GT7 A and A+ drivers, what wheel and pedals combo are you using in 2024?

Canada
Montreal, Canada
My old t300 has been used for 6 years now and with last week endurance race on RM tires, it started to show FFB and strength fade. I play a lot more and and I noticed that I lose lots of details and useful informations I should get from my wheel. With so many options to replace it in 2024, I wanted to know what the best players are using. Trying to evolve and progress here.

I play a lot more and and I noticed that I lose lots of details and useful informations I should get from my wheel.
If you don't use it yet try the forced cooling mode (press "Mode" and "Option/Start") and see if it makes any difference

If you don't use it yet try the forced cooling mode (press "Mode" and "Option/Start") and see if it makes any difference
Thank You for that. I was aware but I did not tried it yet since I never had any problems with FFB fade before even with long races. I guess the more I play, I get to notice things I did not before like FFB fade. Last week Suzuka 20 laps made it obvious. I do not feel it as much with RH tires but RM and RS tend to show it as my longer race sessions. My settings are at 4 and 6 which is not really high. I am getting annoyed by that the more I play and I feel the need for a more precise tool. Since I am no more satisfied with my T300, maybe it is time for me to move on to a new wheel and pedal that suits my actual needs. Other than that I want a more precise wheel that provides a consistent experience with FFB, I hear a lot that pedal sets with a load cell will bring consistency. I wanted to hear what you all had to say or suggest about the "modern" hardware like Moza, Logi GPro or the new DD extreme.

Last edited:
Like you mentioned, the biggest thing to help pace is load cell pedals. On one of my rigs I have the CSL elite V1 load cell pedals. On my other rig I have V3’s that I’ve done a fair bit of customization to. The V3’s are better, but only because they offer more adjustability which is handy for heel-toe applications. Seems like the CSL elite V2’s are the best bang for your buck. I wouldn’t buy the V3’s right now because it seems like Fanatec will be adding a podium set of pedals to their lineup in a year or so.

As far as bases, I have a few (all Fanatec), and they’ve all are very good, and you can be fast with any of them. IMO, the CSL DD with boost kit is the best performance-price. The need to go any stronger will be dependent on how much “realism” you seek. No one quite knows how good this new “true force technology is going to be, but I don’t see much value in spending that much money on a base that strong unless you want to make relative use of that much torque.

Me personally, on my main rig sits a DD1 with a shifter and handbrake. I run very high torque and I’m in VR. I do probably a 70/30 split of testing/hot lapping various cars and sport mode occasionally…mainly GTWS stuff. I’m A+, and I know for a fact that running my base with very strong settings is more of a hindrance than a benefit while racing, but my pursuit is peak simulation.

Fanatec is probably your best bet, mainly because they have the largest ecosystem

Last edited:
I'm just low/mid A and use GT DD Pro 8NM with ClubSport 2.5X rim on QR1 with CSL Elite V2 pedals. The replacing my G29 with the Fanatec wheel/pedals and stiffening my playseat is what accelerated me from mid B to high B/Low A, but replacing my rickety Playseat with a proper extruded aluminum rig is what gave me the stiffness to actually get that finesse of control I was lacking before to push me higher up into the As. Now, equipment won't help me anymore. Talent is now my limiting factor. :D

Last edited:
Thanks all for your comments. After reading them, I feel that I mostly need an extruded aluminium rig! I played on a reinforced Ikea chair for the last 19 years but it lacks the stiffness. Maybe the sloppiness of my rig is stealing information that my wheel is sending to me. I tried the forced fan mode on and it seems to work OK for the moment but made up my mind that I want a new wheel. Also, I don't think that my future wheel needs to have more than 5NM. I just need it to give 5NM 100% of the time without fading or overheating. I heard some Fanatic products could overheat with use and cause torque and FFB fade. Is that true? I have got an eye on Fanatec products but what about shipping delays? I am also interested in the Logitech Gpro for that true force because I like to feel the bumps and curbs but I know there is no ecosystem yet. These days, I play 4 hours a day almost every day so it would be worth it to spend a bit more now. I guess I need, the rig, a new wheel and a load cell pedal set I could use for another 20 years!;)

Thanks all for your comments. After reading them, I feel that I mostly need an extruded aluminium rig! I played on a reinforced Ikea chair for the last 19 years but it lacks the stiffness. Maybe the sloppiness of my rig is stealing information that my wheel is sending to me. I tried the forced fan mode on and it seems to work OK for the moment but made up my mind that I want a new wheel. Also, I don't think that my future wheel needs to have more than 5NM. I just need it to give 5NM 100% of the time without fading or overheating. I heard some Fanatic products could overheat with use and cause torque and FFB fade. Is that true? I have got an eye on Fanatec products but what about shipping delays? I am also interested in the Logitech Gpro for that true force because I like to feel the bumps and curbs but I know there is no ecosystem yet. These days, I play 4 hours a day almost every day so it would be worth it to spend a bit more now. I guess I need, the rig, a new wheel and a load cell pedal set I could use for another 20
I've never experienced fade with my 8nm DD Pro. I've had some pretty long and intense sessions and I don't have it turned up super strong but it's def strong enough and has very good feel. My next upgrade will be a profile rig but for now the playseat has been enough to get me some pretty fast times in the events I concentrate on. I've only had a wheel for 7 months and it just keeps getting better. Don't sweat all the negative comments about Fanatec. Forums always have a high concentration of problems compared to happy people. Great kit and as long as you know their customer service can be (and usually are) slow, you might actually be surprised with how decent they are.

