GT7 error code, help!

• Thread starter unkleelroi
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I need a little help guys. I have no issues making it into multilayer and qualifying for races. As soon as the time expires an its time to hit the grid. I keep getting error code AF-100200.
I've removed and reloaded the game with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Also is there a master error code listing somewhere? I've been looking for one.

I need a little help guys. I have no issues making it into multilayer and qualifying for races. As soon as the time expires an its time to hit the grid. I keep getting error code AF-100200.
To answer the last question first, no.

There's been quite a few complaints over the last 15 hours or so about Daily Races not working in Europe, so your issue may be connected. However I've never heard of any "AF" error code, so I can't even guess at what the problem is.

If it's not a silly question, do you have a PlayStation Plus subscription, either for the account you're trying to use or for any account set as a Primary on the console you're using?

Edit: Okay, there was another similar outage in September 2022 with AF error codes shown - AF-160400 - but no actual information on what the code is or means. As it was widespread in both cases, assume it's not a local error that you have any control over and just wait for a resolution, I guess.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm getting an err code when trying to attend to daily races. When count down is ready for match making I'll get "An unexpected error has occurred AF-100200"... Can't get any info on what it is. Anyone knows what it is and how to solve it?

Same for me. Tried 4-5 times yesterday at arount 23h (CEST) and again 4-5 times today between 9-11h.
I've tried:
  • Restarting GT 7
  • Clearing GT 7 temp files
  • Restarting PS 5 (including unplugging it for a few minutes as suggested by some threads about similar issues)
  • Restarting my router

Nothing helped. While in quali mode the timer just breaks and nothing happens. If I'm waiting in the lobby, a few seconds after the timer runs out I get the error dialog. A few times I've seen the aforementioned "AF-100200", but one time yesterday I also saw another error, though I don't recall what it was.

It seems the issue is on their side...

I've had the same error code AF-100200 same issue was happening to me all day yesterday. I couldn't find anything online about this so i gave up but now that you posted this its seems like a server issue for sure. Lets hope it gets fixed soon. Some good races this week.

Well I guess I should take some contentment in not being the only one. Been going on since late yesterday. Initially qualifying just continued with no timer. Now it ends with and error so hopefully that's and indicator somethings in the works.
I even tried entering the race but not going into qualifying and the same results.

Yep exactly the same for me, started last night for me around 11:00pm ish in the UK on the 14th August, this morning (15th) it is still the same. If im in quali, the timer ends but nothing happens I just stay on track in quali. If im waiting in the lobby, a few seconds before the timer expires I get the error AF-100200. Clearly this is a widespread server issue, all we can do is wait for it to be resolved.

Last edited:
Same here, been getting it all morning

I like how half a dozen people posted their first posts in this thread

Edit: a dozen. :lol:
Welcome to the community!! 🤣

In all seriousness, I've had very few issues with connectivity since launch day. Today is by far the worst, I'd be very upset if I was relatively new to the game and this happened.

Edit: especially here in Spain where it's a national holiday and there's probably a hundred thousand budding Josetes planning a day of hardcore online racing

Last edited:
I've just tried to capture the issue for a possible article and after getting the countdown timeout first time I've had no problems racing subsequently against a multitude of nations.

I'll try again, but it could be fixed.

Seemed to be a worse issue than the usual - usually able to at least start to race. Lucky to finish one - but they sorted it out in less than 24hrs.

I say well done PD. Thanks!
(If the statement in the link above is accurate. I haven't actually checked for myself yet. Here's hoping!)

Latest Posts

Back