GT7 Online Time Trial/Lap Time Challenge Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 48,445 comments
  • 5,263,783 views
Took a quick look at the new Lap time TT's..
Awkward Homer Simpson GIF by fwogs
 
Small improvement in the Lexus. I still think I can grab a top 100 out of this. Close to moving on as it's tougher to get that last few tenths when there are two more TTs to do now and St Croix has me dreading it. I like the X2019 but the reverse layout has me jacked. Looking forward to Road Atlanta though.

1000011636.webp
 
Holy Christ that Lexus is garbage to drive. I've got more time in it, but a 1:54.499 was all I could do tonight without throwing my racing wheel and stand clear across the room. Absolutely unpleasant as all hell.
 
But how will you improve with them if you don't try? What's to lose? Granted, it takes time to adjust to those speeds, but hell, it's fun and frustrating. 🤣
I have maybe 1,5hours - 2 tops a week that I can play. I chose to enjoy myself, not to infuriate myself 🤣
Also I rarely drive Gr.1 or Gr.2, except in the weekly challenges, so high downforce cars is not my strong point. 🤷‍♂️
 
Pad lap at St. Croix, not challenging the top times but it's as good as I'll get it


I don't understand how you get the car to turn in the bumpy corners before and after the bridge. My car just doesn't respond and just want to go straight into the walls. I'm 0.5 off gold and I don't know how to improve. I was usually easily into gold before the new physics, but now... or maybe it's just because the ghosts are completly bugged after the update.
 
I don't understand how you get the car to turn in the bumpy corners before and after the bridge. My car just doesn't respond and just want to go straight into the walls. I'm 0.5 off gold and I don't know how to improve. I was usually easily into gold before the new physics, but now... or maybe it's just because the ghosts are completly bugged after the update.
Turn in earlier than normal, go down to 2nd gear and use throttle to bring the car round
Exiting the bridge it felt like having the wheel on the inside kerb helped but it's a small margin for error
 
Holy Christ that Lexus is garbage to drive. I've got more time in it, but a 1:54.499 was all I could do tonight without throwing my racing wheel and stand clear across the room. Absolutely unpleasant as all hell.
🤣 I said the same thing, and it 'was' horrid! Keep at it, you will find what it likes. Weight transfer is a big factor I found out, learn to use it the way this one likes it, but the back end will still be loose. Wheelspin in 3rd can be used to rotate as well.
I did the wide tires and 21" CSA strong and default ABS.
I have maybe 1,5hours - 2 tops a week that I can play. I chose to enjoy myself, not to infuriate myself 🤣
Also I rarely drive Gr.1 or Gr.2, except in the weekly challenges, so high downforce cars is not my strong point. 🤷‍♂️
I can understand that, it is about having fun. I would still encourage a try, never know, you may end up liking them. :)
 
Wow. Wow. Wow wow wow.

What a FRUSTRATING time trial in the redbull.

It took me forever just to understand the first corner.

And I also had this bug with Tidgney’s ghost. Really frustrating. Really really frustrating because sometimes it appears behind you, sometimes inside you or just in front and I can’t even see clearly the track. To fix it I had to set the ghost to a 0.3s instead of 0.2s. Doing this the bug still happens but rarely. Thanks to Tigdney’s and Calster’s tutos. 🙏

Then, I managed a 1.36.700. After a while. Then SO MANY laps that made me want to brake everything in the room. 🤯🤯😂😂

Like one lap, I was 0.370s ahead pf my time at the begining of the last straight, to the finishe line. Then I shifted from 5 to 7, missing the 6. 🤯🤯 I improved my time with a 1.36.520. But it could have been a low 1.36.4XX. FRU-STRA-TING.

Another lap, I was 0.200s ahead, in the straight just after the bridge and I accidentaly downshifted from 5 to 4 instead of 6. 🫪🫪

But I felt like I had something, haha ! So, more laps and I got 1.36.330. Then 1.36.260. And finally 1.36.164. Wis still a big mistake, going from a 3rd ton 2nd gear (never have to go to 2nd gear in this combo...) after the bridge and hitting the rev limiter for a tiny bit of time.🥵🥵

Fuuuuuu !! And I am still +2.45% 😂😂😂

That will be all for me. Quite happy with that, but it takes me so much time to set a right time... 🥱

Good luck guys !
 
