GT7 Giveaway Challenge

United States
Maryland
What’s up everyone!?

For those who don’t know me, I am a somewhat high level driver in the North American Region on GT Sport. I really specialize in short tracks like Miyabi, Horse Thief, Tsukuba, and ovals. Aside from that I’m just a fairly average A+ Driver. I have a few World Top10 Times posted in the Circuit Experience Lap Trials and some Driving School Events. I have held the World Record on BB Raceway and Blue Moon Bay at one point but sadly I’m now 2nd and 3rd I believe. However, Northern Isle seemed to be unbeatable. I held the World Record with 14.009 for almost 2 years before I decided just recently to prove it could easily be beaten if someone really wanted to push the limits of the car/track. I got on my main account and did just that. Afterwards I felt the need to do it again and again and again. It took 2 days but I have officially covered the entire Top10 World Record Board for Northern Isle with my name alone. I will be making a YouTube video soon but I’m starting the challenge here on GT Planet first for a free copy of GT7 (the Deluxe Version) when it releases for PS5. I will be giving a copy to the person that beats it and one random YouTube subscriber. If you do end up beating my new World Record, we will be in contact and I can either give you the copy of the game by mail or a PSN Code for you to purchase it yourself. Whatever your preference may be. Happy hunting everyone! Please share, subscribe to YouMayBeSeated (even though right now is just Rocket League Content, I will be doing a lot of GT content and tutorials for GT7) and recommend the challenge to high level drivers that might give it a crack and earn you a chance at a free copy of GT7. Good luck!

C4DFB10D-1A0D-4C5B-9322-6780232F56A6.jpeg

If you want my honest opinion I think 13.899 is achievable with absolute perfection.

Rule 1 - No glitches/cheating (if there is even a way)

Rule 2 - Video evidence must be provided (it can be as simple as saving the replay in game and uploading it)

Rule 3 - Have fun

Last edited:
What’s up everyone!?

For those who don’t know me, I am a somewhat high level driver in the North American Region on GT Sport. I really specialize in short tracks like Miyabi, Horse Thief, Tsukuba, and ovals. Aside from that I’m just a fairly average A+ Driver. I have a few World Top10 Times posted in the Circuit Experience Lap Trials and some Driving School Events. I have held the World Record on BB Raceway and Blue Moon Bay at one point but sadly I’m now 2nd and 3rd I believe. However, Northern Isle seemed to be unbeatable. I held the World Record with 14.009 for almost 2 years before I decided just recently to prove it could easily be beaten if someone really wanted to push the limits of the car/track. I got on my main account and did just that. Afterwards I felt the need to do it again and again and again. It took 2 days but I have officially covered the entire Top10 World Record Board for Northern Isle with my name alone. I will be making a YouTube video soon but I’m starting the challenge here on GT Planet first for a free copy of GT7 (the Deluxe Version) when it releases for PS5. I will be giving a copy to the person that beats it and one random YouTube subscriber. If you do end up beating my new World Record, we will be in contact and I can either give you the copy of the game by mail or a PSN Code for you to purchase it yourself. Whatever your preference may be. Happy hunting everyone! Please share, subscribe to YouMayBeSeated (even though right now is just Rocket League Content, I will be doing a lot of GT content and tutorials for GT7) and recommend the challenge to high level drivers that might give it a crack and earn you a chance at a free copy of GT7. Good luck!

View attachment 957493

If you want my honest opinion I think 13.899 is achievable with absolute perfection.

Rule 2 - Video evidence must be provided (it can be as simple as saving the replay in game and uploading it)

Rule 3 - Have fun
So just post the video evidence here? Is there somewhere we need to register? Sounds simple enough.

What’s up everyone!?

