GT7 & T500rs dead zone?

DaveTheStalker

Vinyl Addict
Premium
United States
Michigan
DaveTheStalker
I haven’t used my T500 seriously since GT6. So, it’s been awhile. GT Sport was played with a motion controlled DS4. It was time to dust off the Obutto Ozone and T500 for GT7!!!

I don’t know if it’s the physics, PD forcing us to buy extra crap like the brake controller or racing suspension on a FF Civic, or the T500rs and PS4 really can’t handle GT7? My wheel feels weird.

If feels like there is a huge dead zone right in the middle. I haven’t found the right combination of FFB and Detail or whatever the second option is. They are both at 3 now. I used to drive with the FFB on 7! I’m 52 now and things are different lol.

If I crank up the second option, Detail or whatever it is, it actually makes the dead zone worse.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember having to "initialise" my Thrustmaster wheel on a PC?
The reason it springs to mind is I don't have a PC, I use a Mac, and I had to borrow my son's laptop!
Seem to recall there was a deadzone setting in the app, somewhere.

But it could all just be a dream...... 😂

Last edited:
I haven't found this to be an issue with my T500rs and GT7, have you updated to the latest firmware for your wheel on the Thrustmaster support page? If not it might be worth a go.

I haven't found this to be an issue with my T500rs and GT7, have you updated to the latest firmware for your wheel on the Thrustmaster support page? If not it might be worth a go.
Yep, I was able to update it yesterday or the day before. I finally have a laptop for stuff like this.

Back