GT7. New and very pleasant grind method.

Portugal
Porto
Burnout_PT
So, I was going about the usual tricks on making money, and I found that basically there are thresholds based on PP that determine the prize money, and that the PP rating you ENTER the race is what counts, so you can have 2 different setups and "cheat" by actually racing the faster one. And you can still race the neutered Dodge Tomahawk.

So, max prizes come with <200pp

After a few tests, I found that the Honda S660 can be fully upgraded (with permanent upgrades like pistons, crank etc) then remove the bolt-on upgrades, max out ballast, power output limit and restriction limit, as weel as comfort hard tyres and max aero and it'll be bellow that limit. Just DO NOT ENGINE SWAP!

And that's the sweet spot. Sub 200pp with permanent upgrades.

1705079365843.png
1705079394240.png

After you enter the race, just fit racing softs, remove restrictions and aero, bolt-on max upgrades, set top speed to 360, Nitro do 100% check iy's around 593pp and go!

The beauty of this is that you can buy the car new, it's available 100% of the time, and there's no setup needed, it drives beautifuly!

1705079425562.png

As for the race, nitro runs out at 7 laps so I do a 7 lapper, against the neutered Tommys set to max 200kph.
(edit: forgot about boost multiplier on race setup, so you can do 14 laps)

Result is 174.000 (with clean race bonus) for 5m 20s races (44s laps). Which adds up to 544cr per second or 32.625cr /minute or 1.957.500cr /hour.

1705079459588.png
1705079475668.png

You may also want to try the Autobianchi A112 Abarth or the '08 Fiat 500 for 5 laps (not able to max upgrade though) or the Capuccino for 10 laps.
Edit: that's 10 and 20 laps with boost multiplier.

1705079512027.png
1705079527027.png

I have plans to check also the Mini (without engine upgrade) and the Honda Fit (also no engine swap).

Don't try old cars with small tyres, I did the Toyota Sports 80 and the Honda S800 and they spun way too easily.

Hope you enjoy it and that at least this brings some variety to your daily grinding for credits.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Imagine being the clown who designed the Tomahawk and seeing it be used exclusively in a neutered fashion to boost peoples’ grinding.
I wouldn’t call the designers clowns.
The design and SRT engineering departments came together for the SRT Tomahawk, in order to develop the best possible driving experience for Gran Turismo users.

Look like they were very forward thinking, in providing a car nearly nine years later, that would give users the best possible way to earn credits, in a broken(but purposely) designed credit earning system.

The K20-swapped Beat has been able to do this in a more efficient manner ever since the great Abarth grind got patched. I haven't brought much attention to it, though, because we all know PD is watching for new exploits like a hawk...
I have 2, both engine swapped and couldn’t get them below 200pp. That’s another one I’m waiting to buy used and start the neuter+upgrade over so it stays under 200pp.

That and do some sub 300 (lower prize) but much faster builds and see how the cr per hour math works out.

The K20-swapped Beat has been able to do this in a more efficient manner ever since the great Abarth grind got patched. I haven't brought much attention to it, though, because we all know PD is watching for new exploits like a hawk...
yeah but might as well get them in while we can right?

I have 2, both engine swapped and couldn’t get them below 200pp. That’s another one I’m waiting to buy used and start the neuter+upgrade over so it stays under 200pp.

That and do some sub 300 (lower prize) but much faster builds and see how the cr per hour math works out.
So Im new to gt7 and only been playign a month or so. Ive been grinding my arse off at sardegna. Ive seen older videos on this but nothing with 1.41 and im leary about wasting money on something thats been patched or wont give as much credits as sardegna. I do like the idea of running shorter races.

So you have to own both the 660 and the tomahawk x vgt to do this?

So are you saying that you select the race that you want to do, then when it accepts your car and you see the track you select settings then go to a maxed setup? Is there a decent current video on this as ive seen so many that you look and the comments say its been patched out.

I dont mind actually doing the race vs rubber banding, im just trying to find the most efficient use of my time as I try to progress.

So Im new to gt7 and only been playign a month or so. Ive been grinding my arse off at sardegna. Ive seen older videos on this but nothing with 1.41 and im leary about wasting money on something thats been patched or wont give as much credits as sardegna. I do like the idea of running shorter races.

So you have to own both the 660 and the tomahawk x vgt to do this?

So are you saying that you select the race that you want to do, then when it accepts your car and you see the track you select settings then go to a maxed setup? Is there a decent current video on this as ive seen so many that you look and the comments say its been patched out.

I dont mind actually doing the race vs rubber banding, im just trying to find the most efficient use of my time as I try to progress.
You need a "tommy" (Dodge Tomahawk X-VGT) and racing transmission to limit it to 200kph.

Then buy ONE Honda S660, ballast, racing computer, intake restrictor and comfort hard tyres to limit it, but you can also make the permanent upgrades (bore up, stroke up etc) and weight reduction.
1705145121493.png

Then limit power, intake and up the ballast to get it to sub 200pp (comfort tyres too). Save setup as "Minimum".

