GT7 Livery updates on 1 specific Porsche 917K 1970 are not being saved after exiting livery editor

• Thread starter dklman
  • 17 comments
United States
United States
I just purchased a Porsche 917 Livery from the user HIDE8300- from the available liveries available to purchase. The livery editor allows me to customize and change everything.

However, after changing the color of the body, body2, rear wing and other to different other colors and save them. Everything looks and works fine when working in the livery editor.

However, after I save the new design and exit the livery editor, the picture that is saved after existing the livery still has the old original colors of the body, body2, wing and other colors. But the tires and all decals and colors keeps all of the new changes that was made.

The old original colors of the paint is still there also when my car in the garage and in the scapes viewing. Again when I go back into the livery editor, I then see my new design car colors that I created perfectly again only while in the livery editor. I have tried everything from repainting, using different paint colors and types and re downloading the livery again and starting over again with the same results.

The only thing that I could think of was to have the original creator of the livery HIDE8300- to recreate this design and send me the now design that works or re upload a new fixed version of the design that can be properly updated with new paint colors and changes. However, I have no idea how to connect or contact the livery creator HIDE8300-

Can anyone on this forum please help me resolve this issue so that I can make and save all my designs and paint jobs for this livery??

I really love this livery and I really want to be able to make my own changes to it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I had some issues kind of similar to that with a comunity shared livery too.
In my case was a Clio RS 220 '92 Williams-Renault inspired and everytime I applied the livery, the top of the car, which was supposed to be yellow background for the "Camel" blue logos and some other stuff, always went back to black, the original paint color of my Clio.

Second try, I went to option "Create new livery based on existing" (sorry, my GT7 is in portuguese, so may not be the exact wording in english) I painted the base color to yellow, still went back to black after saving and applying the livery.
By the fourth try it wall went ok, don't know what I did different, to be honest. After that I went back to correct the colour of "Others", to kind of chrome effect and worked fine again.

I just purchased a Porsche 917 Livery from the user HIDE8300- from the available liveries available to purchase.
Is anyone else highly concerned with this? Where exactly are you purchasing liveries? Please don't tell me you paid someone for a GT7 livery.

You have to save style too.
No you don't.

Is anyone else highly concerned with this? Where exactly are you purchasing liveries? Please don't tell me you paid someone for a GT7 livery.
If the livery has special colours you have to pay for them if you don't own them yet. I suppose that's what OP is referring to.

Last edited:
No you don't.

If the livery has special colours you have to pay for them if you don't own them yet. I suppose that's what OP is referring to.
That is correct, if special colors and parts, those you have to pay for in GT7.

I tested. You have to paint whole car firts and then parts. Then it will work.
Yes, that works if you want to start from scratch and create a whole new design.

That's not what I want to do, I want to keep the same design that I purchase, I just want to change the colors of the design that I purchased and make it look the way I want to and keep the existing car livery design.

I do this with all the cars I purchase in GT7, just this specific car livery is not saving the colors that a created.

Everything looks great and perfect with the right new paint colors as long as I stay in the livery editor.

Its when I exit out of the livery editor, all the original paint colors keep going back to the original colors.

and yes, I do save all my new design colors and changes before exiting out of the livery editor.

This is why I am begging someone for support and resolution on this.

I purchase them through the normal process in car customization option then load style option, then you see all of the liveries that other users or GT7 has created. Some are free upgrades but most you have to purchase to download and use.

I think because of the custom paint, rims, tire and parts why you have to pay.

They give you a break down the cost of each part and paint cost.

I am really a newbie in GT7 and after going through all of the training 39 lessons in the cafe this was the correct to download and use other people liveries.

I know that you can use other people liveries if they make them public and give them to you via share code or invite, but I don't know any of those types of ways to request other people liveries yet.

I had some issues kind of similar to that with a comunity shared livery too.
In my case was a Clio RS 220 '92 Williams-Renault inspired and everytime I applied the livery, the top of the car, which was supposed to be yellow background for the "Camel" blue logos and some other stuff, always went back to black, the original paint color of my Clio.

Second try, I went to option "Create new livery based on existing" (sorry, my GT7 is in portuguese, so may not be the exact wording in english) I painted the base color to yellow, still went back to black after saving and applying the livery.
By the fourth try it wall went ok, don't know what I did different, to be honest. After that I went back to correct the colour of "Others", to kind of chrome effect and worked fine again.
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate you reaching out and trying to help me here.

I have tried and repeated this process many times as well and saved all of new created designs and colors and works and looks great in the livery editor all the new paint colors are 100% perfect as long as I stay in the livery editor.

