GT7 Constant crashing after 1.43 update

• Thread starter Racer123
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Immediately following the update to 1.43, GT7 will crash on my PS5 after just a minute or so of use. It will sometimes freeze on the menu screen. Other times I can get as far as the race selection screen or open the garage. GT7 is the only game that is freezing / crashing. All others run perfectly for hours without any issues. The game ran for over a year without any issues then 1.43 came along.

I have done the following in an attempt to resolve.

• Booted in safe mode and cleared the cache.
  • Rebuilt the database.
  • Removed and reinstalled the game.
  • Confirmed that all updates were installed.
  • Pulled the plug and let it sit for a day.
  • Reset the console to factory
  • Reinstalled the PS5 software.
  • Updated the licenses.
  • Cleaned the vent and inspected to ensure there was no overheating issues.
  • Disc is clean.
  • Started a bran new game under a different user. Failed almost immediately loading the stupid music challenge.
  • Rest mode disabled.

My PS5 has the disc slot and I am reloading from the disc. Is it possible to download GT7 from the web without having to repurchase it? I'm wondering if something on the disc might be corrupt.

This sounds horrible. I don't think the disc would be corrupt or matter. I am not a software engineer, but I believe the disc is only the starting point, the majority of the game would be downloaded online. Especially Spec II is a huge revision that probably replaced majority of whatever files from the disc.

My PS5 digital been crashing for a few months when a picture is rendering. Fully cleaned my PS5 and I stopped posting pics for a little while. The message would read it’s getting too hot. Don’t see how that’s possible after a few minutes of play of a fresh play session.
Yesterday evening Played for about six hours not a problem. Took a couple pics of one of my Sierras and the too hot message came up. Didn’t shut off. Kept playing and I shut itself down a little bit later.
Just then(about five minutes ago) been playing for another five hours with an hour break. Took a pic of another Sierra with the too hot warning during the rendering. Couple seconds after saving the photo the system shut off completely.

The crashing stuff happened in PS4 due to high resolution option settings. To fix that I tuned it down. My PS5 has ray tracing on and the pictures are Standard setting. I’m not clicking the Fine option.

I’ve tried aiming a clean fan at the system, placing the fan to extract the heat from the system, my system is out of the sun with plenty of shaded ventilation. Even having a fan blowing cool air from my air conditioner aimed at the system.

Edit: I wrote everything above last night. Was about to post this morning, but it happened again. Did a 7 lap race at Red Bull Ring. Set up photos and the fan got loud displaying too hot message. Didn’t shut off after another twenty minutes of me waiting to see what happened next. I shut the system down.

Edit2: Here’s a new one. “Too many USB devices” flashes up while I’m in VR. Seriously how? All I have is my PSVR2 and the charger for one controller plugged into my PS5.

Edit4: Now my PSVR2 is shutting off. I just started playing and the internet disconnection message flashed in the headset. Then is read I had too many USB connected. Then screen went black. My PS5 is still running. Took the headset off and the image appears on my tv as normal.
Refit the headset turn it on and it’s in pause as normal. Click Continue and it has blacked out and shut off three times. Continued the race in flat screen. Paused it. Refit headset. Pressed Continue and it seems to be running fine.

Last edited:
Sounds like a heating issue, my bet would be too much dust has built up internally, the chip(s) is getting too hot and shutting down, GT5 is one of those games that demands a lot on the system, blowing dust off the vents won't be enough, if this was a PC, in addition to getting the dust out, it might require replacing the thermal paste on the CPU or graphics processor GPU, that said I don't know how the chips are mounted on the PS5.

Didn’t have much to clean as I cleaned it properly the first time. The heatsoak fins were dirty and loads of dust. Took it apart and just needed a light dusting with a small paint brush. The system is whisper quiet.
Might buy a new PS5 or we’ll see if this PS5 Pro is a reality.

that said I don't know how the chips are mounted on the PS5.
Using liquid metal as the thermal conductive medium, I dont know how easy this is to reapply (or dispose of) or it you simply shouldnt do it at all.
In the early monthes, there were articles claiming this could leak if the console is in its upright standing position, though I doubt Sony wouldnt have tested both ways of placement (yet who knows how thoroughly this tests have been).

Using liquid metal as the thermal conductive medium, I dont know how easy this is to reapply (or dispose of) or it you simply shouldnt do it at all.
In the early monthes, there were articles claiming this could leak if the console is in its upright standing position, though I doubt Sony wouldnt have tested both ways of placement (yet who knows how thoroughly this tests have been).
Yeah this. Its been a while and i don’t remember exactly but i think the vertical orientation allowed the sink paste to drip away on some models.

Back