GT7 on PS5 unstable since the 120FPS/VRR update

• Thread starter lzap
  • 12 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hello,

since the GT7 VRR update, my PS5 often crash on race loading. This is super annoying, it is a full PS5 freeze with cold restart and game database rebuild. The crash error code is CE-108262-9, some sort of "generic error". This only happens in GT7.

I have the 120FPS setting on with VRR on HDR LG TV and the game is installed on internal SSD (certified Samsung) but tried also from the internal SSD.

Anyone experience the same? Any known workarounds?

Can someone help me contacting Polyphony with this? I cannot find any resources except: https://www.polyphony.co.jp/contact/

Of course I am on the latest PS update, you could not even log into GT7 on old firmware these days I think.

Will try to disable VRR and 120FPS.

I have WD NVMe 1TB, I swapped the SSD with my other PS5 SSD which is Samsung. Let’s see if that causes the issue.

The one that is causing issues is by the way Western Digital Black SN850 1TB (P/N WDS100T1X0E) variant without heatsink (WD no longer sells these), I do have a big heatsink on (bigger than the original one actually).

I've had graphical stuttering and several issues with syncing save files since the update that brought Road Atlanta. There's no reason to need to load my save file from the cloud. Have the system phone home once per day and compare any save files that were accessed, or just trust me not to hack them.
The graphical stuttering is getting to the point of inexcusable. I'm not running anything fancy, just a small 19 inch diagonal wide screen with modest graphics settings. I don't need the best details when I'm happy to run any game from Yars' Revenge on the 2600 to anything on my 360, PS5, or a turn of the century gaming PC, though having a nice visual baseline helps any game from The Activision Enduro to GT7.
I do expect the graphics to work though.

Just for the record, try moving GT7 on the internal SSD if you have NVMe. This resolved the issue for me and others, the root cause was NVMe WD SN850 which was either faulty or there was a firmware problem. I upgraded firmware and so far so good so crossing my fingers. To upgrade firmware on NVMe you need a PC with Windows and a free M2 slot.

Just for the record, try moving GT7 on the internal SSD if you have NVMe. This resolved the issue for me and others, the root cause was NVMe WD SN850 which was either faulty or there was a firmware problem. I upgraded firmware and so far so good so crossing my fingers. To upgrade firmware on NVMe you need a PC with Windows and a free M2 slot.
Yeah , that's the downside of NVMes especially for the early Gen 4 ones like WD SN850 or Samsung 980 Pro
those need firmwares since they are older and came out before PS5 or early after the launch

that's why it's better to buy a newer made NVMe which shouln't have a issue with PS5

Last edited:
Back