GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
Ugh, I was in a race in the 10pm slot at Deep Forest. I got 1 lap in and I got an error message. My bar was red and most everyone else's was green. That irks me. There really should be an offline version of Sport mode too. And it says on my laptop that I'm connected to the internet. That is weird.

Last edited:
Ugh, I was in a race in the 10pm slot at Deep Forest. I got 1 lap in and I got an error message. My bar was red and most everyone else's was green. That irks me. There really should be an offline version of Sport mode too. And it says on my laptop that I'm connected to the internet. That is weird.
Curious about how an offline sport mode could work. Considering…🙈
Please explain.

I don't know, maybe PD could add a feature where we could switch to an offline race mode for lobby players in Sport mode. I'm off to bed now. Got one more day of SSRX.

Is there any way to change your mind about accidentally choosing to not change tyres?
Did all of lap 11 with no front left, and lap 12 with no rear left, and had to settle for 3rd after an easy win was on 🙄😭

I got a GT DD Pro 8nm wheel about two weeks ago, it works great but, every track has one or two dead spots where the FF goes dead. Watkins Glen was just going into turn 2 and now Fuji right around turn 7. I can put a tire on the curbing or completely in the grass and there’s no feel. There is still the same resistance on the wheel though.
Anybody else see this?

Did a race on 2nd account and went weird lol.

Firstly, I improved on my main account time and almost broke into the 1:32's.
Then, having said hello to a fellow GT member here, he sent me a weird and hilarious reply 🤣
In terms of the race, was on P1's bumper all race and was fairly easy for me to keep P2 for the final 2 laps, more than 4s ahead of P3 behind. I even took the lead briefly but the Veyron top speed + slipstream, I had no chance to keep the lead.

It was tricky because P1 was brake-checking me all the time on lap 1 and 2, with fellow GT member bumping into me as I slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the offending leader... Been called a few things, but never slow lol 🤪 No offense taken btw, all good from my side mate (if you read this) 😁

1713105371844.jpeg
1713105385777.jpeg

1713105403533.jpeg
1713105418784.jpeg

** UPDATE **

I hopped into main account and had fellow rocket-man @Robster UK in the lobby, who ended up winning! 🥳 As for me, started and finished in P10 but plenty of close-race action, penalty and overtakes for me plus....

4 CAR PHOTO-FINISH ON THE LINE

Also @mellofello9 on Lap 4, although not fully side-by-side, I did go next to another good and clean driver through that exit and tunnel and it was a good example of what you asked about yesterday, so might interest you :)

1713109628595.jpeg

Also 2nd update...

@Robster UK

The guy who said he hit you because of me after our 2nd race just now... Btw, he rammed past me but anyways...

Here is where he hit you so don't believe the scum 😉
1713112279166.jpeg

1713112272514.jpeg

Last edited:
Did a race on 2nd account and went weird lol.

Firstly, I improved on my main account time and almost broke into the 1:32's.
Then, having said hello to a fellow GT member here, he sent me a weird and hilarious reply 🤣
In terms of the race, was on P1's bumper all race and was fairly easy for me to keep P2 for the final 2 laps, more than 4s ahead of P3 behind. I even took the lead briefly but the Veyron top speed + slipstream, I had no chance to keep the lead.

It was tricky because P1 was brake-checking me all the time on lap 1 and 2, with fellow GT member bumping into me as I slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the offending leader... Been called a few things, but never slow lol 🤪 No offense taken btw, all good from my side mate (if you read this) 😁

View attachment 1346503 View attachment 1346505

View attachment 1346506 View attachment 1346507
Ah, you've met the fake famine then!

I had a funny (bugged) race A today - started on pole, but as we set off the blue flag was waving, and we got nearly halfway down the first straight before the countdown timer started!

By then I was shown in P2 behind the guy who actually finished 8th, but I was 10 seconds ahead of the field. When we crossed the finish line I was shown as the winner, having maintained my margin ahead of the rest!

