GT7 Split Screen - Nov 2023

• Thread starter Ps5master
  • 28 comments
Australia
Australia
What is going on? This is absolutely BS. Split screen still not working in Nov 2023. This issue has been reported since the game release. Cmon guys get your act together. No official known issue on PS5 acknowledgment. The GT7 logo even has a split screen.
For those that are unaware, if you want to play with your family like the good old days, player 1 will always win even if you have the same car, same settings etc.. and yes it’s not the controller or user. If it’s not fixed soon, I’m after a refund. Only had the game 5 days. And another annoyance, I don’t want to spend 5 hours again to just unlock the multiplayer option to play at home.

Edit: ensure both players are half decent when testing.
Tested on track northern isle speedway
Tested with Mazda RX-Vision GT3 and many others
First test on 5 laps to see noteable difference.
Tested with my daughter. Yep I kicked her ass by over 10 seconds. Swapped controller. She kicked my ass by around 10 seconds. Same settings.I.e both intermediate, braking etc. take note both players have exact same settings.

Last edited:
Try play a multiplayer - split screen with 2 player. Pick same car, heck same colour if u want. Just double check all your settings at time of race so no unfair advantage I.e player one is say intermediate and player 2 is intermediate or both beginner. Take a photo of all the same controller settings if you have to compare both are same same. Then race the round circuit 5 laps or something. Guess who wins every time. Player 1. Ok then Swap controller - guess who wins - player 1. Really annoying. Put me off playing

Last edited:
Try play a multiplayer - split screen with 2 player. Pick same car, heck same colour if u want. Just double check all your settings at time of race so no unfair advantage I.e player one is say intermediate and player 2 is intermediate or both beginner. Take a photo of all the same controller settings if you have to compare both are same same. Then race the round circuit 5 laps or something. Guess who wins every time. Player 1. Ok then Swap controller - guess who wins - player 1. Really annoying. Put me off playing
you sure about that? There was big problem with not being able to change assists for player 2 before 1.40 but now everything work as a charm. I guess that what you have is just placebo effect and there is no such thing that 1st player is always wining.

Yep I’m 100% sure. I only purchased the game 5 days ago or so. Updates all done. Test it with a half decent player and you see that they will beat you. It’s not the controller. It’s whoever is player 1. So many people have complained. I think they’ve given up as it’s now a joke

Certainly no placebo

Have you tested?

Last edited:
it’s not just me that’s the comical thing. I am not making this up. Why would I go to all this effort to create account on this platform just to raise the issue on here as this issue as others say - falls on deaf ears. When you test it properly with a friend sitting next to you on your PS5, you will realise there is an issue. If you are a developer, I am more than happy to upload recordings for your review. Anyone else want to chime in?

Last edited:
Cmon guys get your act together.
If you are a developer, I am more than happy to upload recordings for your review.
Fix the bloody split screen issue. Ffs

I'm not sure if you're aware, as three (and a half) of your six posts so far appear to be demanding that people here do something about it, but GTPlanet is an independent site that has no role whatsoever in the development of the Gran Turismo games.

If you were already aware of this, could you please bear that in mind and make sure your future posts are less likely to be received as accusatory towards the people here?

Not now but i did played GT7 split screen with friend and didn't notice that only player one was wining.
I can confirm the claimed issue on my console and it is actually pretty easy to replicate.
It doesnt take much other than the will to try out on your own and having 2 controllers at hand.
Both players are using the same car from the preseletion, both players are having the same driving aids selected.
Player 1 has a longer gear ration
1699616277171.png

and more power in general

Some cars will give player 2 a chance to catch up by draftingand overtaking (but player 1 still has his advantage to switch back by power), other cars will simply overwhelm player 2 with no chance to catch up at all.

I think the best we can do is to try and get this bug gain more popularity - it only required a handful of YT videos of Abarths smashing Tomahawks for a massive payout to get the PP bug in quick/custom races to be on the known issues list.

I think @Tidgney mentioned that he is a member of the chat with PD employees. Maybe he could help us get it acknowledged by the PD.

