GT7 seen from a GT1 to GT5 player

• Thread starter tw1sted
  • 5 comments
Portugal
Ponte 25 de abril
tw1sted1989
Been away for a long time from GT but returned for this so loved GT7. I also played the GT6 and Sport briefly, but those games were a much worse and chopped of versions of they used to be, that I got fed of both in no time. This GT7 is a good game don't get me wrong (100x better than Sport and GT6), has a lot of cool features, but it lacks so much that pisses me off that I had to come here after almost 10 years away:
  • not being able to sell cars is absolute stupid;
  • tyre smoke and marks do not exist in this game for god knows what reason. Why cars don't leave marks now? GT5 was 10000x better in this chapter;
  • the game sometimes just crashes and I have to restart the console (ps4);
  • the amount of bugs in licenses (rally ones), ghosts flickering etc is out of this planet;
  • the earnings in races are ridiculous given the prices of most cars - they expect you to pay for them using real money lmao;
  • the tickets for "random" rewards are a fcking joke - I never got a single car, a single car part, a single engine, and always get the lower amount of money available 95% of the cases - been playing since day 1;
  • they cut so many cool cars from the past games and introduced like 350 vision cars - ok they look good, futuristic and all that crap, but most people don't care about unrealistic concept cars that are insanely ultra mega fast and that do not exist in real life.
  • EDIT: the second hand market is totally a missed out opportunity of making a great tool - the cars do not rotate; if you buy a car there is a chance they will replace it by the same exact car on another color; they could have made them shift or rotate every real life day or something, instead of the old way changing every race; if they wanted to have an approach like the one that is live, they could have made some disappear after x amount of time and others more expensive sticking around for more time, just like a real used car dealership, not replacing the ones you bought and shifted in time for the exact same car on a different color;

PS: I don't care if some of these were already discussed - at least the tyre marks people didn't even complain about from what I've seen

Last edited:
have to say i feel a bit lacklustered sometimes about this game.

• second hand car market still has pretty much the same cars since day one
  • bot being able to sell your cars
  • pretty much the same cars as in GTS
  • the forced route via the cafe menu
  • low earnings
  • tuning in the daily races
  • on line driving does not count in the daily marathon
  • all seems to be set up to force you to spend more money on cars, upgrades en credits

my final verdict really depends on how they will present the FIA Manufacturers series, when that is also only tuning events then it destroyes the whole spirit of group racing in my view...

have to say i feel a bit lacklustered sometimes about this game.

• second hand car market still has pretty much the same cars since day one
  • bot being able to sell your cars
  • pretty much the same cars as in GTS
  • the forced route via the cafe menu
  • low earnings
  • tuning in the daily races
  • on line driving does not count in the daily marathon
  • all seems to be set up to force you to spend more money on cars, upgrades en credits

my final verdict really depends on how they will present the FIA Manufacturers series, when that is also only tuning events then it destroyes the whole spirit of group racing in my view...
Oh, I totally forgot about the second hand market bs. will add that to the OP

You forgot everything they improved. The graphics, sound, physics, AI, customization, loading speed for races, online racing improvements, day/night and weather simulation, etc. It's the best GT ever made by far.

I didn't even realize that there are no tire marks anymore. I'm going to hop on and check just to be sure... Oh wait, PD broke the damned game, lol. Well, I guess I'll have to take your word for it!

You forgot everything they improved. The graphics, sound, physics, AI, customization, loading speed for races, online racing improvements, day/night and weather simulation, etc. It's the best GT ever made by far.
true, but one can expect those things to improve with a new game, no? would be odd to actually have worse graphics, sounds , physics etc?

But agree that the day/night and weather simulation is a definite improvement.
I am hoping that some of the negatives will disappear in due time with future updates...

Back