GT7 garage corruption – 336 cars collected but only 36 in garage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Telemanuge81
  • 23 comments
  • 2,416 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
10
United States
United States
PSN Telemanuge81 PS5. GT7 garage corrupted. Profile shows 336 cars collected but only ~36 appear in garage. Credits intact. Requested server garage restore but no response for over a week. Tried talking to PlayStation complete dead end. Just sucks because I can’t do challenges I used too due to missing cars. I really hope they can fix it almost 1200 hours of play time with my son and I.

Already lost out on a few weeks of challenges due to this kind of a bummer. Hope they see this post.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_ABC988DE-10F7-40DB-BF79-D4BBF4D91F20.webp
    IMG_ABC988DE-10F7-40DB-BF79-D4BBF4D91F20.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7FF2F40B-F802-4CB0-8510-F9CEC9EE3239.webp
    IMG_7FF2F40B-F802-4CB0-8510-F9CEC9EE3239.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4939.webp
    IMG_4939.webp
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Profile shows 336 cars collected but only ~36 appear in garage.
The Car Collection only shows what cars you have at one time owned, not what you do currently own.

Aside from not really being a thing, because your garage isn't locally stored at all, it's exceptionally odd for a "corruption" to not wipe everything out. I think I'd be looking at a more... human source.

I don't know his age, but is your bank balance looking particularly like someone has been on a selling spree?
 
The Car Collection only shows what cars you have at one time owned, not what you do currently own.

Aside from not really being a thing, because your garage isn't locally stored at all, it's exceptionally odd for a "corruption" to not wipe everything out. I think I'd be looking at a more... human source.

I don't know his age, but is your bank balance looking particularly like someone has been on a selling spree?
I thought of that but with a Bank balance of 300k I severely doubt it. Plus he is old enough and smart enough to know to never sell. We talked about that early and he is the one that grew most of the collections

Also I have done a lot of reading it’s a garage inventory corruption bug that is known to polyphony. The only way to fix it is to have them reload from their server side but getting their attention has been a challenge. There a formal data recovery form for this very reason.


But they don’t seem to be replying at all
So I’m not sure how long I need to wait or if they even got it.

Hahahah Jnr best be hiding under the bed.
Really good kid and if anyone will mess something out it would be me. This game is not more important than him so my hope is they restore it but if not this will end my GT streak. I’ve played since original.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Also I have done a lot of reading it’s a garage inventory corruption bug that is known to polyphony.
Yes - we covered it here back when it was relevant.


What it did was... corrupt the entire profile so that nothing was left, not arbitrarily remove 90% of the cars in the garage and then do nothing else. The recovery process rolled it back to a previous known-good state. It's not been relevant in a long while though.

As your profile is otherwise untouched as far as I can tell (screenshots, using the Create/Share button are by far preferred as they do not crop off a bunch of screen), this looks like the cars you think you own have been removed (the fact that the 296 GT3 is there rules out a rollback to a very old save as the car was only added in December).

They may have been sold or just straight up deleted from the garage.
 
Yes - we covered it here back when it was relevant.


What it did was... corrupt the entire profile so that nothing was left, not arbitrarily remove 90% of the cars in the garage and then do nothing else. The recovery process rolled it back to a previous known-good state. It's not been relevant in a long while though.

As your profile is otherwise untouched as far as I can tell (screenshots, using the Create/Share button are by far preferred as they do not crop off a bunch of screen), this looks like the cars you think you own have been removed (the fact that the 296 GT3 is there rules out a rollback to a very old save as the car was only added in December).

They may have been sold or just straight up deleted from the garage.
I hear what you are saying but no one else touches the ps5 at my house so to arbitrarily delete 220+ cars without selling them is highly unlikely. Either way I would think that polyphony would help with save data since this is a year and a half of play lost. The article you linked is the same form I filled out without a response. Hopefully they are reviewing it. It’s random cars removed including some of mine and my son’s favorites. We both logged in and discovered the cars missing and it was after being offline for a bit over a week due to vacation. So no one was even around to do it. Hopefully there isn’t a GT7 car bandit around going and deleting cars and leaving our valuables lol.

To my knowledge the only way to get rid of a car is to sell it. Considering average time to do this per car around 10-12 seconds that’s like 45 min of sitting and deleting … plus non credits were posted to my account. So the only logical explanation is garage data bug because everywhere’s it still shows as acquired. My hope is that they do a restore for me… the question is when
 
I hear what you are saying but no one else touches the ps5 at my house so to arbitrarily delete 220+ cars without selling them is highly unlikely.
It's more likely than a profile corruption bug which doesn't corrupt your profile but cleaves 90% of your cars.

Just to reiterate, the Car Collection doesn't show what cars you own but what cars you have owned at one point. Buy or win a car once and it appears there forever whether you still own it or not.

The article you linked is the same form I filled out without a response.
Yes, the purpose of me linking to it was to show you that we know exactly what you're talking about (I wrote it) and why it's both not relevant (your profile is fine) and not current (it addressed a singular issue just under four years ago).
Hopefully they are reviewing it.
I'd say it's unlikely as your profile is demonstrably not corrupted.
We both logged in and discovered the cars missing and it was after being offline for a bit over a week due to vacation. So no one was even around to do it.
When you say "we both logged in", to what are you referring? Different consoles? Different accounts?

