GT7-Basics-How Do I Change A Car's Settings? (Yes I'm Serious !!)

• Thread starter BasherB59
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
London/UK
BasherB59
Hi Fellow Gran Turismo fans,
I'm a Middle-Aged Chap, that's been eagerly playing every incarnation of Gran Turismo, since inception. :cool:

And, I must admit, that I've chuckled when a "Newbie" has complained that they can't bear watching the Intro Movie, every single time that they want to Play the Game. :rolleyes::eek::dunce: Not Realizing that they just need to press the Circle, not the X Button. :lol:

But here I am, asking for your help, on bended knee. :bowdown: Ready to be Mercilessly Ridiculed :(:nervous:

I've done a lot of the License Tests & Missions, and Single Player races. I've acquired over 100 cars, but not been able to alter the settings on a Single One. :embarrassed: WTF am I doing wrong ? As when I go into the Settings & press "x" it just shows me the square, I press that & it just explains what effect changing the settings will have. :rolleyes: I already know that, from GT Sport etc.

What I need, is to learn how I actually alter the ride height, brake balance, etc...:banghead:

Any Help greatly Appreciated. :cheers:

Hi Fellow Gran Turismo fans,
I'm a Middle-Aged Chap, that's been eagerly playing every incarnation of Gran Turismo, since inception. :cool:

And, I must admit, that I've chuckled when a "Newbie" has complained that they can't bear watching the Intro Movie, every single time that they want to Play the Game. :rolleyes::eek::dunce: Not Realizing that they just need to press the Circle, not the X Button. :lol:

But here I am, asking for your help, on bended knee. :bowdown: Ready to be Mercilessly Ridiculed :(:nervous:

I've done a lot of the License Tests & Missions, and Single Player races. I've acquired over 100 cars, but not been able to alter the settings on a Single One. :embarrassed: WTF am I doing wrong ? As when I go into the Settings & press "x" it just shows me the square, I press that & it just explains what effect changing the settings will have. :rolleyes: I already know that, from GT Sport etc.

What I need, is to learn how I actually alter the ride height, brake balance, etc...:banghead:

Any Help greatly Appreciated. :cheers:
You can only change things on parts you've bought from the Tuning Shop like adjustable suspension, or if you've a race car that has those types of mods already.

You have to go to the tuning shop and by tuning shop and buy the appropriate item you want to tune. As tge cars come, they are stock settings, and can't be altered with the exception of some road cars, that come.equipped with adjustable suspension, or what have you, or they are race cars, which come equipped with adjustable parts. Downforce is adjustable after going to GT Auto and buying wings and body kits

Doh !! :dunce: Thanks Guys, I knew it would probably be something simple !!
I was adding a Street / Sports suspension, & didn't understand why I couldn't change the settings.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but you do know you can turn off the intro movie in the settings?

I have a newb question too.
So you know how with many of the tuning parts there are multiple versions? Does it make any sense to buy the "lesser" versions as well as the best version?

For example you can get brake kits as below

Ceramic Brake Kit (Extreme tab)
Racing Brake Kit (Racing tab)
Semi-Racing Brake Kit (semi racing tab)
Sports Brake kit (sports tab)

Is there any point to buying the cheaper ones if I can afford the most expensive Ceramic Brake kit? Ie. should I just buy the ceramic one?

Same with gearboxes etc? Any point buying the customisable sports gearbox if I already have bought the customisable racing gearbox?

Same with suspension. etc etc

Would be great if someone can clarify before I waste too much money on upgrades that are superfluous!

I have a newb question too.
So you know how with many of the tuning parts there are multiple versions? Does it make any sense to buy the "lesser" versions as well as the best version?

For example you can get brake kits as below

Ceramic Brake Kit (Extreme tab)
Racing Brake Kit (Racing tab)
Semi-Racing Brake Kit (semi racing tab)
Sports Brake kit (sports tab)

Is there any point to buying the cheaper ones if I can afford the most expensive Ceramic Brake kit? Ie. should I just buy the ceramic one?

Same with gearboxes etc? Any point buying the customisable sports gearbox if I already have bought the customisable racing gearbox?

Same with suspension. etc etc

Would be great if someone can clarify before I waste too much money on upgrades that are superfluous!
The lesser upgrades don't include any exclusive features, so if you can afford the best ones, and you're not in a custom event that restricts you from using them, then get those. You could optimize PP by skipping out on some of those upgrades, but I think you're better off having the increased adjustability for the small increase in performance points.

Carbon brakes, however, offer no performance benefits, at least in short races. If you want to save money on upgrades, racing brakes will get you by just as well.

Back