GT7 PS5 frame rate is horrible on 4K Resolution with 4K TV-s.

Serbia
Serbia
Gran Turismo 7 PS5 version is running very bad on my 4K TV Samsung RU8000 65inch. I mean Daily Race C in Daytona with 20 cars on the grid is absolutely horrible. I feel like i have 10 years old PC that barely can run the game 😂 I mean FPS is below 30, maybe 25 ... There are problems also on other tracks, but easily Daytona is the worst from all of them. Other games on my PS5 are running okey, so definitely not my PS5 is broken. There is a problem in GT7 with balancing on 4K resolution.

I dont know how it works on 4K PC Monitors, but it works very bad on 4K TV-s. I cant imagine what whill happen on Rainy Race with Dynamic weather and accelerated time, it will be 15 fps ? The game is almost unplayable at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm playing on an LG 65" OLED C1 120Hz, and the game has been absolutely perfect for me so far in terms of FPS. Constant 60FPS. I have graphics set to prioritize FPS over Ray Tracing. I'm still working my way through licenses, café, and missions, but if you can give me settings to test in a custom race I'll be happy to report back and let you know if I also see bad FPS there.

Yeah, I've noticed the odd slight 'glitch' pre race as it shows the procession, just before it enters the cockpit, but was only on odd, race and havent;t noticed/paid attn the past week or so.

I'm running Samsung QE55QN95A Neo QLED, so its capable of 120Hz. BTW its just been reduced... Great tv.

Performance mode.

Last edited:
I'm using LG 4k 72" and suffer the same as Saghmeister. Much more often and noticeable when raining and most unpleasant if there are alot of cars in view. It even happens in 1080p, but only when raining and not as often. I'm pretty sure at times in GT7 there is just too much for the PS5 hardware to cope with.

This video is not GT7 related. But it’s a very good watch to see what devs are doing to improve image quality & performance post launch. Often these are undocumented and only noticed when sites like Digital Foundry get their hands on original code.

I mentioned in another thread how I’ve noticed more atmospheric & better particle effects in GT7 in recent weeks. Would be cool if PD went into more detail on these changes.

Back