There's also Remote Play, which doesn't require you to be physically at your console and can be accessed on a mobile phone.

To my knowledge the only way to get rid of a car is to sell it.
No, you can discard them directly from the garage too.
So the only logical explanation is garage data bug because everywhere’s it still shows as acquired.
Just to reiterate, the Car Collection doesn't show what cars you own but what cars you have owned at one point. Buy or win a car once and it appears there forever whether you still own it or not.

Four plausible explanations spring to mind:
  • You're mistaking the Car Collection for your Garage and don't realise that having owned 336 different cars does not equate to currently owning 336 vehicles. I regard this one as unlikely, but it's always worth mentioning.
  • You've logged into the wrong account. As your images appear to have been taken within the same minute (again, screenshots beat mobile phone images 11 times out of 10; there's a lot of info missing), this too is not likely.
  • When logging in after a crash-during-saving, someone has accidentally opted to load up an older non-local file. This is also quite unlikely as it would need to be no older than the December 2025 update to still include the Ferrari 296 GT3.
  • Someone sold/discarded most of the cars you did have.

Profile corruption isn't among them because your profile isn't corrupted.
 
It's more likely than a profile corruption bug which doesn't corrupt your profile but cleaves 90% of your cars.

Just to reiterate, the Car Collection doesn't show what cars you own but what cars you have owned at one point. Buy or win a car once and it appears there forever whether you still own it or not.

Yes, the purpose of me linking to it was to show you that we know exactly what you're talking about (I wrote it) and why it's both not relevant (your profile is fine) and not current (it addressed a singular issue just under four years ago).

I'd say it's unlikely as your profile is demonstrably not corrupted.

When you say "we both logged in", to what are you referring? Different consoles? Different accounts?

There's also Remote Play, which doesn't require you to be physically at your console and can be accessed on a mobile phone.

No, you can discard them directly from the garage too.

Just to reiterate, the Car Collection doesn't show what cars you own but what cars you have owned at one point. Buy or win a car once and it appears there forever whether you still own it or not.

Four plausible explanations spring to mind:

    • You're mistaking the Car Collection for your Garage and don't realise that having owned 336 different cars does not equate to currently owning 336 vehicles. I regard this one as unlikely, but it's always worth mentioning.
    • You've logged into the wrong account. As your images appear to have been taken within the same minute (again, screenshots beat mobile phone images 11 times out of 10; there's a lot of info missing), this too is not likely.
    • When logging in after a crash-during-saving, someone has accidentally opted to load up an older non-local file. This is also quite unlikely as it would need to be no older than the December 2025 update to still include the Ferrari 296 GT3.
    • Someone sold/discarded most of the cars you did have.

Profile corruption isn't among them because your profile isn't corrupted.
Thank you for the insight. I am aware that collection number and cars in garage are not the same as I have bought and sold cars. I had about 256 cars in the garage. We don’t use remote play, only log on at home. There has only been one account. The shear time it would take to manually delete over 220 cars like I mentioned is purely improbable since he isn’t on it more than an hour and is usually testing out different cars and racing 90% of the time. I know for a fact I didn’t delete them. No one else uses the account. So again I’m back to the issue of, I requested a restore of lost data and have had zero reply. The thing most folks would expect is at least a reply to my request. I have been using online searches and AI to trouble shoot this and everything is pointing to garage data sync. This is what AI is suggesting as well. It’s easy to blame inexperience, but I’m telling you I’ve played GT since the first and we have been playing GT7 for a year and a half with no issues, why would my son or I purpously sabotage our progress? I’m here hoping for suggestions how to get ahold of polyphony to see if they can load an older server state for me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4940.webp
    IMG_4940.webp
    109.5 KB · Views: 11
Unfortunately there's no "official" way to contact PD. I guess your best bet is to contact Sony Interactive Entertainment support and ask them nicely to forward your request to PD if they can't provide any help themselves.

BTW: How long ago did you file the data recovery request?
 
Unfortunately there's no "official" way to contact PD. I guess your best bet is to contact Sony Interactive Entertainment support and ask them nicely to forward your request to PD if they can't provide any help themselves.

BTW: How long ago did you file the data recovery request?
Just over a week. I just have heard nothing not even a confirmation email. Thank you for your response and information.
 
Just over a week. I just have heard nothing not even a confirmation email. Thank you for your response and information.
I would give it some more time, at least one more week. It seems to be a rather rare problem (I never heard about it in my 3+ years playing GT7 and being active on this forum tbh, but I won't say it can't happen), so they may not react that fast. Good luck, hope you get your cars back!
 
