GT7 missions

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 17 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
foxdylan
Had my 1st bash at missions , figured they would be easy enough ... oddly I'm stumped at the slip streaming. Surely simple tuck in behind car in front and job done but I'm starting to far back it feels to get any drag to even achieve bronze !!! Tried MT and AT .... what am I doing wrong?

Any other tips for other missions that you have tackled ?

Had my 1st bash at missions , figured they would be easy enough ... oddly I'm stumped at the slip streaming. Surely simple tuck in behind car in front and job done but I'm starting to far back it feels to get any drag to even achieve bronze !!! Tried MT and AT .... what am I doing wrong?

Any other tips for other missions that you have tackled ?
I can't get gold on the Mazda Slipstream mission for the life of me. Anyone out there with some tips?

I can't get gold on the Mazda Slipstream mission for the life of me. Anyone out there with some tips?
interested too, I managed to get 249km/h but most of the time I end up at 248km/h (gold target : 250km/h)

They were the easiest ones for me. Got gold first try on all of them. Drive smooth and move out from the slip stream as late as possible while being smooth.

Oddly enough, you have to get behind the last car a bit later so that you can benefit from the last tow long enough. So you have to go slightly slower at start by getting out of the slipstream of the earlier cars a bit earlier.
I got stuck at 249 for some time, then made 251 as above.

They were the easiest ones for me. Got gold first try on all of them. Drive smooth and move out from the slip stream as late as possible while being smooth.
that's what I think I am doing so...

Wow the rally event with the audi s1 is so frustrating. Rally is so messed up.

Also I'm stuck too at 248kmh with the Mazda fc.

Last edited:
I use TC at 3 and all other driving aids off. Maybe try pulling out of the slip stream and lining up the next car earlier.
I think Boxster maybe in the right, if you take the slipstream of last car too soon or too fast, you won't have enough time behind him and you have to pass him while he had still something to offer.

I am not using any aids except TC, I'll check the value.

I know on mine .... turned out one of my controlers is actually broken and the trigger don't go all down 🙈🙈🙈 wasnt till I stopped did I get it doh

Last edited:
Oddly enough, you have to get behind the last car a bit later so that you can benefit from the last tow long enough. So you have to go slightly slower at start by getting out of the slipstream of the earlier cars a bit earlier.
I got stuck at 249 for some time, then made 251 as above.
I discovered this and got gold. I just shift a bit early than optimal to 5th.

Wow the rally event with the audi s1 is so frustrating. Rally is so messed up.

Also I'm stuck too at 248kmh with the Mazda fc.
Holy crap, this! The hit boxes are absurd, and I keep getting disqualified from the truck hitting me from behind!

A sneaky trick that I've just read from gt how to finish this task, it's all about the wind, if the arrow is pointing to the left you won't win gold exit the game cause it resets the wind etc and if the arrow points to the right then now is your chance good luck hope this helps 👍

I'm quite annoyed by the 24 Minutes of Le Mans because the only car I have that can win it is the Red Bull X which I don't want to use. The Super Formula could easily win...if it had headlights, and we can't modify cars with rally-style headlights which is a genius idea frankly. So this basically means I'm forced to spend millions on an actual car that the game never gifted me. Fortunately for me my internet has been rock solid today so my Bee Spucc Bub has been very productive the past couple hours.

Try with the Ideal Race Line... +Braking Zones, maybe you can Drive without Lights.
Damn you're an absolute genius lol. That might be the trick. Even with the 917 Living Legend I had to crank the EV and TV brightness all the way up because the headlights aren't worth a damn. Hmm. The aids kinda feel like cheating but that might be necessary.

I discovered this and got gold. I just shift a bit early than optimal to 5th.

Holy crap, this! The hit boxes are absurd, and I keep getting disqualified from the truck hitting me from behind!
Took me a while too, but I found if you are really patient with the F150 it’s actually pretty easy! I was worried initially when I hadn’t passed in the first few corners, but decided I’d just bronze it to get it out the way so waited patiently behind for a good 5 or 6 corners and low and behold, went on to gold it!

I'm generally stumped on the missions after the first set, I've been spending hours just trying to complete them much less trying for gold right away...the cones are killing me, and the fuel fast lap with the old Skyline

A sneaky trick that I've just read from gt how to finish this task, it's all about the wind, if the arrow is pointing to the left you won't win gold exit the game cause it resets the wind etc and if the arrow points to the right then now is your chance good luck hope this helps 👍
Pretty sure wind's been disabled now for the slipstream missions in a sneaky update. Probably the same one that fixed the interesting tire choices.

If you try the events now, you'll see the wind speed reads 0.

But yes, for the Mazda one in Tokyo, you have to actually ease off a little before you get to the final car to get a longer tow. If you're do it "properly", you'll just run into the back of him before the finish line.

Back