GT7 - Bad Behaviour

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 1 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Is it just me or are people getting worse with regard to bad behaviour on track? To say that too many drivers are just downright bloody filthy is an understatement these days. People seem to think that other cars are there to help them stop when going into corners... to be used as barriers to stop themselves running wide when they've tried diving up the inside for a gap that doesn't exist... etc, etc

One of the most frustrating things about the abuse dished out to others is the huge time penalty inflicted on the poor victim, who most of the time has been dispatched to the barrier or wall. That alone is a 1.5sec penalty (actually way more lost time in reality) plus the time it takes to extricate yourself from the situation that you've been put in and depending on the surface that you find yourself on, this can mean a load more lost time. Meanwhile, the brainless moron that put you there just swans off into the distance.

Group B is particularly bad, for some reason, and would suggest that a lot of people have arrived in the group by smashing and bashing their way to better results than they might otherwise get by being a decent considerate human being. I have been to Group B three times now and because I won't tolerate this crap, when I've been put so far back in the race that it's not worth just circulating for the fun of it, I quit. Yes, I know that affects my DR but I actually don't care any more and yes, back to Group C I go.

Surely PD can do something and perhaps more weight ought to be on qualifying times to determine which group you're in. What about a reporting system (with video proof) so repeat/bad offenders can be sanctioned? I don’t profess to know how to deal with this issue… I’m throwing ideas out there.

Last week, I thoroughly enjoyed and had great races all week. Monday... up to Group B for 1.5 days (demoted by lunchtime today) and I'm already back to Group C. First race back, I win by over 4 secs with clean race bonus – go figure.

TBH I haven't raced much and have stuck to the GTWS more than dailies. I have had some good clean racing with a couple of mistakes. I've not been the victim of anything dirty for a while. However it is still there and the only way to fix it is with a harsh penalty system. It has been tried before but everyone moaned rather than let it play out to its conclusion.

Latest Posts

Back