I would give it some more time, at least one more week. It seems to be a rather rare problem (I never heard about it in my 3+ years playing GT7 and being active on this forum tbh, but I won't say it can't happen), so they may not react that fast. Good luck, hope you get your cars back!
Thank you for your support, this seems like a group I should have joined a while ago :) being a GT enthusiast. I have never heard of this issue either. I had issues with the game early on during a restart of the PlayStation it corrupted the files forcing me to reinstall it, but no issues since then until now. When I first saw the cars missing I figured I would just load from the cloud but nothing changed. That’s when I started troubleshooting, even reinstalled the game. Then started reading forums and went to AI for deep review and it had me trial many different things. It even suggested this forum and another one. Well I hope this will at some point get resolved. Just sucks for now I will pause playing. I will update if any resolution occurs.
 
This is what AI is suggesting as well.
AI is notorious for hallucinating and presenting the information to make it look credible, sometimes even citing fake sources. So don't trust anything AI tells you unless you can independently verify that it's true.
 
Sorry for what is happening to you.
Recently, I saw a French journalist publish his misadventure about his PSN account.
Clearly, security concerns are real.
Would you have been the subject of a pirate ?
I use GT7 with several consoles (PS4 + PS5, and now PS5 + PS5 Pro) with the cloud backup of the PSN essential. No problem in 4 years.

 
Last edited:
Sorry for what is happening to you.
Recently, I saw a French journalist publish his misadventure about his PSN account.
Clearly, security concerns are real.
Would you have been the subject of a pirate ?
I use GT7 with several consoles (PS4 + PS5, and now PS5 + PS5 Pro) with the cloud backup of the PSN essential. No problem in 4 years.


I don’t speak French, but I got the jist. I don’t know what happened or what caused it. All I know is I want to keep playing if they could just restore it.

AI is notorious for hallucinating and presenting the information to make it look credible, sometimes even citing fake sources. So don't trust anything AI tells you unless you can independently verify that it's true.
Yeah although true, I have found it to be more often closer to accurate than not. I use it a lot at work and general tasks at home. You have to use common sense when using it and varify. So I submitted the forms it recommended and seeking to gain more info on the forums (which it also recommended).
 
The subtitle translation tool works well for this kind of content.
His problem was picked up by the foreign press, so I think there are also sources in English.
I fear that the phenomenon will develop with the release of GTA6.
It seems that Sony’s customer service is not up to par.
 
I'm not sure what relevance that story about the French journalist has. He had his whole account compromised through poor information security and SIE being dense.

It has nothing to do with GT7 at all, and less to do with this particular issue.

So again I’m back to the issue of, I requested a restore of lost data and have had zero reply. The thing most folks would expect is at least a reply to my request.
All I know is I want to keep playing if they could just restore it.
Yeah, it's not going to happen. As I've said a couple of times now, that facility is - or rather was, at the relevant issue hasn't been a thing for more than three years now - for restoring corrupted profiles. Your profile is patently not corrupted, so no action will be taken.

As I recall, people who were affected didn't even get a response when their issue was fixed. One day they couldn't access anything further than the world map, next day it worked.

I have been using online searches and AI to trouble shoot this and everything is pointing to garage data sync. This is what AI is suggesting as well.
Sadly you're being led up the garden path here by an "AI" hallucination. There is no "known server entry index corruption" issue at all, and even if there were a corruption tends to affect everything, not a specific cache of garage cars only while leaving others intact.

Unless there's something else not shown in the cropped mobile phone images, this is pure and simple a case of cars being manually deleted/sold or a mistaken rollback to a old save (and a very specific old save which would have required you to buy 220 cars in under three months) on the next boot after a game/system crash while saving.

Either way, your profile is fully intact and it won't be rolled back to a previous state whether you apply through the Save Data Recovery tool (for corrupted profiles) or not because it is not corrupted.

I'd also suggest getting your child their own, different PSN profile and passcode-locking your own.
 
thanks for your input, I’ll let you know how it goes.
 
Never ceases to amuse me how people take AI query for granted, it's like believing every news article.

But yeah, sadly you'll have to accept the fact you'll have to work to get all the cars back (and maybe have a chat with your son)
 
Never ceases to amuse me how people take AI query for granted, it's like believing every news article.

But yeah, sadly you'll have to accept the fact you'll have to work to get all the cars back (and maybe have a chat with your son)
Never ceases to amaze me how people make assumptions and fail logical processing. Again thanks for your thoughts, but I know what I know and will let you know how it settles out.

For the people the keep saying me or my son deleted them or sold them… I do not think you have ever tried to discard a car in the garage
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4946.webp
    IMG_4946.webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 12
For the people the keep saying me or my son deleted them or sold them… I do not think you have ever tried to discard a car in the garage
Are you not reading the last six words on the dialogue box in your image there?
 
Are you not reading the last six words on the dialogue box in your image there?
You clearly are not interested offering helpful input move along to another thread and find something more useful to do.
 
You clearly are not interested offering helpful input move along to another thread and find something more useful to do.
That's literally all I've been doing, and it appears you don't actually want it. You want the impossible and no amount of telling you it won't happen or explanations why will suffice.

Your image tells you that you cannot discard cars "of which you only own one" - and even if you're attempting to communicate that all 220+ missing cars were unique that's unrelated entirely to what you can sell (which is in the Used Car Dealer area).

If you don't want to hear truth, why ask? Either way this turn of attitude says there's nothing more to be gained here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back