Last edited:
Watching the top times' replays in the Red Bull is hilarious. The rapid massive steering inputs, the resultant immediacy of the turn-in and the huge amount of grip available, the seemingly unbreakable traction. I wonder what that must be like.
I cannot even get close to the cornering speeds in the relatively straightforward first and last corners. The uphill left I am almost 20mph down and a similar amount at the left hander off the bridge, getting on and off which means rolling the dice on the RNG bumps. I lose two seconds across sectors 3 and 4 alone. Long week ahead.
 
Managed a slowish bronzey time on ST.Croix Reverse, its a tricky one this, but once you get rhythm gold is acheivable, but not for me today, those barriers be comign at you fast despite following Tidgneys very rapid ghost!! lol :D:lol:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20260926203054.webp
 
Last edited:
Got a short session in last night with the X2019. This track in reverse has some tricky spots for sure. Doing some struggling right now but let's see how it goes later in my next session. I do enjoy this car, but having to learn a reverse layout is slowing me down. And that stupid bump at the end of the bridge. :banghead:

1000011644.webp
 
Last edited:
Did some more laps, found out PD once again messed with the manual transmission shifts. Now, you cannot upshift unless the throttle is engaged. Uhhhgggg. Watched the top player videos they adapted, so just have to change up. Throttle and shift at the same time.
Anyways....this one is tough. 😂 I did have .278 lead on the best lap, but lost it and went back .150 and then gained the .150 back to get this lap. That lap was 1:36.557 😂


1000011646.webp
 
Did some more laps, found out PD once again messed with the manual transmission shifts. Now, you cannot upshift unless the throttle is engaged. Uhhhgggg. Watched the top player videos they adapted, so just have to change up. Throttle and shift at the same time.
Anyways....this one is tough. 😂 I did have .278 lead on the best lap, but lost it and went back .150 and then gained the .150 back to get this lap. That lap was 1:36.557 😂


View attachment 1567888
I was doing one of the Red Bull Extra Menu races and found out exactly that...why can't they stop breaking functions in the game???

They can fix the ghost reset any time now. It works okay at Dragon Trail, but it's still screwed up.

Speaking off that hell hole in the bouncy car, I got myself down into the 1:53s thankfully, with a 1:53.770 (optimum of a .644), and this may actually be a time where I just leave it at that. We leave for vacation (again) on Wednesday, and since they gave us two more TTs that end next Thursday, I need to start both of those.

Worth mentioning: I handwashed both DDs for the first time this year, so my body is broken, and apparently that also translates to positive TT experiences, like mowing the lawn. 😆
 
I can understand that, it is about having fun. I would still encourage a try, never know, you may end up liking them. :)
Oh I like them... I'm just bad at them 🤣
Gave Road Atlanta a quick try, ended up at a 1:11.3xx so if I want gold I've got some work to do...

Then did some 10 laps with the Lexus at Dragon Trail. Last chicane is a problem. I see Holl's ghost disapear on the exit... I think he gains half a second on me in those 2 corners alone...
Did manage gold with a 1:55.669
Think I can improve to a 55.3xx 🤞
 
I woke up, start GT7 and this awaits me:

1a0e7090a8429-screenshotUrl.webp


3 damn thousands out of gold!
Japanese didn't have peace until he didn't break holl01!

Did 165km but didn't make it...
At least 4 ⭐ ticket gave me 500k
 
For the life of me after almost a thousand hours of GT7 I still can't do the blind apexes of Road Atlanta. With this car even less. After 2 sessions not even in silver.

Any secret to especially the first slight left into slow right at the beginning? Any references for breaking and turning would be highly appreciated.
 
I woke up, start GT7 and this awaits me:

View attachment 1567920

3 damn thousands out of gold!
Japanese didn't have peace until he didn't break holl01!

Did 165km but didn't make it...
At least 4 ⭐ ticket gave me 500k
I have peace, knowing that everyone's largely moved on from that TT. Weather they've gotten gold or not, my ghost was there to serve the minions for the first 11 days🙂.
 
I have peace, knowing that everyone's largely moved on from that TT. Weather they've gotten gold or not, my ghost was there to serve the minions for the first 11 days🙂.
It definitely served me, even though I still have no idea what kind of black magic you used in S2 and S3. Thanks a lot! ;)
Happy So Excited GIF
 
Back