GT7 Easier To Make?

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 3 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Good day Kaz,

I remember all this talk a while back when the Playstation 3 first came out about developers saying it's quite difficult to develop games for the PS3 due its complicated architecture hence why plenty couldn't develop what they originally intended. I even remember a statement from Polyphony Digital if memory serves that yes it was difficult to develop for the console, even on the recent Reddit Kaz AMA there was a statement relating to that with GT's Photomode.

So now since Playstation 4 is out and it's been catered to more for the developers, will it be much easier for Polyphony Digital to develop GT7? On top of that , to implement more of the things you and the team have planned to in the past but just couldn't because of the PS3?

I'm sure now with the PS4 there's much easier developing all round (Graphics, gameplay etc) I wouldn't want another Watch_Dogs incident though...

Thanks to you and your team for making one the best games out there!

Easier... until it comes out and then the excuses of why it doesn't have feature A, non-functioning part B, or why they weren't able to get C in at all. I can see it now... :boggled:

I can... because I've been through it twice already.

Well, think of it this way: The PS4 will be as easy to work with (relatively) as the PS2, so, while PD will still be perfectionists, updates will be quicker and easier. (read faster)

Back