GT7, I'm stuck, pls help

• Thread starter zizuwest
  • 19 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Hi Everyone
have GT7 for few weeks now...unlocked a few tracks and finished the races (for the unlocked tracks), finished the licences, but now i'm stuck

no new tracks are unlocking, cant join some races cos i need the right car to meet the requirements...but cant upgrade(cos no option is provided in the tuning section for particular cars)...
e.g. to join a race it says i need the right tyres, but in the tuning section, i cant chance or buy the right tyres...so what do i dO

in a nutshell, i'm stuck,...nothing new is happening,
I want to unlock more, join new races, really experience the game...but i do not know what i need to do progress

what do i need to do?
Tx

Can't be really sure of your particular problem...

First things first, you need to advance through the "Menu" ladder in Café to keep unlocking tracks. After finishing all 39 menus you should have all the tracks currently available in the game.
To unlock Sport Mode, tuning, customization, car dealers, missions and other stuff you have to progress through "levels", you progressing by the a point system based on the value of the cars you acquire (by buying our simply winning on licenses, missions and Café menus).

My guess is that your progress is only based on the points awarded by the cars you won on Licence Tests.

But is hard to be sure by your description and by the fact you are literally forced to start by the Café.

Can't be really sure of your particular problem...

First things first, you need to advance through the "Menu" ladder in Café to keep unlocking tracks. After finishing all 39 menus you should have all the tracks currently available in the game.
To unlock Sport Mode, tuning, customization, car dealers, missions and other stuff you have to progress through "levels", you progressing by the a point system based on the value of the cars you acquire (by buying our simply winning on licenses, missions and Café menus).

My guess is that your progress is only based on the points awarded by the cars you won on Licence Tests.

But is hard to be sure by your description and by the fact you are literally forced to start by the Café.
thank you! i've been neglecting the cafe.
ok, will focus on that...and see how it goes

You say that you've 'finished the races' and yet you seem to suggest you haven't unlocked all the tracks?

As above people have said, do the cafe menus

You say that you've 'finished the races' and yet you seem to suggest you haven't unlocked all the tracks?

As above people have said, do the cafe menus
i finished the races that i've unlocked
but it seems i need to focus on the Cafe
Tx

yeah, but when i go there, for a particular car it does not give me options to buy parts (yet)

from the other suggestions, i need to focus on the cafe, and progress further
tx
Yeah tuning shop and more parts from it unlock as you progress in the cafe. I mean, I guess you can progress through the tuning shop without the cafe since it depends on your collector level. So you could potentially buy a bunch of cars and get there, but that's probably inefficient. Cafe will raise your level way faster than just buying cars from the measly winnings from beginning races.

Last edited:
Yeah tuning shop and more parts from it unlock as you progress in the cafe. I mean, I guess you can progress through the tuning shop without the cafe since it depends on your collector level. So you could potentially buy a bunch of cars and get there, but that's probably inefficient. Cafe will raise your level way faster than just buying cars from the measly winnings from beginning races.
yeah...cool tx
spent more time in cafe last night...and made progress, unlocked more and moving forward.
It was not clear to me that spending more time in cafe is the secret...last i played GT was GT1, so i did not know how the game works nor was there an explanation....thats why i was stuck
but thx...i get it now
happy racing

I can't get past the 1st menu! I don't know what to do to unlock more menus in GT7
There's a yellow compass icon on the screen whenever you are doing a GT Cafe Menu. Follow it to where it points and complete the tasks.

If there isn't one yet, go to GT Cafe itself, select the next available menu, and start it. That will generate the yellow compass icon pointing you to where you need to go next.

i am also stuck.... i cant get past Menu page 3.... the Fiat 500 F '68 has not come available

i have finished all licenses in Gold... done every race available which is about 6 of them..... and have almost 35 cars

and i am up to Level 18

HELP!

i am also stuck.... i cant get past Menu page 3.... the Fiat 500 F '68 has not come available
You don't need to buy it; you will win it.

Make sure you actually start the menu book, then follow the gold compass icon to the relevant event. It will guide you to World Circuits, Europe, Autodrome Lago Maggiore, Sunday Cup Classic; place in the top three to win the car.

The event won't appear if you don't actually start the book.

You don't need to buy it; you will win it.

Make sure you actually start the menu book, then follow the gold compass icon to the relevant event. It will guide you to World Circuits, Europe, Autodrome Lago Maggiore, Sunday Cup Classic; place in the top three to win the car.

The event won't appear if you don't actually start the book.
well **** a duck! and just like that i got the tuning shop
THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone
have GT7 for few weeks now...unlocked a few tracks and finished the races (for the unlocked tracks), finished the licences, but now i'm stuck

no new tracks are unlocking, cant join some races cos i need the right car to meet the requirements...but cant upgrade(cos no option is provided in the tuning section for particular cars)...
e.g. to join a race it says i need the right tyres, but in the tuning section, i cant chance or buy the right tyres...so what do i dO

in a nutshell, i'm stuck,...nothing new is happening,
I want to unlock more, join new races, really experience the game...but i do not know what i need to do progress

what do i need to do?
Tx
There's a lot of shade being thrown on this poster, so let me quickly explain what was happening to the OP, since it just happened to me as well.

Basically, after you finish the second Cafe book, it opens up the Goodwood and Brands Hatch tracks. If you select either, there is no Sunday race that wins you the cars in the Cafe book. There is a standard race which requires a racing car with racing tires, or a sports car in the other instance. In my case, I had one of the cars in Cafe Book 3 acquired, so it was showing as filled in the book, but I hadn't yet clicked "START" on the left side. I thought I had - since it showed my acquired car on the right, but I hadn't. So it was just a bit loop of going to try to find a race car (none are available in the used car shop, all road cars) to unlock the ability to TUNE, which gives you a race car.

So for me, it wasn't inherently obvious that I hadn't clicked "START" in the Cafe Book 3, because I already had progress in the Cafe Book 3 showing... and I never would have unlocked the rest of the book until I clicked "START", so I could never have progressed.

I write this for future players who encounter the same problem to save them a lot of head-scratching.

Last edited:
There's a lot of shade being thrown on this poster, so let me quickly explain what was happening to the OP, since it just happened to me as well.

Basically, after you finish the second Cafe book, it opens up the Goodwood and Brands Hatch tracks. If you select either, there is no Sunday race that wins you the cars in the Cafe book. There is a standard race which requires a racing car with racing tires, or a sports car in the other instance. In my case, I had one of the cars in Cafe Book 3 acquired, so it was showing as filled in the book, but I hadn't yet clicked "START" on the left side. I thought I had - since it showed my acquired car on the right, but I hadn't. So it was just a bit loop of going to try to find a race car (none are available in the used car shop, all road cars) to unlock the ability to TUNE, which gives you a race car.

So for me, it wasn't inherently obvious that I hadn't clicked "START" in the Cafe Book 3, because I already had progress in the Cafe Book 3 showing... and I never would have unlocked the rest of the book until I clicked "START", so I could never have progressed.

I write this for future players who encounter the same problem to save them a lot of head-scratching.
If anyone would bother to read, it is a short answer from Apr 21, 2022

Back