20240414_142700.jpg

I then turned back to race B - got rammed out of the first two races, and went from B/B to C/B! Two races as a C - two wins and straight back to B!

@TechnoIsLove im giving you this one. My effort levels are waining now

View attachment 1346589

I put in a solid account of myself but ran out of time both actually and metaphorically.

Roll on spa, and I think this one could go wildly either way.
We got Spa next week? GR3 or GR4? And can we play around with running gear or just brake balance? And what tire compound?

(I know you are friend with Bernie and Masi so I know you have the inside scoop) 🤣

And remember, it's not just the main acc you need to beat to truly defeat me 🤪

1713115438646.jpeg

Last edited:
We got Spa next week? GR3 or GR4? And can we play around with running gear or just brake balance? And what tire compound?

(I know you are friend with Bernie and Masi so I know you have the inside scoop) 🤣
Probably Gr3 for spa, although DT is always a fav for them.

My guess is gr3 as prep for the GTWS stuff, let you run a car before signing up. Probably MCL for spa with no conditions but the Porsche and GTR will go fast.

Supra for aliens at the end of the week.

DT as a C is also possible with GR3 and controversially I think for a C the COD is possibly too much but PD do PD things.

If it's GR4 at spa you better free up the calendar to catch me mate

"And remember, it's not just the main acc you need to beat to truly defeat me 🤪"

Well this awkward but I haven't put a time in my racing account...either ;)

Last edited:
Here is where he hit you so don't believe the scum 😉
View attachment 1346587
To be fair that was a bad race, already had a 2s of penalties on the previous lap then pushed off here and got another 1.5s and damage.
The afternoon racing was clean and fair but from this race onwards it was elbows out everywhere and have now stopped.
DR has climbed this week, one win and lots of top fives, also had @newmedia_dev in one race now he's back to A.

QT has helped this week, kept chipping away and got quicker times each day ending 0.6 behind the top global time.

18eddbe40151-screenshotUrl.jpg

To be fair that was a bad race, already had a 2s of penalties on the previous lap then pushed off here and got another 1.5s and damage.
The afternoon racing was clean and fair but from this race onwards it was elbows out everywhere and have now stopped.
DR has climbed this week, one win and lots of top fives, also had @newmedia_dev in one race now he's back to A.

QT has helped this week, kept chipping away and got quicker times each day ending 0.6 behind the top global time.

View attachment 1346604
How in the hell weren't you in front of me!!!

Edit you might of been, I was p11 and you were the sharp end

Last edited:
To all the people ahead of me on my friends leaderboard: You have no idea how close I came to passing a lot of you. In the last hour or so, I had 3-4 Q laps where I bettered my time for the first 2 sectors by a significant amount, only to screw up the final hairpin. I mean, I didn't totally screw it up each time, but I lost all the time I had gained. I honestly think I could have come close to breaking into the 1:32's.

That last hairpin is such a hit-or-miss for me, mostly miss. If I could've hit it more consistently, well, at least I wouldn't be posting this message. Dammit... Dammit, dammit, dammit!!!

1713133658845.png

At least I had a good week racing, and I hope y'all did too. I only had 1 DNF this week, and that was because I got a 4 second penalty for intentionally taking out someone who had knocked me off the track the previous lap. I don't retaliate much anymore, but honestly, that felt great.

As for next week at spa, It's not a track I do well at. I'll give it my best, but y'all will probably have to scroll your friends leaderboard quite a bit to find me.

1713134686127.png

1713134871258.png

The only Daily Race I've done I think this year is an A at SSRX on Monday this week, to get the image for the article. That's @GOTMAXPOWER alongside me too.

Also I drive dark purple Mazdas rather than metas, for when I inevitably have to do some this week to get back up into DR A. Which I've also not been this year.

