GT7 Career/Campaign car purchase and upgrade guide for fastest game progression

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 12 comments
Germany
Germany
Unlike most people (it seems!), I'm not particularly looking forward to starting with a crap little city car, upgrading part by part and having to trial and error to see which parts are the best bang for buck, which are the best cars to purchase early in the campaign mode to enable easy wins, fast credit accumulation etc.

Would be nice to have a career/campaign guide thread to tell people like me which cars to buy, which parts to upgrade etc. I've always liked that type of guide as a time saver, rather than wasting hard earned credits on the wrong cars/parts and making it more of a grind to get to the real fun cars.

Obviously it will take at least a few days/weeks for the community to find the best path, but it would be great if you could share the knowledge here!

Thanks

@Famine should brush off his old typewriter and stretch his fingers, he’s soon needed to begin on GTPedia: GT7 Update. :sly:

It's one of the genuine joys of Gran Turismo to start off with next to nothing and gradually work your way up to a full garage of dream cars. Recent GT's (5, 6) haven't been anywhere near as difficult as previous versions (especially GT3; The Real Poverty Simulator).

If you have the game pre-ordered, you are ahead from the start. I'm hoping I don't have to apply the code, I like the grind :D

I’m in it from the start to the end. No loading GTS saves, no extra credits or cars to begin with.

Give me a Demio and point me to the tarmac and I’m as happy as a pig in muck.

I don't think youll have to worry because based on leaked gameplay the game will throw cars at you like it's noone's business
BF63BE20-F2A8-4CC1-99F2-423A88F11C31.gif

Also you.

Yeah I just want to race online and cannot be bothered with grinding chase the rabbit races just so I can get to a decent selection of gr4, 3 and 2 cars.

I’m in it from the start to the end. No loading GTS saves, no extra credits or cars to begin with.

Give me a Demio and point me to the tarmac and I’m as happy as a pig in muck.

Thats great! For you. I can understand the enjoyment.
Some of us just don't have the time to invest, and just want to play a great racer on great hardware, with a wide assortment of great cars and tracks

Unlike most people (it seems!), I'm not particularly looking forward to starting with a crap little city car, upgrading part by part and having to trial and error to see which parts are the best bang for buck, which are the best cars to purchase early in the campaign mode to enable easy wins, fast credit accumulation etc.

Would be nice to have a career/campaign guide thread to tell people like me which cars to buy, which parts to upgrade etc. I've always liked that type of guide as a time saver, rather than wasting hard earned credits on the wrong cars/parts and making it more of a grind to get to the real fun cars.

Obviously it will take at least a few days/weeks for the community to find the best path, but it would be great if you could share the knowledge here!

Thanks
Don't worry my friend if you need help on something and I be happy to help 🙂, because I will spend most of my time in the GT7 turning forum and I hope to open up a garage soon. If I decided to open one I will talk about what cars to buy and which parts to upgrade etc, but I want to play the game for a while first though.

Is there a daily car reward for driving 42km like in GTS? Or some other similar incentive to spend 30 mins on the game each day?

What's the deal with the difficulty setting? Will setting it to easy assist in faster acquisition of cars and credits?

Is there a daily car reward for driving 42km like in GTS? Or some other similar incentive to spend 30 mins on the game each day?

What's the deal with the difficulty setting? Will setting it to easy assist in faster acquisition of cars and credits?
From what I've seen the credits are the same regardless of the difficulty setting.

I suspect, before they patch it, a nice long race with a bit of rubber banding an MX5 in a custom race is what you want to be doing to attain that plan lol.

Beyond that I can't help right now.

The biggest thing you'll face is that some vehicles aren't available to purchase, regardless of credits, due to the need for invitation to purchase.

Back