GT6 wheel drifting still feels s***

• Thread starter JDMxUK
  • 13 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
England
England
JDMxUK
Okay ive been attempting to drift for about a week now with my G27, from my experience it feels like utter s***. The snap back is ridiculously frustrating, if you happen to spin out you get a years supply of under steer (that a clutch kick should solve, which it doesn't) and its so unpredictable. I will go into a corner, pull off a nice drift and feel happy with myself, i come back again and enter at the same point with the same speed and it either snaps back or spins (bare in mind i do the exact same thing as last time)
The game doesn't feel real once you over steer. And please don't come back to me and say "all you need to do is practise" because that utter bollocks. power sliding in real life inst hard. so why is it when i try to drift in GT6 with the same techniques i use i real life it doesn't work. just because its hard doesn't make it realistic. so if you want to help me please do, but my main question is when the **** are they going to fix it?

I feel you.
I've been ripping my hair out for weeks because of GT6.
Yesterday, I bought Assetto Corsa and I instantly fell back in love with drifting.

Reactions: Sai
I feel you.
Yesterday, I bought Assetto Corsa and I instantly fell back in love with drifting.
My laptop is too **** for games like that, is gt5 any better for drifting?

If I remember correctly, drifting in GT5 feels very similar to Assetto Corsa.
So yes, drifting with a wheel is heaps better in GT5. I don't know if it's more realistic, I have no IRL experience.

After much practice I can say I've kind of gottwn the hang of it on my Fanatec CSR, but agree with you and dislike the tire slip/oversteer physics. I prefer rFactor and if my laptop could handle it I'd try Assetto Corsa.

I think I've got the hang of it, I think you just need to pay more attention to your steering inputs and the car's weight transfers and you'll adjust more quickly to GT6's physics.
I feel you.
Make sure that your hair remains on your head 👍 .
Investment into a custom built gaming desktop?

Nah im savin
I think I've got the hang of it, I think you just need to pay more attention to your steering inputs and the car's weight transfers and you'll adjust more quickly to GT6's physics.

Make sure that your hair remains on your head 👍 .

Investment into a custom built gaming desktop?
Nah im saving for parts for my real car

I having no issues drifting with a dfgt. It is different to gt5, but I prefer it now I'm used to it. It's still challenging. Gt5 got easy = no more challenge = boredom ensues.

Gt6 makes me work harder for the same results, but with a good setup, it can feel very similar to gt5 and become just as fluid.

Absolutely loving it.

I having no issues drifting with a dfgt. It is different to gt5, but I prefer it now I'm used to it. It's still challenging. Gt5 got easy = no more challenge = boredom ensues.

Gt6 makes me work harder for the same results, but with a good setup, it can feel very similar to gt5 and become just as fluid.

Absolutely loving it.
I went and brought gt5 (got a ps3 and gt6 for xmas) and it feels %110 better, after literally throwing together a s13 with a really basic setup i went to the track maker and made a basic skid track and after 15-20 mins i felt like tsuchiya, i can see where your boredom issues have came from but since im a casual drifter it wont effect me.

I went and brought gt5 (got a ps3 and gt6 for xmas) and it feels %110 better, after literally throwing together a s13 with a really basic setup i went to the track maker and made a basic skid track and after 15-20 mins i felt like tsuchiya, i can see where your boredom issues have came from but since im a casual drifter it wont effect me.
So, by better, you do mean easier?

I personally would say gt6 is "better" because I think it's more of a challenge, and therefore more realistic (although not necessarily)

Better is very objective. I have had similar results to gt5 with certain cars and setups, so you can achieve the same feel as gt5.

I think the main issue is that, as far as I can feel, comfort hards have more grip on gt6. Being that I enjoyed drifting on all the comfort tyres in 5, I can see why I enjoy the grippier nature of the new CH.

I think the snap back issue is down to people not getting the power down when they need to. My main problem at the moment, is spinning, in closing radius hairpins, where I am maintaining the angle, but losing lots of speed. Weight transfer is causing the issue, but I know about it, and im working towards solutions, be it adapting driving style, or tweaking setup.

I also like to drift stock performance saloons and exotica. I also prefer these cars in 6 over 5. Just the way I can sense the body moving around in 6 is on another level to 5.

Having a perfect 3 lap run with minimum effort isn't really high on the list of things I find fun. Working for it is much more fun, and makes its extremely satisfying when you get it down.

Gt5 is better if you want to look and feel like the drift God, without actually having anywhere near his skillset.

So, by better, you do mean easier?

I personally would say gt6 is "better" because I think it's more of a challenge, and therefore more realistic (although not necessarily)

Better is very objective. I have had similar results to gt5 with certain cars and setups, so you can achieve the same feel as gt5.

I think the main issue is that, as far as I can feel, comfort hards have more grip on gt6. Being that I enjoyed drifting on all the comfort tyres in 5, I can see why I enjoy the grippier nature of the new CH.

I think the snap back issue is down to people not getting the power down when they need to. My main problem at the moment, is spinning, in closing radius hairpins, where I am maintaining the angle, but losing lots of speed. Weight transfer is causing the issue, but I know about it, and im working towards solutions, be it adapting driving style, or tweaking setup.

I also like to drift stock performance saloons and exotica. I also prefer these cars in 6 over 5. Just the way I can sense the body moving around in 6 is on another level to 5.

Having a perfect 3 lap run with minimum effort isn't really high on the list of things I find fun. Working for it is much more fun, and makes its extremely satisfying when you get it down.

Gt5 is better if you want to look and feel like the drift God, without actually having anywhere near his skillset.
Just because gt6 is harder doesnt mean it is more realistic, dont get me wrong gt5 is hardly a simulation but it just feels more real, and at the end of the day i dont want to be trying to drift in a game that doesnt feel real, it defeats the purpose to me.

I've had my G27 and rig since Christmas and I still lose control almost everytime the rear end steps out. I can never seem to catch the car in time. The very few times I've drifted it's been completely by accident.

Just because gt6 is harder doesnt mean it is more realistic, dont get me wrong gt5 is hardly a simulation but it just feels more real, and at the end of the day i dont want to be trying to drift in a game that doesnt feel real, it defeats the purpose to me.
Indeed, hence the 'not necessarily'.

What is your real life drifting experience?

A well known forum member, who has indisputable, extensive real life experience, seems to think it's pretty realistic, and that gt6 is a closer representation of what he is doing in real life. That's his opinion, and I consider it valid.

You are entitled to your opinion, but unless you have some credible real life experience, I can't accept your opinion as valid, when it comes to 'feel real'.

I've had my G27 and rig since Christmas and I still lose control almost everytime the rear end steps out. I can never seem to catch the car in time. The very few times I've drifted it's been completely by accident.

I have been drifting with dfgt for 5 or 6 years, I still spin out or lose control. Even top level D1 drifters still make mistakes or misjudgements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back