GT7 - G29 Paddle Shifters not working

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi I am new here, I am having a wierd issue with using Manual with the Paddle Shifters on a G29 racing wheel with Gran Turismo 7 on PS5. "Gear up" and "Gear Down" do not work at all even if I assign them to other buttons on the wheel. It works perfectly fine on a DualSense controller with no issues.

All of the buttons on the wheel work as you can use them in the menus, I've checked the firmware on the wheel is up to date. The gear shifter attachment works when plugged in, but I have unplugged it as I'd prefer to use the paddle shifters instead.

The absolute strangest part of it all is this only effects my profile on my PS5, if I log into another user on a fresh slate of GT7 the shifters work! It makes no sense why they simply do not work on my profile.

I've searched all over the internet to see if anyone has had the same experiance and a solution but there is none thus far. Can anyone here shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

I'm using a G923 wheel and after the last couple of updates, I had to restart my PS5
to get my steering back. This morning, I had to restart it twice!
Maybe restarting will help.

I'm using a G923 wheel and after the last couple of updates, I had to restart my PS5
to get my steering back. This morning, I had to restart it twice!
Maybe restarting will help.
Restarting unfortunately does not help, same with powering down the PS5 and Wheel. If I run the game from another user on the same console it works just fine, just not on my own user with my saved data.

I have the exact same issue. If you worked out how to fix it please share. Weirdest thing - changing user on the ps5 makes the paddle shifters work - changing back to my username and they don't work...it's a game bug not a wheel bug.

thanks.

Last edited:
@SoKratos40

I can't help you with your issue, but you might check the Sim Racing Hardware section of the forum.

Might find someone with knowledge there, Logitech even has some representatives that are regular posters that might be familiar with your issue.

Last edited:
@SoKratos40

I can't help you with your issue, but you might check the Sim Racing Hardware section of the forum.

Might find someone with knowledge there, Logitech even has some representatives that are regular posters that might be familiar with your issue.

Ok - perhaps we can direct the Logitech reps here - but I suspect it's a GT7 or PS5 technical bug with the saved data - specific to the use of the wheel on an existing GT7 user profile. Works fine with new profiles.

I don't remember who told me.....but unplugging my wheel from my PS5 for a couple of seconds
and plugging it back in worked for me!
Hope it works for you!

Unfortunately that doesn't work Bob, HOWEVER the paddle shifters do work in Sports mode, just not in World Circuits, Missions and Licence...which is just stupid.

Last edited:
Back