Make a new setup sheet (no limitations + those non removable upgrades) and go buy everything else to max it out, set max speed 360kph, name it "MAX".

Change to "Minimum" and enter custom race at Daytona.
Select all the options the make the prize money go up, put the tommy as all the oponents, max the boost multiplier, and space them up to 50m too (easier to pass them), set it for 14 laps, save the setup and "Start Race".
Select "car settings" and change from Minimum to MAX.

You'll make your money back in no time.

I use it so I can make a change from SARDEGNA (just changing cars isn't enough) and because sometimes you don't need 700k for the nex car on your buy list, you can use this to get it faster.

It's also fun to explore these options instead of "eating sardines" all the time...

The K20 swapped Beat can't get under 200pp. Only under 300pp with aero and ballast.

1705146377074.png

Funny enough, if you use Power Restrictor the PP rises slighly, same thing with ECU output... :crazy:

1705146430464.png
1705146443027.png

Now gonna try it with max bolt-ons and the fully upgraded (sub 400pp min) too and see the credits per hour ratio... it keeps me busy!

Last edited:
You need a "tommy" (Dodge Tomahawk X-VGT) and racing transmission to limit it to 200kph.

Then buy ONE Honda S660, ballast, racing computer, intake restrictor and comfort hard tyres to limit it, but you can also make the permanent upgrades (bore up, stroke up etc) and weight reduction. View attachment 1318836

Then limit power, intake and up the ballast to get it to sub 200pp (comfort tyres too). Save setup as "Minimum".

Make a new setup sheet (no limitations + those non removable upgrades) and go buy everything else to max it out, set max speed 360kph, name it "MAX".

Change to "Minimum" and enter custom race at Daytona.
Select all the options the make the prize money go up, put the tommy as all the oponents, max the boost multiplier, and space them up to 50m too (easier to pass them), set it for 14 laps, save the setup and "Start Race".
Select "car settings" and change from Minimum to MAX.

You'll make your money back in no time.

I use it so I can make a change from SARDEGNA (just changing cars isn't enough) and because sometimes you don't need 700k for the nex car on your buy list, you can use this to get it faster.

It's also fun to explore these options instead of "eating sardines" all the time...

The K20 swapped Beat can't get under 200pp. Only under 300pp with aero and ballast.

View attachment 1318837

Funny enough, if you use Power Restrictor the PP rises slighly, same thing with ECU output... :crazy:

View attachment 1318838View attachment 1318839

Now gonna try it with max bolt-ons and the fully upgraded (sub 400pp min) too and see the credits per hour ratio... it keeps me busy!
thank you I appreciate it. Ive been grinding sargegna to the point i can race it blindfolded lol. If this gets us more credits per hour im in. especially if I can do it in shorter stretches between playing other games.

I tried setting up the race, but I only got it to 99,400. I tried the circuit experience before but it starts on the road course which kicks my butt and I gave up. Do I have to have gold for that to increase the payout here to make it worthwhile?

Also I'm trying to figure out how to have the tomahawk ai to use the setup to limit them. So far when I start the race they take off like bats out of hell and I lose sight of them.

Last edited:
The Beat is very hard to setup/drive even wall riding and using tcs.
A 7 lapper, IF - and it's a big if - you do all 39s laps and a clean race will net you 149.100cr
That's 1.883.368 an hour.

I think you can do around 10 laps with the boost, so if you can set it up to your liiking, go for it and it'll be close to 2M an hour.

But I do NOT wall ride or use driving aids, so the S660 or the A112 are still kings for me.

Sub-300 is fine for the Beat, it's so much faster than anything else that it cancels out the reduced payout.

Sub-300 is fine for the Beat, it's so much faster than anything else that it cancels out the reduced payout.
True. Payout for 10 laps (optimizing boost) is more or less 1,9M an hour:
-> 9 laps at 39s + a first lap of 46s thats 397s a run.
-> 213.000cr / 397s = 536cr per second or 32191/minute or 1.931.486/hour.
Provided you do all 39s and survive all 10 clean laps for the bonus.

But the main point for me with the S660 is never even coming close to hiting a wall or anything else. Much more rewarding than pinballing off the wall every couple of corners. Especially if you use a wheel like I do. And I get 1.987.714 per hour with the S660 in a 14 lap run. Thats 10m of easy work each run.

True. Payout for 10 laps (optimizing boost) is more or less 1,9M an hour:
-> 9 laps at 39s + a first lap of 46s thats 397s a run.
-> 213.000cr / 397s = 536cr per second or 32191/minute or 1.931.486/hour.
Provided you do all 39s and survive all 10 clean laps for the bonus.

But the main point for me with the S660 is never even coming close to hiting a wall or anything else. Much more rewarding than pinballing off the wall every couple of corners. Especially if you use a wheel like I do. And I get 1.987.714 per hour with the S660 in a 14 lap run. Thats 10m of easy work each run.
Try out this tune for the Beat and you shouldn't have any problems.

