GT7 Sim Racing Stewards

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Cubiziod
A new thread to discuss incidents posted by you guys in Daily Races. (Inspired by Jimmy Broadbent’s YT videos)

Please look at mine first and feel free to post others after;

Daily Race: B
Lap: 4

Thanks!

(Please be honest)

Last edited by a moderator:
(Please be honest)
Well, first of all, don't go naming drivers with whom you have a dispute. Naming and shaming is not permitted on GTPlanet.

Secondly, I appear to be looking at a still image of the very start of the race just before the final corner, rather than a video of The Chase on Lap 4. I'm not entirely sure what anyone is supposed to glean from that. If you're going to be doing this sort of thing, you really need to be posting a video of the incident(s); you can easily export video to YouTube straight from your console.

Well, first of all, don't go naming drivers with whom you have a dispute. Naming and shaming is not permitted on GTPlanet.

Secondly, I appear to be looking at a still image of the very start of the race just before the final corner, rather than a video of The Chase on Lap 4. I'm not entirely sure what anyone is supposed to glean from that. If you're going to be doing this sort of thing, you really need to be posting a video of the incident(s); you can easily export video to YouTube straight from your console.
Okay maybe naming the guy wasn’t a good idea, I’ll take on board the idea of exporting to YouTube. Thank you very much for your help.

A new thread to discuss incidents posted by you guys in Daily Races. (Inspired by Jimmy Broadbent’s YT videos)

Please look at mine first and feel free to post others after;

Daily Race: B
Lap: 4

Thanks!

(Please be honest)
I like the premise of this thread. Following to see how it goes.

I like the premise of this thread. Following to see how it goes.

Thank you all for your patience, here’s the video, feel free to start sending your incidents now.

A recommended format would be;

At Fault: Atenza, WRX, Racing Incident
Reason;
Penalty;

Thank you all for your patience, here’s the video, feel free to start sending your incidents now.

A recommended format would be;

At Fault: Atenza, WRX, Racing Incident
Reason;
Penalty;

That's all on the Impreza.

Both cars could have made it round the left if the Impreza hadn't aimed at the apex. The Atenza couldn't vanish, and was at an appropriate speed to maintain a fully inside line without crossing the Impreza's mid/outside line. The Impreza should have maintained the mid/outside line, but aimed at the apex and brought the cars into conflict.

After that, the lack of control on the grass caused the second contact and ruined both races..

Good to see drivers wanting feedback to improve so I'll give my perspective.

Both drivers are to blame IMO. They are carrying too much speed to make the corner without impeding on each other's line.

They both do a nice job approaching the corner by giving each plenty of cue and room. The Impreza takes the risky outside line and faces the challenge of holding that line throughout the entire corner. But he is carrying too much speed and must turn in earlier to make a decent exit. However, the Atenza is still fighting and is in position to demand some space.

The Atenza is also in a predicament. He has chosen the inside line in a heavy braking zone and faces the same challenge of maintaing his inside line throughout the entire corner. But he is also carrying too much speed and understeers slightly at the point of contact. Views of steering angles would add clarity, but it is fairly obvious that he too would have failed to leave space for the Impreza on exit.

Add to this the factors about this particular corner. There is a large inside kerb that will launch/upset the car and the slight crest at apex. Nice design that promotes understeer and these factors have to be considered by drivers if to produce a proper fight.

Next time, try to set up a pass. Be a bit more strategic and less reactionary. But if you have to be opportunistic at this corner, then try driving at 9.5/10 instead of max limit. Factor in the dynamics of the corner and carry as much speed as you can without impeding on the other car. This means applying different inputs -- slightly earlier/more/trailing braking, look to stabilize the car early mid corner with subtle steering that loads the car progressively -- not suddenly, and make sure your vision is looking ahead instead of focused on your nose.

Sidebar. Part of the way a good pass is make is by playing around with sending them obvious signals of what you are intending to do. To see how they react so you can assess where and when the job can be done without surprises. But this is a lengthy topic, let's save it for a rainy day.

Seems to me that the Subaru planned how to launch the overtake but not how to finish it.
Of course both were a bit careless and overcooked the braking.
But the Subaru, planning a outside pass has to be aware the space needed to the car on the inside, as the guy in the Mazda can't make the car magically disappear. Also, if he could keep up on the outside, it would have the advantage on the inside on the next corner and then squeeze the Mazda on the outside forcing it to back of or go wide. But it seems he thought he would just outbreak the Mazda and cleared it before the corner which would be unlikely. After that, just cars out of control.

But he is also carrying too much speed and understeers slightly at the point of contact.
This is where the contact occurs:

1666193074545.png

Such speed. Many understeer. Wow.

Of course we would need to see the video from the Impreza's point of view from their own console so we can see what they think happened...

Last edited:
That snapshot provides further evidence that the Atenza is going to end up pushing wide.

No full lock on steering, slightly open suggesting he is anticipating contact.
Throttle trace suggests he is aggressively going to widen his line.
Riding the inside kerb like that will unsettle his chassis and likely cause a wider line on exit.

Back