Was mentioned here as well:

OK I have made some tests and can confirm that's still bug in split screen. Two identical cars, two exactly same settings and player 2 is slower for no reason.
I really love this game and I really enjoyed split screen racing previous evening, we haven't seen it while having fun, so it's not so noticeable but bug is a bug.
Can't believe how poorly PD do some things! I mean after year and a half of waiting to fix split screen racing it's released as fixed but still, not working fully correctly... Speechless...

So using garage cars works and there is no clear advantage of player 1? Maybe this is why i didn't feel this bug because I was using only my garage cars with friend.

So using garage cars works and there is no clear advantage of player 1? Maybe this is why i didn't feel this bug because I was using only my garage cars with friend.
To me, garage cars produce the same error.
Though I only tested with 3 cars in total, it is 3 out of 3 with player 1 having the unreasonable advantage.

guys, i have the same exact issue. This has to be solved because there’s people that have buyed the game also to use a lot with friends and when they both can drive at high level you notice the difference for a lot of seconds like @Ps5master said.

We have to write an email to the gran turismo team to make it become an unresolved bug in the list they publish every month.

edit: there’s also a bug in all the offroad/snow tracks where the sand and snow generated by the cars is all pixelated. horrible effect tbh because i also have a ps5 (and it’s a thing that can be good also on ps4).

I noticed another bug that doesn’t save the settings for the other players instead of the player 1: that’s the inly that remind the setting you make from the first time you play.

Nicola

Last edited:
I have noted this problem in reddit and emailed to GT team through playstation support. But the problem still remains, what is really depressing. Money bug was fixed really fast, but this bug is remain from beginning.

it's so common these days how a good product is turned into crap by bad decisions.

There is no quality in this product anymore.

I'm not sure if you're aware, as three (and a half) of your six posts so far appear to be demanding that people here do something about it, but GTPlanet is an independent site that has no role whatsoever in the development of the Gran Turismo games.

If you were already aware of this, could you please bear that in mind and make sure your future posts are less likely to be received as accusatory towards the people here
I have noted this problem in reddit and emailed to GT team through playstation support. But the problem still remains, what is really depressing. Money bug was fixed really fast, but this bug is remain from beginning.

it's so common these days how a good product is turned into crap by bad decisions.

There is no quality in this product anymore.
Thank You. Let’s hope they fix it soon as my wife and kids don’t want to play multiplayer until it fixed.

Let’s hope they fix it soon as my wife and kids don’t want to play multiplayer until it fixed.
This might be a bit cliche, but I am somewhat sure they wouldnt have noticed if you didnt tell them.
Also as long as you pick the slower car, you might have a bit more fun catching up :rolleyes:

But yes, if it worked correctly, it would still be better.

I bought this game over a year ago with the sole purpose of playing with my son because split-screen games are limited on PS. It was expensive and it's useless without the feature. I'm very disappointed it hasn't been fixed and appears to have been removed off the bug list completely. I tried writing to PS but no luck.

First, big thanks to PD for improving multiplayer, huge update that aims at the most important bug imo.

Aside from the first player having an advantage, which is obvious, I also had some trouble with force feedback on the second wheel. It remained low no matter what. Spent an hour making an account for the second player in order to save some force feedback settings (they are not configurable in the menu for player 2) but still had weak force feedback. This is with two Fanatec wheels. Player 1 was fine. Anyone had this issue?

Tried the multiplayer. Player 1 was 10 MPH faster in the race, and when Player 1 finished, Player 2 gained 10 MPH immediately. Had to go back to play GT Sport to keep it fair.

Just bought GT 7 so my wife and I could play split screen. We were unaware about this issue until we started playing and started researching the issue. It was a download so I’m sure PlayStation will not refund. Very disappointing.

I think most of us have sent an email or two to various email addresses.

Thanks for joining the party.

I’ve emailed a third email thanks to you. If anyone gets a response, would be keen for an update.

Good Luck

Has anyone been able to have high force feedback for player 2 in split screen yet? I haven't been able to find a place to adjust FFB for player 2 yet and it's dismally low. Feels like a fraction of 1NM.

Back