View attachment 957493

Rule 3 - Have fun
My best time so far after about 200 miles of practice is 14.085. I am fairly inconsistent with a controller so it's hard to say what my optimal time is but I can definitely go faster.
20200914_050252.jpg

So you made 10 separate accounts for every slot in the top ten? Doesn’t that seem a little rude/selfish to the other 9 drivers who probably worked hard to get into that top ten? If you can already get one top time, then there isn’t any challenge in filling the rest of the leaderboard, it’s just bragging and being disrespectful to the other 9 drivers. I think I’ll pass on this one. Hopefully someone reports this to PD and the leaderboard gets wiped, not cool man.

Last edited:
It's two and a half years that I've been into this so I don't remember about wall penalties etc.
I assume a legit record run needs to be contact free, right ( even if the game allows it ) ?

I've successfully resisted so far to repeat TE challenges for PD's stupid board resets ( without resetting PBs ).
I'll possibly think it over now though.

Last edited:
My best time so far after about 200 miles of practice is 14.085. I am fairly inconsistent with a controller so it's hard to say what my optimal time is but I can definitely go faster.
View attachment 957748

I recognize your name and I’m sure you will be a top contender! Good luck mate

So you made 10 separate accounts for every slot in the top ten? Doesn’t that seem a little rude/selfish to the other 9 drivers who probably worked hard to get into that top ten? If you can already get one top time, then there isn’t any challenge in filling the rest of the leaderboard, it’s just bragging and being disrespectful to the other 9 drivers. I think I’ll pass on this one. Hopefully someone reports this to PD and the leaderboard gets wiped, not cool man.

I definitely get your point of view and all I can say to that is, I’m sorry, and I feel like it isn’t a huge deal being in the last 2-3 months of the games life cycle. The game has been out for what, 3 years now? The challenge was meant to be a friendly event at the end of a games life cycle to give people the chance and incentive to grind it again and potentially win the next GT game. I apologize if I offended you or anyone for hogging the board like that.

It's two and a half years that I've been into this so I don't remember about wall penalties etc.
I assume a legit record run needs to be contact free, right ( even if the game allows it ) ?

I've successfully resisted so far to repeat TE challenges for PD's stupid board resets ( without resetting PBs ).
I'll possibly think it over now though.

The game is really strict on contact with the wall here. Also even without a penalty just scrapping the wall slows you down too much. The whole PB thing frustrates me as well but fun fact, it still updates your time on the friends board and Top10 as you improve the time. The PB is just basically an irrelevant number that you have to ignore at this point.

Good God what a challenge. :crazy:
I've been down to a 14.080 in almost no time but I'm definitely stuck now. No idea how to go quicker though I feel it's possible. Not sure whether to use 4th gear for the turns or not. Three years ago I stayed in 5th.
@MOPARbarrett5
Hey mate I see you right in front of me on my friends list - that's not funny. Why didn't you use a RAM ? :lol:
I'll be back to NIS sooner or later. :D

I've been down to a 14.080 in almost no time but I'm definitely stuck now. No idea how to go quicker though I feel it's possible. Not sure whether to use 4th gear for the turns or not. Three years ago I stayed in 5th.
@MOPARbarrett5
Hey mate I see you right in front of me on my friends list - that's not funny. Why didn't you use a RAM ? :lol:
Hopefully in GT7 I can use a RAM again. I could maybe get another 2 hundredths in the SLS but I don't see how I could get below 14 seconds flat.

@MOPARbarrett5

Hopefully in GT7 I can use a RAM again. I could maybe get another 2 hundredths in the SLS but I don't see how I could get below 14 seconds flat.

Tips...

Hug the wall to enter the start as much as you possibly can to get the most speed possible to begin.

Stay in 5th until the final turn. Dropping 4th in T1 is bad for exit speed reasons as soon as you shift up into 5th that shift is what slows you down a few hundredths.

The line in the final turn is to enter from relatively high but hug the inside as tight as you can until the exit. (It may seem slower because the exit speed is much slower than a true race line but you reach the line faster. It just wouldn’t be a viable race line unless it were the final lap.)

Good luck

Back