IMG_0840.jpeg

My high-lite of the week was a podium after getting punted on lap 1, turn 1 today.
In baseball they say "if you're gonna be down big, be down big early" and that was the case here.
I qualified 3rd and everybody in front went into turn 1 clean, almost like they knew there was a turn there (right turn Clyde), but the pool player in 10th launched himself at the pack like it was the opening break, just to see what would happen... Drives me insane!

Last edited:
To all the people ahead of me on my friends leaderboard: You have no idea how close I came to passing a lot of you. In the last hour or so, I had 3-4 Q laps where I bettered my time for the first 2 sectors by a significant amount, only to screw up the final hairpin. I mean, I didn't totally screw it up each time, but I lost all the time I had gained. I honestly think I could have come close to breaking into the 1:32's.

That last hairpin is such a hit-or-miss for me, mostly miss. If I could've hit it more consistently, well, at least I wouldn't be posting this message. Dammit... Dammit, dammit, dammit!!!

View attachment 1346663

At least I had a good week racing, and I hope y'all did too. I only had 1 DNF this week, and that was because I got a 4 second penalty for intentionally taking out someone who had knocked me off the track the previous lap. I don't retaliate much anymore, but honestly, that felt great.

As for next week at spa, It's not a track I do well at. I'll give it my best, but y'all will probably have to scroll your friends leaderboard quite a bit to find me.
I know your pain...I almost wish they didn't show you the optimal times. At least I could get annoyed by/simply not do the math and not know.🤣

Great, great week at Deep Forest. Wish I could've gotten more racing in but was glad to be able to knock-out a dozen or so. Lots-o-fun to be had. Also, plenty of affirmation that running side-by-side up the hill is just fine, with the right people.

Was also a blast chasing y'all up the board. This is one of a bunch of weeks recently that I've made 1500-ish globally. I can assure you, if it wasn't for chasing these ridiculous times, I'd be nowhere near that.
thumbs_up_2.gif

Keep up the good work, folks! :cheers:

Has Sport mode got more competitive lately?

Asked this last week, but got no reply, so I’ll ask again with this week’s data.

I’m usually ~3 seconds off the aliens, which puts me between 3,000-5,000 on the leaderboard (I recall this being the case at Laguna a few months ago).

This week at DF I was 2.3 seconds off the fastest time and was somewhere in the low 10,000s! Improved my time to 1.8 seconds off the fastest time and dropped to 7780th.

Seems like a big change in competitiveness. Or am I misremembering what it used to be like even a few months ago?

Last edited:
Has Sport mode got more competitive lately?

Asked this last week, but got no reply, so I’ll ask again with this week’s data.

I’m usually ~3 seconds off the aliens, which puts me between 3,000-5,000 on the leaderboard (I recall this being the case at Laguna a few months ago).

This week at DF I was 2.3 seconds off the fastest time and was somewhere in the low 10,000s! Improved my time to 1.8 seconds off the fastest time and dropped to 7780th.

Seems like a big change in competitiveness. Or am I misremembering what it used to be like even a few months ago?
Seems like it to me too - I haven't got slower, everyone else has got faster 😂

We had an epic Spa race just 3 weeks ago. Why do this combo again and with only 4 laps?

Unless they are trying to compensate people who like the combo and were put off by the longer race and weather, it makes no sense.

Personally I'm please to be back at Spa again, it's one of my favouites. I just wish when PD allow setup changes, you'd get the option to save your settings. Inputting them at the start of every race session is frustrating to say the least! :banghead:

Why does it have to be Gr4 and Gr3 (with the odd Gr2 exception) all the time?!?
PD have shown, as with Race A last week, that they can do more interesting stuff, with a selection of specific cars, tuned in some cases. I would love to see a Race A for example, where they just set a max PP (eg 600 PP) and BHP (eg 400BHP), Minimum weight (Eg 1200kg), ands maybe an age bracket (eg 1980-1989). Leave all tuning open, and just let people build and tune cars, and see what comes to the top.

I know it has the potential for carnage, with speed differentials between those opting for more weight and power, and those favouring lightness and handling, but at least it would be interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back