GT7 Gripe #247: Zero Warning for the Magic Teleport After Crash

United States
United States
When you spin out or crash, there needs to be some warning or countdown that the game is about to reset your position.

Most racing games with a magic reset feature tell you when it's about to happen, but not this one. I'm usually in the middle of turning the wheel hard in the process of trying to right myself when it instantly teleports me to the center of the track without warning. Since I have instantly gone from trying to make a U-turn to full speed in the center of a straightaway, this often causes me to immediately crash again!

There are many races in GT7 where this magic reset feature is turned on and can't be turned off.

There are two easy solutions -- just let the player know when the teleport is about to happen, or turn on auto-drive for like 2 or 3 tenths of a second after reset.

For clarification, I'm not talking about the reset that happens when you cut a corner. I'm talking about the one where you get spun around. It gives you just enough time to make you think it wants you to correct things yourself, then blips you to some unexpected location at an unexpected speed.

Last edited:
Back