GT7 as a track sim

• Thread starter paw1
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
My 1st post here. Hello!

I have a friend who is going to the Nürburgring and will be driving a BMW M2. Lucky dog!

I have a friend who is traveling to drive the Nürburgring in a BMW M2. Lucky dog!

He purchased a PS5, GT7 and Logitech G923 steering and pedals. He'd like to use this setup to simulate driving the Nürburgring in the BMW M2. However, he's not a gamer and doesn't want to play through to unlock the Nürburgring track and the M2. Is there a way to do this (cheat codes?). He only want to do this in single user mode and doesn't care about the online racing, stats or anything else.

Honestly, if he’s not a gamer (i.e. no previous experience with a gaming wheel) he’ll probably want to play though the menu books just to get comfortable with the wheel and learn how to interpret the force feedback, because it’s not like driving a real car. Instead of feeling the g forces through the seat of the car you’ll feel them though the wheel and it takes some time for the brain to adjust to that and to understand what the wheel is trying to tell you about the traction.

Going directly to the Nürburgring would be a pretty steep learning curve and he just risks getting disappointed.

One way to skip ahead though if that’s what he wants to do is to buy the cars in the menu books instead of winning them in races. That would probably require buying some microtransactions.

Another way would be let you borrow the PS5 and complete the menu books for him :D

Edit: Also please inform him that he wouldn’t be the first gamer to go the Nürburgring and have an expensive crash because they practiced too much in a game and expected everything to carry over into the real world. It’s not a perfect 1:1 simulation, but it will be useful for learning the general layout of the track.

Last edited:
Edit: Also please inform him that he wouldn’t be the first gamer to go the Nürburgring and have an expensive crash because they practiced too much in a game and expected everything to carry over into the real world. It’s not a perfect 1:1 simulation, but it will be useful for learning the general layout of the track.
This is VERY important!!! I used GT5 as a training tool before doing the 6 laps of the ring in 2012 in a Z4. I popped my shifter on the other side of my rig and practiced for quite a bit in the same car in game.

My second day of driving a left hand drive car was the Z4 on the ring the same day hat the Superbikes were at the GP circuit, so it was VERY busy. I was warned by the rental place that it is nothing like the Playstation, which is what I pretty much expected. But in terms of how the car behaved at similar speeds and the track layout, it was very similar so long as you don't drive like an absolute bell end. Know your limits and drive well within them.

From memory, when I did it the cost of 1 section of damaged barrier was charged at 12,000 euro out of your pocket. A potential crash could financially destroy someone. Plus any expenses of hitting another car, or another car hitting you will come out of your pocket regardless of who is at fault.

All in all though, it was one of the best experiences of my life and I will never forget it. You feel like you are going fast at 150km/h and then a 458 overtakes you with a GT3 RS and Gallardo right behind it.

Last edited:
Back