELF!
:banghead::confused:

GT streams data from multiple sources at once / bR & hd. Since you have problems loading parts of track , it is clearly streaming issue. Maybe it is disc or your drive is wearing off. You can try disabling music (not just putting volume on 0) by going into / galery - music - playlist > and remove /delete songs from "race playlist". That way , you will disable music streaming while it loads parts of track from bR - double work at once:D
 
GT streams data from multiple sources at once / bR & hd. Since you have problems loading parts of track , it is clearly streaming issue. Maybe it is disc or your drive is wearing off. You can try disabling music (not just putting volume on 0) by going into / galery - music - playlist > and remove /delete songs from "race playlist". That way , you will disable music streaming while it loads parts of track from bR - double work at once:D
If only I could get into the game haha , I get a trophy sync error
 
Try going into the XMB and turning off your PS3's internet connection. Obviously you won't be able to play online, but at least everything else should work.
 
GT streams data from multiple sources at once / bR & hd. Since you have problems loading parts of track , it is clearly streaming issue. Maybe it is disc or your drive is wearing off. You can try disabling music (not just putting volume on 0) by going into / galery - music - playlist > and remove /delete songs from "race playlist". That way , you will disable music streaming while it loads parts of track from bR - double work at once:D

I need to go do this. I never have any background music on. I'm not suffering any issues like the OP, but I can imagine that deleting all of the songs would actually still help lighten the load on my PS3.

Music in a racing game, especially a "sim" is kind of silly IMO.
 
Try going into the XMB and turning off your PS3's internet connection. Obviously you won't be able to play online, but at least everything else should work.
Im going to try that. And Also i did Add Some tracks to The playlist (masahiro andoh on race bgm and menus etc)

Maybe that's the issue
 
Hey what's wrong with that? Assetto Corsa is doing it. Project C.A.R.S. as well, although they're in alpha territory. Many games do it, however most of them (if not all) are on PC and I guess that's where such things are acceptable. Which is weird, I don't understand that, might be the community.

Thought I'd touch upon that.
 
Hey what's wrong with that? Assetto Corsa is doing it. Project C.A.R.S. as well, although they're in alpha territory. Many games do it, however most of them (if not all) are on PC and I guess that's where such things are acceptable. Which is weird, I don't understand that, might be the community.

Thought I'd touch upon that.

The problem is that those are small studios that openly admit you are paying for an alpha or beta build and are up front that the game is still being developed at that things will be broken or not work correctly.

PD is a Sony owned and funded AAA studio that's charging full price for what is clearly still a beta form of GT6. We all knew features were going to be missing at launch, but not that the rest of the game and features would be unfinished and broken.

If a title like this is still having the bugs worked out and in beta form, either don't release it or be upfront with people about it and be transparent about the work being done.
 
I didn't really consider the developer and support size. It really is all down to their production time, pressure really gets them with these years of development and them needing to release games sooner. I'm attempting a defense, I don't really like it. I'd imagine 3 years is more then enough time especially with working off of GT5.

Now that I think about it, Polyphony had done something similar to the PC developers with GT5 Prologue, in a way. I wouldn't truly consider it a beta, it was fairly well put together and placed at a lower price for its low content and early access feel. Correct me if I'm wrong in saying this.
 
I didn't really consider the developer and support size. It really is all down to their production time, pressure really gets them with these years of development and them needing to release games sooner. I'm attempting a defense, I don't really like it. I'd imagine 3 years is more then enough time especially with working off of GT5.

Now that I think about it, Polyphony had done something similar to the PC developers with GT5 Prologue, in a way. I wouldn't truly consider it a beta, it was fairly well put together and placed at a lower price for its low content and early access feel. Correct me if I'm wrong in saying this.

I agree with what you're saying, however GT5 Prologue was quite a long time ago. With GT6 having "evolved" from GT5, there's really no excuse for how unfinished GT6 is, and the full price it launched at IMO.
 
The problem is that those are small studios that openly admit you are paying for an alpha or beta build and are up front that the game is still being developed at that things will be broken or not work correctly.

PD is a Sony owned and funded AAA studio that's charging full price for what is clearly still a beta form of GT6. We all knew features were going to be missing at launch, but not that the rest of the game and features would be unfinished and broken.

If a title like this is still having the bugs worked out and in beta form, either don't release it or be upfront with people about it and be transparent about the work being done.

I'm not into is it GT finished or not , but seen some fellow forum members like to compare GT to some other games and while were at ,let's see some basic features and pricing :

AC
35 cars / 11 tracks / 35€ -beta
iR
39 cars / 58 tracks +7 coming soon / 50$ (per year)
pC
51 cars / 43 tracks + 10 planned / 10-50€ - beta
FM 5
200+ + dlc 60? cars / 14 tracks + ? nordschleife coming soon ? / 59€
GT6
1200 cars (400 premiums) :D / 40 tracks + 1 coming soon + track creator ? / 59€

DISCLAIMER: This post is NOT about which game offers better graphics,physics,simulation,sound ... just some rough numbers about tracks ,cars and cost.

PS: I'd say GT is not bad value for $,even for a beta some claim it is.
 
Last edited:
Sounds to me more like a dying PS3 more than GT6 issues. Well, not the PS3 but probably your HDD in the PS3. If your still having issues, you could try deleting the GT6 install/patch data and starting again (not the save data). If you get back into GT6, I would try turning off the install data feature and deleting all the installed data from GT6 so the game runs just off the disc. See if that helps
 
I just disabled my Internet and got into the game without a problem.. Also no track glitching.
I play games on my internet all the time , never get any lag spikes etc etc... Really think its GT6 lol.
 
Back