GT7 server maintenance tonight (2 am-4 am EDT 10/6/2022)

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 6 comments

Eggstor

Boring as B-Spec Bob
Premium
United States
Wisconsin
GTP_Eggstor
From the US version of gran-turismo.com:
Gran Turismo 7's servers will undergo maintenance during the following period:

[Day & Time]
Start: 10/06/2022 02:00 EDT
End: 10/06/2022 04:00 EDT

(Please note the above times are subject to change.)

During this period only "Arcade Race" within "World Circuits" will be available to play, but various online features including "Sport" mode will not be accessible.

Also, game progress cannot be saved while the servers are offline. To save the current status of the game, the console must be reconnected online after the end of the server maintenance.

Thank you for your patience.
That translates to 07:00-09:00 UTC, so plan accordingly.

While it is the normal night for even an out-of-sequence update to drop, I do note that the usual phrase of "game update" that precedes a version update is missing.

Likely means something Server side more then anything content related, or a smaller update to fix some issues from the last update.

Likely means something Server side more then anything content related, or a smaller update to fix some issues from the last update.
Those would be my two guesses, especially since there's a pair of bugs to squash - the Daylight Saving change bug (which probably has been there since they "fixed" the time-change exploit and only uncovered since Australia and New Zealand went to summer time) and a Sport mode error affecting mostly the Europeans.

There is the game crash bug that affects PS4 players when they do an extended race the game freezes at the payout section, this needs to be fixed too.

There is the game crash bug that affects PS4 players when they do an extended race the game freezes at the payout section, this needs to be fixed too.
This is why I'm sure it has to be a game update.

Sometimes they do seem to just... forget to mention it in the maintenance notice. This has lead to arguments here in the past where there were inconsistencies between different countries getting different text.

I'm not sure how this requires 2 hours of downtime though.

This is why I'm sure it has to be a game update.

Sometimes they do seem to just... forget to mention it in the maintenance notice. This has lead to arguments here in the past where there were inconsistencies between different countries getting different text.

I'm not sure how this requires 2 hours of downtime though.
@Famine noted in the GT7 news thread that this is the first time "game update" and its various translations have not appeared on any of the country/language GT maintenance notice pages. That is the reason why he held off on putting it on the front page.

As for the 2 hours of downtime, that's been the standard (well, except for 1.07's botch). Be thankful there isn't a weekly downtime like there was for Sport.

Those who believed that the new update was release to solve (or try to) the freezing problems were right

Back