1705152495218.jpeg

1705152504348.jpeg

1705152510555.jpeg

thank you for this discussion. Im going back to daytona with the hopes of getting a gold license. I know I struggled with it before and gave up on it. Using a manual transmission with a controller is so weird for me compared to when I had a wheel. Especially when Im grinding and tired as it adds another aspect to frustrate me. There have been times ive been grinding and so tired I could barely see sardegna and was pinballing all over the place.

thank you for this discussion. Im going back to daytona with the hopes of getting a gold license. I know I struggled with it before and gave up on it. Using a manual transmission with a controller is so weird for me compared to when I had a wheel. Especially when Im grinding and tired as it adds another aspect to frustrate me. There have been times ive been grinding and so tired I could barely see sardegna and was pinballing all over the place.
Ah the good times of pressure sensitive buttons… X for gas, arrows for steering and triggers to bang gears.

I can’t steer with a thumb. And do gears with the other… or drive auto.

Ah the good times of pressure sensitive buttons… X for gas, arrows for steering and triggers to bang gears.

I can’t steer with a thumb. And do gears with the other… or drive auto.
Yep its so foreign and trying to get everything to work at the correct times is so frustrating. I about tossed my controller through the wall a few times trying to do the daytona circuit experience. However these controllers are too spendy to do that with lol. Ill try again when im fresh. Its sad as I have done racing games in the past with a week and paddle shifters and preferred manual transmissions. Its beyond frustrating that I have to have gold standing there in order to get the best payouts.

Though this does have me curious if sardegna will pay out more if I at least get bronze there. Right now with crb I get 724k. It would be interesting to see if it would payout more with a bronze license or even gold. Though there's a few corners that frustrate me there and I cant consistently hit them properly especially when tire.

Yep its so foreign and trying to get everything to work at the correct times is so frustrating. I about tossed my controller through the wall a few times trying to do the daytona circuit experience. However these controllers are too spendy to do that with lol. Ill try again when im fresh. Its sad as I have done racing games in the past with a week and paddle shifters and preferred manual transmissions. Its beyond frustrating that I have to have gold standing there in order to get the best payouts.

Though this does have me curious if sardegna will pay out more if I at least get bronze there. Right now with crb I get 724k. It would be interesting to see if it would payout more with a bronze license or even gold. Though there's a few corners that frustrate me there and I cant consistently hit them properly especially when tire.
No, the fixed race payout doesn't change. I thinks it's 727,500cr every 24m and bit with the CLK-GTR.

Audi RS 5 can do quick laps and costs a little bit less. ;) I think I just detuned to 92%. FM1 for 8 or 9 laps and put fresh RMs on.
Couple hiccups with the AI. Ran the High turbo again. Knocked 10 seconds off that last run. I think a 23:59 is doable with the RS5… probably not by me though. :lol: ;)
View attachment 1245935

Driving the wheels off it now that I can get consistent 34s from Lap 5. Lapped traffic at corner exits
View attachment 1245936

Edit: Last one for the night… err, Morning(Midnight here). Right rear was goooone. Lost 1.5 seconds on that last lap.
View attachment 1245965

The Beat can do 37s laps but I can't get it clean, so it's no fun for me personally.

My best cars for this grind (with a wheel) are:

- A112: 10 laps 248.440cr in 7m 40s
(1.944.000cr an hour in theory)
- S660: 14 laps 347.850cr in 10m30s
(1.988.000cr hour in theory)
- Copen: 15 laps 372.600cr in 11m30
(1.944.000cr an hour in theory)

For more cash in one go, Sardegna.
727.000cr in under 25m (around: 1.750.000 cr an hour) in the CLK/RB28 etc

On your CE, learn to take the bus stop at full throttle. You can cut the curbs here to an extent and you can cut down past parts of the foul line on your left. Don't go too far to the right or you be Found On Road Dead amongst the pieces of the GT.
I prefer a nice bubble bath because eating sardines might add to my middle age, slightly overweight physique. For that reason I've run the 1 hour Spa race to grind for about a year, Sardegna before that. It paid off today.
On Sardegna the critical parts are turn 5, where you need to enter on the left instead of the right coming out of T4, and later on the west side of the track, watch your insertion point for that tricky left handed that'll send you into the wall. After exiting the K left off the back straight, move over to the left and put the car almost into the outside wall upon eciting that right hander. Done correctly you can ignore the braking zone and floor it through the tricky left hand turn all the way to the final K left.
Really both tracks are about learning how far you can push your grip, but I think that's the general idea of most racing games anyway. Gran Turismo doesn't seem to reward this as much, to properly enjoy Gran Turismo 7, stop racing and just drive the car.

Anyone know why the difficulty level will only go up to 2/3 Professional for me? I have a grid of 20, 1300+ Tomawhawks vs my Honda S660 at 180pp at position 20….not seeing any other settings I could change under difficulty

Last edited:
Back