GPro looks amazing. It does not seem to have the same support from PD as Fanatec does and it seems they nerf the torque a lot on that wheel. Plus the ecosystem just doesn't exist so upgrades (at this point) are not really a thing. That said, I do not think it's an inferior product at all, just very limited for GT7.

Good luck. It's a lot to consider.

Edit to add: I'm not an A rated driver but I am regularly in the top 500 in time trials and have finished as low as bottom 100 placement, so I feel like I'm pretty quick generally.

Last edited:
I've never experienced fade with my 8nm DD Pro. I've had some pretty long and intense sessions and I don't have it turned up super strong but it's def strong enough and has very good feel. My next upgrade will be a profile rig but for now the playseat has been enough to get me some pretty fast times in the events I concentrate on. I've only had a wheel for 7 months and it just keeps getting better. Don't sweat all the negative comments about Fanatec. Forums always have a high concentration of problems compared to happy people. Great kit and as long as you know their customer service can be (and usually are) slow, you might actually be surprised with how decent they are.

GPro looks amazing. It does not seem to have the same support from PD as Fanatec does and it seems they nerf the torque a lot on that wheel. Plus the ecosystem just doesn't exist so upgrades (at this point) are not really a thing. That said, I do not think it's an inferior product at all, just very limited for GT7.

Good luck. It's a lot to consider.

Edit to add: I'm not an A rated driver but I am regularly in the top 500 in time trials and have finished as low as bottom 100 placement, so I feel like I'm pretty quick generally.
As for the G Pro, someone just mentioned in the Logitech G Pro wheel thread that it would be possible that PD removed the cap so we could get the 11NM? It remains to be tested and verified.

Thanks all for your comments. After reading them, I feel that I mostly need an extruded aluminium rig! I played on a reinforced Ikea chair for the last 19 years but it lacks the stiffness. Maybe the sloppiness of my rig is stealing information that my wheel is sending to me. I tried the forced fan mode on and it seems to work OK for the moment but made up my mind that I want a new wheel. Also, I don't think that my future wheel needs to have more than 5NM. I just need it to give 5NM 100% of the time without fading or overheating. I heard some Fanatic products could overheat with use and cause torque and FFB fade. Is that true? I have got an eye on Fanatec products but what about shipping delays? I am also interested in the Logitech Gpro for that true force because I like to feel the bumps and curbs but I know there is no ecosystem yet. These days, I play 4 hours a day almost every day so it would be worth it to spend a bit more now. I guess I need, the rig, a new wheel and a load cell pedal set I could use for another 20 years!;)
Have you seen the rigs that are made in Montreal?
I've been looking at them, Trak Racer and rseat.
https://www.advancedsimracing.com/collections/simracing-chassis

Last edited:
As for the G Pro, someone just mentioned in the Logitech G Pro wheel thread that it would be possible that PD removed the cap so we could get the 11NM? It remains to be tested and verified.
I'm getting the full 11nm on GT7 now. I posted about it the other day in that thread but haven't seen anyone reply to confirm it. I love the Logitech setup but haven't tried it against the Fanatec or other brands. Trueforce is awesome, I love being able to feel the rumble strips and also the feeling when I jump a curb.

Have you seen the rigs that are made in Montreal?
I've been looking at them, Trak Racer and rseat.
https://www.advancedsimracing.com/collections/simracing-chassis
Sure. I know the website and I live near that place. I might go there to see it for myself. From what I have heard, they have it all in store to test before buying so you can make the right choice of rig, wheel and pedals. Soon is a good time because last Saturday, while racing the Nation cup at Interlago, I got that buttery feeling from my steering as soon as I hit lap 10. Even after pit stop for new tires, I still felt like I lost the sharpness from my T300. It literally felt like riding on butter. I only get that feeling from long stints on racing mediums.

I'm getting the full 11nm on GT7 now. I posted about it the other day in that thread but haven't seen anyone reply to confirm it. I love the Logitech setup but haven't tried it against the Fanatec or other brands. Trueforce is awesome, I love being able to feel the rumble strips and also the feeling when I jump a curb.
I cannot wait to test G Pro. While it is ok to read reviews on reddit and watch comparisons videos, I really want to test them both (DD extreme and G pro) and get to see what they feel like in my hands before buying. Time to save money!

Back