GT7 Please Fix exaggerated grip loss, feels arcadey

• Thread starter jCosmos087
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
jCosmos087
I know im not the only one that feels the inability to correct when you lose barely any grip at all is way exaggerated and unrealistic. Im afraid they'll go too much in the wrong direction trying to fix it though, as gtSport is way too grippy and easy. They both have great potential and overall are great but these little things are hella frustrating and almost make gt7 unplayable. You cant hardly drive on the dirt either, the crash physics are too much, you cant even slow and stop the car before it spins out. The challenge is fun but its inconsistent and just too exaggerated

Ever since 2020f1 new race sims after have had this similar throttle issue

I know im not the only one that feels the inability to correct when you lose barely any grip at all is way exaggerated and unrealistic. Im afraid they'll go too much in the wrong direction trying to fix it though, as gtSport is way too grippy and easy. They both have great potential and overall are great but these little things are hella frustrating and almost make gt7 unplayable. You cant hardly drive on the dirt either, the crash physics are too much, you cant even slow and stop the car before it spins out. The challenge is fun but its inconsistent and just too exaggerated

Ever since 2020f1 new race sims after have had this similar throttle issue
One thing I’ve noticed about GT7 is that it will punish you for turning and braking at the same time. I find I need to be off the brakes at turn in to get tha car properly planted. I think the physics in Sport are a bit more flattering and make trail braking much easier.

One thing I’ve noticed about GT7 is that it will punish you for turning and braking at the same time. I find I need to be off the brakes at turn in to get tha car properly planted. I think the physics in Sport are a bit more flattering and make trail braking much easier.
Its proportional. Turning to Braking so many times people steer too much while braking and that is mainly where the grip loss happens. Also track awareness at times many times ive suddenly lost grip was because My Tires hit some dirt, its pretty immediate so I see where some have issues. Gotta check replays at times and most of the time to me its explainable.

Leggacy- one note to help is steering sensitivity in settings, i have mine at the lowest and its still a little sensitive.
Its tough to tell what exactly its trying to replicate, because at times its too sudden even when being smooth doing almost the same as the previous lap which is where im confused. *Trailbraking does work but its tough when you let off the throttle especially its like the car just dips forward way too much, theres no way to turn off engine braking, and if you try to control with the throttle even just a little it spins you out or drives you off track. Its like the rear is way too slippery even before breaking hard or turning at all, and when trying to brake late they become unresponsive even without locking up you go off. At times gt7 feels amazing, i use a wheel and race without assists, it feels real and shouldnt be easy, but sometimes it just feels it overreacts under braking as well as directional changes, really od instablilty feeling or lack of feeling. Saving it is possible but way hard compared to an actual car, they really want you to feel on edge but man when you lose the car dipping forward going 25mph not driving that hard its frustrating. Some ot can be fixed when you setup your car a bit but even then the grip slip is that much more exaggerated.

Another handling note is jumping rally on dirt tracks the suspension sometimes makes the car not land even after i tuned the car, landing straight and low it bounces your rear like a ballon lol

If you try Project cars 2 and assetto corsa they feel a lot more sim style driving, you can tell when the car is actually losing grip and find it better, correct it and just feelthe car a lot more, where as in here its like an arcade if you hit the wrong spots with your inputs it punishes you

Any notes though are good, hopefully this can help but im not sure if the designers would do anything. I messaged f1 about the throttle thing and although its better im not sure what happened lately with their programming. Ive adjusted the feedback sensitivities for both wheel and throttle but it just becomes worse, i use a t150 thrustmaster which is still compatible and a good one

Platocplx- sometimes its driver error and replays do show the spacial view can be hard to visualize, especially if youre used to gtsport, you can also see though sometimes the sudden loss of grip at times where it doesnt make sense even in replays, you just slide out

The grip on road tyres in the game is laughable, and if cars in real life were the same there'd be a crash on the corner of every street. 🙄 It is like driving on ice with even a little power, and so that then applies to the breaking too.

The 'road tyres' on a Golf are not the same as 'road tyres' on a 911. :banghead:

Ll
The grip on road tyres in the game is laughable, and if cars in real life were the same there'd be a crash on the corner of every street. 🙄 It is like driving on ice with even a little power, and so that then applies to the breaking too.

The 'road tyres' on a Golf are not the same as 'road tyres' on a 911

Reply- lmao yes! For real the sports tires are horrible, and comfort.....geez. on gtSport drifting is hard because there seems to be some stability control or something, or i just have a bad drift setup lol, but gt7, it drifts for you practically. Saving it extremely harder than it should be. It does make an interesting challenge and feelsl like driving on rails but when you make a mistake barely touching the pedals on the last lap racing ai with higher PP, what can you do besides feel a bit cheated /: if they do fix it tho gotta hope they dont overdo stability control. Im sure its not easy but if project cars2 and assetto corsa can do it....cheers guys

Back