However once I exit out of the livery editor, all the original colors keep coming back.

The one thing that I forgot to mention is the weird part of this problem, when I go back into the livery editor all the new designs and paint colors that I created come back 100% to the new designs and colors that I created.

The problem I think, the livery editor is actually saving all of my design colors and changes I make to my personal library but some how is not updating the GT7 servers correctly.

So in my car garage with all my cars I see this car old paint colors and same old colors while driving the car and viewing the car in scapes.

But when I go back into the livery editor, I can see the car design and paint colors that I created and its 100% correct the way it should look.

Then exit out of the livery editor, then again, I lose all of the new design paint colors.

You have to save style too.
I am saving all of the design changes and paint colors before exiting out of the livery editor

You have to paint the whole car, select livery editor the last option on painting. You don't loose the decals. But you have the paint different parts again.

Last edited:
That is correct, if special colors and parts, those you have to pay for in GT7.

Yes, that works if you want to start from scratch and create a whole new design.

That's not what I want to do, I want to keep the same design that I purchase, I just want to change the colors of the design that I purchased and make it look the way I want to and keep the existing car livery design.

I do this with all the cars I purchase in GT7, just this specific car livery is not saving the colors that a created.

Everything looks great and perfect with the right new paint colors as long as I stay in the livery editor.

Its when I exit out of the livery editor, all the original paint colors keep going back to the original colors.

and yes, I do save all my new design colors and changes before exiting out of the livery editor.

This is why I am begging someone for support and resolution on this.

I purchase them through the normal process in car customization option then load style option, then you see all of the liveries that other users or GT7 has created. Some are free upgrades but most you have to purchase to download and use.

I think because of the custom paint, rims, tire and parts why you have to pay.

They give you a break down the cost of each part and paint cost.

I am really a newbie in GT7 and after going through all of the training 39 lessons in the cafe this was the correct to download and use other people liveries.

I know that you can use other people liveries if they make them public and give them to you via share code or invite, but I don't know any of those types of ways to request other people liveries yet.
Just to clarify for everyone....you have to pay for parts or paints that you do not already own.

Got a link to the livery in question?
How do I get a link to the livery?

I can send you the picture of that specific livery here from the load style and search content option in car customization

However, you have the porsche 917k car to download and use that specific livery.

Attachments

• 917k-livery.jpg
    917k-livery.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
However, you have the porsche 917k car to download and use that specific livery.
You should've stumbled over nine 917K liveries made by me when looking up one :lol:

I'll have a look at this one and see what happens when I mess around with car and decal colours later.

Last edited:
correction, in
You should've stumbled over nine 917K liveries made by me when looking up one :lol:

I'll have a look at this one and see what happens when I mess around with car and decal colours later.
Please send me the links or pics of the 9 liveries that you created I would love to see them.

Also, I don't know if I made this clear, the decals colors, tires and other parts all work and save just fine.

It is the paint colors to the body, body2, wing and other that is not being saved after existing out of the livery editor.

Then when I go back into the livery editor I can see 100% of the new design and colors that I created. Then when I exit out of the livery editor then old colors come back again.

That's the real problem here.

Thanks again for response and I really appreciate all of your help on this with me.

I really hope that you can help me resolve this issue for me.

I will gladly purchase a couple of your 917K liveries design from you for all of your help on this.

They're all linked in my gallery in my signature. Sadly I don't get any money of potential special parts you need to buy to use them.

I'll report back when I checked what the livery does on my game.

Same results for me, works fine.
I suspect your internet connection is throwing a fit then, try to connect the PS differently and see what happens.

@dklman did u watch the video i made?

Yes, I did!!! You are the man!!! Thankyou!!! Thankyou!!!

I followed your video instructions precisely and everything worked perfectly and saved correctly with all new colors.

I really appreciate all of your help here and you solve all my problems and responded very responsively to help request for help.

I don't even know your name, but I just fell in Love with you!!!

Thanks again, you just got a new follower.

Same results for me, works fine.
I suspect your internet connection is throwing a fit then, try to connect the PS differently and see what happens.
Thx for your support here. The user Opelman sent a video on his method for this and that solved my problem. Now everything is saved correctly and working.

The only thing I did differently, but I do this to all the cars that I redesign and paint is that I select to change each car part color seperatley the body, body2 wing and other.

This time after following Opelman video he made, I did not select and change each individual car part to paint, I selected paint all this time and it worked and saved the correct way now.

Thanks again for all your help and responsive support help with me on this.

What is your signature so that I can go look and your 917K liveries?

Latest Posts

Back