GT7 Car Build Challenge

• Thread starter Mirai
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
mtecRacing
Earlier today, whilst I was doing some upgrade shopping on GT7, I came up with an interesting idea: A car build challenge. Basically, I give you guys some specs to build around and then we’ll show them to each other! My first challenge is going to be Homemade TCR Cars:
  • Permitted cars: Any FWD car with less than 330hp stock
  • Spec parts: Ballast, Power Restrictor, RH tyres, Racing Transmission, Racing LSD, Racing Flywheel & Clutch, Racing Exhaust, Maximum Weight Reduction (Usually Stage 3 for these kind of cars)
  • Weight Range: 1250-1285kg
  • Power Range: 345-355bhp (Target P-W Ratio is 276hp/Tonne, use this website to help you find how much power you’re allowed for your car https://motoristo.com/tools/power-to-weight-calculator)
Good luck, and I hope to see what cars you lot can come up with!

By gut-feeling the list of available cars looks to be rather short.
Wanted to give it a try with Honda Integra 98 but then noticed I only have one with engine swap and was too late for getting a fresh one from the UCD, tried with the 92, but that car is simply trying to kill me on every occasion and is convinced the fastest way to end any race is to just crash - cant lose when the driver is K.O.
Had a look at Renaul Megane Trophy 11 and actually seems ok, but begrudged by my first 2 negative experiences of today and the lack of driving for monthes I cant get up a clean lap to really bring it to its limits.

This reminds me of the tuning competitions hosted in this forum back in the GT5 days.

It was a loose association of tuning and driving enthusiasts. They would pick a track and some pp or other guidelines. There were tuners and testers, and you could be either or both. The testers would run at least 5 laps in each tune and record their fastest times as well as any comments about the tune.

I was a complete newbie back then, and it was a great way to enjoy the game and learn about how to race properly, as well as the different handling characteristics of different cars.

Memories…

It would be lovely to get something like that going again.... And this thread could be just the seed we need.

Back