GT7-GTSport Data Transfer Questions/Issues

• Thread starter jCosmos087
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
jCosmos087
I haven't yet seen a thread specific to this issue. I have the GT Auto location unlocked for customizing, but none of my gt sport data is there. Im aware i have to buy the car again to be able to use liveries. They dont show up for cars i have, and my suit and helmet liveries also didnt go through. I go to open design and they are all empty. Ive redownloaded gtsport cloud saved data to my ps4 and opened the game, opened liveries, everything's there like normal. Last thing i can think is resaving the liveries on sport after starting the gt7 profile, will update if it works. Any other ideas?

Did you share any of them publicly?

Going from this screenshot I guess not:
1658781983162.png

Thought those two liveries you should be able to open. To check go to the "open liveries" thing with any car and change to "all cars" in the top left (or right?) corner.

Last edited:
Posting them just those 2, do they only transfer if theyre shared?

And unfortunately theres no option to select which car in the open livery screen, its just empty

(Updated) the search in the top left did finally show the All option in Open liveries, it only shows the one posted from Sport so it must be that they have to be public which is pretty unnecessary in my opinion but oh well i guess

Last edited:
I cant believe theres no way to contact polyphony directly. There should be more direct ways to upload from Sport specifically. Otherwise it takes forever redoing liveries again and again

It was stated from the beginning how it would work and 95% of the people are fine with it I reckon. I personally am very grateful for being able to get my GTS work into GT7.
You can always delete the shared style in GTS again if you didn't want anyone else to use it in the old game.

It was stated from the beginning how it would work and 95% of the people are fine with it I reckon. I personally am very grateful for being able to get my GTS work into GT7.
You can always delete the shared style in GTS again if you didn't want anyone else to use it in the old game.
I appreciate it a lot man, it does work after sharing, and cool to see once they're uploaded i can take them down i think, i thought posting was permanent. But yeah its awesome now that it works although there must have been a way to do it easier from the garage itself lol. I just hope they keep Sport around for awhile for the sake of racing but gt7 does feel really good. Maybe we will race one of these days, thanks again for the help its awesome and cheers

I appreciate it a lot man, it does work after sharing, and cool to see once they're uploaded i can take them down i think, i thought posting was permanent. But yeah its awesome now that it works although there must have been a way to do it easier from the garage itself lol. I just hope they keep Sport around for awhile for the sake of racing but gt7 does feel really good. Maybe we will race one of these days, thanks again for the help its awesome and cheers
Update to note though you cant take down things once posted i had a feeling of this, you can only delete the livery from your own library and then redownload it

Edited....
They delete from both online once it processes but also from your library so be careful with that. Not sure why it cant be seperate, but thanks again at least i got it to work

Last edited:
Posting them just those 2, do they only transfer if theyre shared?

And unfortunately theres no option to select which car in the open livery screen, its just empty

(Updated) the search in the top left did finally show the All option in Open liveries, it only shows the one posted from Sport so it must be that they have to be public which is pretty unnecessary in my opinion but oh well i guess
Yes, any content you want to transfer from GTS to GT7, like decals and liveries as to be shared to community, as been this way since day one.

Also there can be liveries not working 100%, in some cases because of minor tweaks on car body in specific models.
There aren't wide bodies on GT Sport, so you can apply liveries from GT7 in cars with wide body transformation.
Be aware too that many decals may not be available anymore in the community, so the final result not to be the intended.

Thank you, another update that nuschel01 mentioned: deleting posted liveries on sport will delete the livery in your sport library also unfortunately, as well as for using on gtsport in the garage change, but they do stay on gt7 i see now, so thats cool. Cheers guys

Hey guys...my son just picked up yesterday the GT7 on PS4, and we're having a similar issue!! How can we pass all the progress - money ,cars ,licenses - from GT Sport to the GT7?!
Thanks! Cheers

Hey guys...my son just picked up yesterday the GT7 on PS4, and we're having a similar issue!! How can we pass all the progress - money ,cars ,licenses - from GT Sport to the GT7?!
Thanks! Cheers

You can't carry any of your progress over. Only liveries.

How can I pass cars from GTS to gt7? I’ve been trying to figure out since I got the game like 5 days ago
You can’t transfer cars, only publicly shared suit and car liveries (and maybe decals, I’m not sure, as I didn’t have any).

I don’t know if data is still transferable, or if they do it on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis.

@Scarli
Go to gtsport and public upload the livery of your choice, close gtsport and open gt7. Take the car you uploaded the livery, go to car customisation and then to load style, my items or collection and then apply it. Now you can go back to livery editor, create design, and then create from existing style and overwright it and now it is saved in gt7.

If you want you can go back to gtsport and delete the uploaded livery so it is only yours.
You can do it for helmet and suits but you cant custom them in gt7 due to the missing option create from exist.

Last edited:
Here's something you can do if you don't want to publicly share a design in GT Sport to transfer to GT7.

Open the livery in Sport, and then cover the entire car with a giant square. Save the livery as "for transferring" or something, and then share that livery.

GT Sport users who add that livery to their collection will only get a white car. When you import that livery in GT7, you can then edit the livery to remove that cover and apply it back onto your car.

Custom decals uploaded to GT Sport now automatically transfer to GT7 as well after a few minutes without the need for sharing them publicly.

Do note that, if you use custom decals shared by other users in a livery, the custom decals won't transfer over if the creator doesn't have GT7 (they don't have to have shared that decal publicly for it to still show up).

Hope this helps.

Here's something you can do if you don't want to publicly share a design in GT Sport to transfer to GT7.

Open the livery in Sport, and then cover the entire car with a giant square. Save the livery as "for transferring" or something, and then share that livery.

GT Sport users who add that livery to their collection will only get a white car. When you import that livery in GT7, you can then edit the livery to remove that cover and apply it back onto your car.

Custom decals uploaded to GT Sport now automatically transfer to GT7 as well after a few minutes without the need for sharing them publicly.

Do note that, if you use custom decals shared by other users in a livery, the custom decals won't transfer over if the creator doesn't have GT7 (they don't have to have shared that decal publicly for it to still show up).

Hope this helps.
I didn't know there was a way to lock Shared liveries in GTS from editing (I know you can in GT7). Couldn't someone theoretically obtain the livery in GTS, and then edit away with giant square the same way the desired user is doing?

I didn't know there was a way to lock Shared liveries in GTS from editing (I know you can in GT7). Couldn't someone theoretically obtain the livery in GTS, and then edit away with giant square the same way the desired user is doing?
Downloaded liveries are uneditable in GTS; it's a oft–requested feature that GT7 gave us :)

Back