Hello everyone,
I’d like to share an idea that I believe could make Gran Turismo 7’s online racing experience more rewarding and engaging.
One of the things I appreciate most about Gran Turismo is its dedication to automotive culture. The dealerships, legendary cars, manufacturer histories, tuning systems, and car collecting make the game feel like much more than just a racing simulator.
However, I believe there is an opportunity to make car ownership and the in-game economy more meaningful in online racing.
The Problem
Currently, many online events allow players to borrow eligible vehicles for free.
While this makes racing accessible, it also reduces the incentive to purchase cars, earn credits, and build a personal collection.
For example, I currently have around 32 million credits in GT7, yet I often find myself wondering why I should purchase certain cars when I can simply borrow them for online events.
In my opinion, earning credits and purchasing cars should have a greater purpose beyond collecting vehicles or participating in offline races.
My Main Idea: Make Preparing for a Race Part of the Experience
Imagine an upcoming online championship being announced several days in advance.
Players could visit the dealership, explore eligible vehicles, read about their specifications, and test them on the event’s circuit before making a purchase.
They could then save credits, purchase their preferred car, customize its appearance, practice on the track, and prepare for the competition.
This would make the journey toward participating in a race almost as rewarding as the race itself.
Instead of simply selecting a borrowed car and entering an event, players would have a stronger connection to the vehicles they choose to compete with.
Suggested Features
1. Ownership-required online championships
Introduce selected online races or championships that require players to own their participating vehicles.
2. Test drives before purchasing
Allow players to test eligible vehicles on the event’s circuit, practice, and record lap times before deciding which car to buy.
3. Optional paid rentals
For certain events, offer vehicle rentals for a reasonable amount of credits rather than making every rental free.
4. Rental damage and repair costs
Consider reasonable repair fees for rented vehicles in selected events, provided that the game can accurately and fairly determine responsibility for incidents.
5. Advance championship announcements
Announce certain events early enough for players to save credits, purchase suitable cars, customize them, and prepare for the race.
Maintaining Accessibility
I am not suggesting removing free rentals from every event.
Online Time Trials, in particular, should remain accessible to everyone because they focus on driving skill and fair competition.
Instead, I would love to see a balance between freely accessible events, rental-based races, and ownership-required championships.
Final Thoughts
Gran Turismo has always celebrated the history, engineering, and culture of automobiles.
I believe the game could take this philosophy even further by making car ownership, financial decisions, and race preparation more meaningful parts of the online experience.
It would give players more reasons to earn credits, explore dealerships, purchase cars, and develop a personal connection with the vehicles they race.
I’d love to hear what the community thinks.
Would you support ownership-required online championships alongside the existing rental system?
Thank you for reading!
PlayStation ID: ocUAE
I’d like to share an idea that I believe could make Gran Turismo 7’s online racing experience more rewarding and engaging.
One of the things I appreciate most about Gran Turismo is its dedication to automotive culture. The dealerships, legendary cars, manufacturer histories, tuning systems, and car collecting make the game feel like much more than just a racing simulator.
However, I believe there is an opportunity to make car ownership and the in-game economy more meaningful in online racing.
The Problem
Currently, many online events allow players to borrow eligible vehicles for free.
While this makes racing accessible, it also reduces the incentive to purchase cars, earn credits, and build a personal collection.
For example, I currently have around 32 million credits in GT7, yet I often find myself wondering why I should purchase certain cars when I can simply borrow them for online events.
In my opinion, earning credits and purchasing cars should have a greater purpose beyond collecting vehicles or participating in offline races.
My Main Idea: Make Preparing for a Race Part of the Experience
Imagine an upcoming online championship being announced several days in advance.
Players could visit the dealership, explore eligible vehicles, read about their specifications, and test them on the event’s circuit before making a purchase.
They could then save credits, purchase their preferred car, customize its appearance, practice on the track, and prepare for the competition.
This would make the journey toward participating in a race almost as rewarding as the race itself.
Instead of simply selecting a borrowed car and entering an event, players would have a stronger connection to the vehicles they choose to compete with.
Suggested Features
1. Ownership-required online championships
Introduce selected online races or championships that require players to own their participating vehicles.
2. Test drives before purchasing
Allow players to test eligible vehicles on the event’s circuit, practice, and record lap times before deciding which car to buy.
3. Optional paid rentals
For certain events, offer vehicle rentals for a reasonable amount of credits rather than making every rental free.
4. Rental damage and repair costs
Consider reasonable repair fees for rented vehicles in selected events, provided that the game can accurately and fairly determine responsibility for incidents.
5. Advance championship announcements
Announce certain events early enough for players to save credits, purchase suitable cars, customize them, and prepare for the race.
Maintaining Accessibility
I am not suggesting removing free rentals from every event.
Online Time Trials, in particular, should remain accessible to everyone because they focus on driving skill and fair competition.
Instead, I would love to see a balance between freely accessible events, rental-based races, and ownership-required championships.
Final Thoughts
Gran Turismo has always celebrated the history, engineering, and culture of automobiles.
I believe the game could take this philosophy even further by making car ownership, financial decisions, and race preparation more meaningful parts of the online experience.
It would give players more reasons to earn credits, explore dealerships, purchase cars, and develop a personal connection with the vehicles they race.
I’d love to hear what the community thinks.
Would you support ownership-required online championships alongside the existing rental system?
Thank you for reading!
PlayStation ID: ocUAE