GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,379 comments
This'll take less than a minute of your time, and you get to hear my voice! Big thrill for y'all I'm sure.

Do you feel my pain?

Nope, 100% your fault. When recovering from an incident and not up to speed it's your responsibility to keep out of the way of cars passing at speed. All you had to do was leave a little more room and it would have passed without incident. Instead you, in a car going way below race pace, made a totally unnecessary move over towards the apex squeezing a car at race speed on the racing line into the wall.

Next week's are out:

1714129890689.png

1714129916032.png

1714129933469.png

This'll take less than a minute of your time, and you get to hear my voice! Big thrill for y'all I'm sure.
I actually think that penalty is from the first incident with the green porsche. The penalty popped up way too soon after the second incident for it to be from that.
Strange thing though is that I don't think I've seen a 1 second penalty for hitting another car before though.

What is this a repeat? Looks very familiar.
FWIW, we've never had a Suzuka Circuit with RMs in Daily Race B. You can see this in the "Tracks/Races" tab of GranTracker.
I actually think that penalty is from the first incident with the green porsche. The penalty popped up way too soon after the second incident for it to be from that.
Strange thing though is that I don't think I've seen a 1 second penalty for hitting another car before though.
Now that I look at it again, I agree totally. Thanks. I should have received a penalty for my rear-ending the Porsche. And I agree that a 1 second penalty for that is odd too. Maybe PD felt bad for not ghosting the Porsche. :lol:

Quick update from my side:

I officially SUCK at Race B this week.

End of transmission ***

PS: Good luck to all of you 🙂
I said this before, but I'll repeat it. If you can't drive up to your QT, then you'll get eaten alive at Race B. I've managed to live up to my QT most of the time now, but that wasn't true early on, and I lost 10 pounds off my ass, which is good because I'm trying to lose weight.

I've had all sorts of mixed results there this week, although for the most part I've loved it. But last night there was this guy that qualified right behind me, and he insisted on tapping me at the most inopportune times. Over and over again. It wasn't like he was on my butt the entire time - he just wanted to take some of the corners faster than me, I guess. But that's no excuse for being a jerk.

So I finally let him pass me on the left-hander after the long downhill straight on Lap 3, and he wiped out shortly thereafter.

And while that was gratifying, I lost my interest in racing anymore last night, because if he was behind me again, I wasn't sure what I would do. I don't mind letting people pass me who are faster than me, but he never got close enough in the places where that would be easy to do.

Sorry for the venting.

It was much better this morning, and both myself and some of the others showed a lot of common courtesy, including going side-by-side through turns 5-7. (I wouldn't normally do that, but a slip by the guy in front of me, and I could either slow down and get caught from behind, or go side-by-side so we could also block the people behind us - not in a nasty way, just by our wide asses - we were both in an R8.)

It was so nice to drive with people who respected each other.

Lol, Tsukuba again? Come on PD, add some more variety of different tracks like Colorado Springs or some of the Tokyo tracks. I don't recall seeing Suzuka in the B slot for quite a while, I'm skipping Race C, that pit entry is jacked up. I'm guessing that Suzuka will consist of the Group 3 cars and Michelin, the Group 4 cars. But I may be wrong. I guess we'll find out Monday morning around 3am.

@Kriptical so what is your guess? Which class of cars will be racing at Michelin next week? It's either Group 3 or 4 cars. Maybe PD will surprise us with something unique like a Group 1 Cup.

SHORT RANT:

So there I was, minding my own business in P8, when the guy in front of me slams on his brakes for no apparent reason, and I had no choice but to smash right into him. A moment later, he's gone from the game. Fortunately, I didn't get penalized, and still ended up picking up some SR points. Unfortunately I finished DFL.

OK, not much of a rant, but at least I let off some steam.

END RANT

Now for the real reason I wanted to post:

I think the major thing that hinders my progress in getting better at this game, is that there are a lot of times I'll put in an awesome (for me) section during Q, and I have no idea what I did differently. So obviously I can't repeat it. And if I do it for multiple sections, I end up with a QT I can't race to.

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of times I actually do know what I did differently, but there's too many instances of when I don't.

I'm going to try and remember to save a replay when I do this, and compare it to my previous best time. I'll do the compare in a video editor so I can hopefully really see the differences - that's all I can think of.

Any other ideas?

SHORT RANT:

So there I was, minding my own business in P8, when the guy in front of me slams on his brakes for no apparent reason, and I had no choice but to smash right into him. A moment later, he's gone from the game. Fortunately, I didn't get penalized, and still ended up picking up some SR points. Unfortunately I finished DFL.

OK, not much of a rant, but at least I let off some steam.

END RANT

Now for the real reason I wanted to post:

I think the major thing that hinders my progress in getting better at this game, is that there are a lot of times I'll put in an awesome (for me) section during Q, and I have no idea what I did differently. So obviously I can't repeat it. And if I do it for multiple sections, I end up with a QT I can't race to.

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of times I actually do know what I did differently, but there's too many instances of when I don't.

I'm going to try and remember to save a replay when I do this, and compare it to my previous best time. I'll do the compare in a video editor so I can hopefully really see the differences - that's all I can think of.

Any other ideas?
Cant you just look at your ghost to see what its doing differently?

Cant you just look at your ghost to see what its doing differently?
It's often more than just lines. There's subtle difference in braking points, braking length, coasting, acceleration - all those things that you can't really tell from a ghost.

EDIT:

I've been running the R8 with BB -5 at TM. For kicks and giggles, I just tried it at BB +5. After a few laps to get used to it, I cut about a half second off my QT.

Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to try different things, even if you think the things you're doing are good.

Last edited:
I'm having a blast with the C race :D After like 10 races this week where I started in top 5 and finished in P2 for 6 or 7 of them, and P3 in others, it was finally time tonight for game to put me in a normal lobby, without any S/S aliens.

2 victories in a row

1714174749217.jpg

1714174749194.jpg

And the second race, oh my god, tight and clean battle literally every single second of the race, never was the difference between the two of us more than half a second. I was leading most of the way, he passed me once, immediately I repassed, and then again in lap 19 he was leading, and for the last corner of the last lap I had such a good run uphill, he stayed on the inside to defend, I was wide, switchback and a drag race to the line, incredible, for sure the most exciting race I had.

1714174749182.jpg

And to further celebrate the victory, a big moment, for the first time ever, I'm into the A+ category :)

1714174749204.jpg

Well this is interesting, DR and SR may be off for Race A but that doesn't mean the rules do not apply. I heard a couple of days ago that Mikail Hizal (who has some kind of role within PD now) had officially warned a number of players who were treating the "meme races" as demolition derbies on Discord, another player (one of the fastest in France) has been given a 30 day ban for doing the same. 👀

Back