GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

From the perspective of someone who doesn't play Sport Mode often: I would not want my input to be overwritten by a set of defaults whenever I switch between cars, especially when I'm tuning multiple cars at a time and comparing the output between them.

From the perspective of someone who doesn't play Sport Mode often: I would not want my input to be overwritten by a set of defaults whenever I switch between cars, especially when I'm tuning multiple cars at a time and comparing the output between them.
This is true, I wouldn’t want this either. Although we could have a BOP on/off selector…

(Not original commenter) Because, personally, I'm most often tuning race cars where BOP is on but car settings are enabled — meaning, weight, weight balance, power, torque, and gearing are set and fixed for that car. So those few would always be useful to auto-populate. But having the other values that I can change still populate with the default ones that are on-screen would still be preferable. gt-engine.com keeps an up-to-date spreadsheet with all the Gr cars' BOP values in every category.

This is possible, however in order to keep this fast and efficient I would need to have a copy of the data from gt engine website loaded into the calculator. Not a major problem, but then I would need to write a new macro to populate each of the cells to the default value.

I will see if it’s doable, however app is close so I can’t add this in yet.

Last edited:
Hi there!
I use this fantastic tool since yesterday. Just strugggeling with the "Save" option in the upper right of the expert version.
I am sure there is an how to somewhere. But cannot find it.
Coud someone help?

Hi there!
I use this fantastic tool since yesterday. Just strugggeling with the "Save" option in the upper right of the expert version.
I am sure there is an how to somewhere. But cannot find it.
Coud someone help?
Hello,

So the save feature is fairly straight forward. Just make your setup then when you’re happy with the car, enter a name to save it as next to the save setup button. Then press the save button.

When you want to load a setup find the name of the setup in the drop down list next to the load setup button. Then click load setup.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some advice after some feedback I have had a few times.

If you are having difficulty with a car that is very unstable under braking, you should raise the spring frequency. I had this issue on the Alfa 155 TI, and the 911 RSR. I used the stock setup as a base then tweaked it for faster laps.

Last edited:
I am struggling a little with spring stiffness. In gt7 I am assuming spring stiffness is natural frequency. However in calc you can only put one value to where gt7 has one NF for front and one for rear. What am I missing here?

I am struggling a little with spring stiffness. In gt7 I am assuming spring stiffness is natural frequency. However in calc you can only put one value to where gt7 has one NF for front and one for rear. What am I missing here?
Hello mate.

If you watch the video guide on the website it will show you how to setup the calculator, spring stiffness is to increase or decrease the stiffness of the springs to your preference.

Hello mate.

If you watch the video guide on the website it will show you how to setup the calculator, spring stiffness is to increase or decrease the stiffness of the springs to your preference.
I understand that but the video did not say where the info came from in the car settings menu. So I guess what I am asking is where are you getting the spring stiff number from in car settings on GT7?

I understand that but the video did not say where the info came from in the car settings menu. So I guess what I am asking is where are you getting the spring stiff number from in car settings on GT7?
Ahh I see what you mean, this isn’t a setting you will find in the gt7 tuning screen. This is your preference. Use 0 to start with and get a feel for the car, if your getting a lot of pitching of the car forwards and backwards then increase the stiffness, if the car seems to rough for bumpier tracks you can decrease the spring stiffness.

197A3D0E-509F-497F-ADA6-FB9914B750D9.png

how do i open this? i have downloaded the free copy but what app do i need?
The trial version and the lite version can be uploaded to OneDrive and opened in excel online which is free. The expert version needs a computer and Microsoft excel desktop app which is not free.

So I had a catch up with the app developer and there is some good progress now, I am having a live run through the core features on Friday afternoon. It is really coming together.

You will all be pleased to hear that there will be no drawing of lines needed as it will be working on optical character recognition for the values and will pick up the torque line from the colour in the graph!

We just need to tweak the UI and make sure everything is producing consistent results. Hopefully ready for beta testing in the coming weeks… 🤩

Great news!

For a next Version, I would like to ask you about "Tyre Wear".
Since I can control the tyre temperature, I have been trying to get the temperature on the front axle of my GT3 car close to 70° in the race.
Maybe it would help if there was another setting "Tyre Wear = Extreme".
I am also grateful for any other tips to increase the tyre temp.
Christian

question about wheel/tire size input. working w the 911 RSR 17 which std wheel size in GT auto says is 18”. Tool tip says input wheel size, but the the Tyre tab calc, which I did several times with different ratios, turned up 27.4” as tyre size.

9” difference, which would mean sidewall height of 4.5” - that does not seem correct for that car, I would think 3” would be about right.

So what is the correct input here? 18”, 27”, or 24” guestimate?

question about wheel/tire size input. working w the 911 RSR 17 which std wheel size in GT auto says is 18”. Tool tip says input wheel size, but the the Tyre tab calc, which I did several times with different ratios, turned up 27.4” as tyre size.

9” difference, which would mean sidewall height of 4.5” - that does not seem correct for that car, I would think 3” would be about right.

So what is the correct input here? 18”, 27”, or 24” guestimate?
Hey mate,

The tyre size needs to be calculated using the tyre size calculator (first tab). If you do it correctly it will give you the exact correct size.

You will find that the GT race cars have large profile tyres.

Test the top speed and this will tell you of the figure is correct.

For calculating tire size, I use the info from the transmission Manual Adjustment screen (yes, it's visible even if you don't have a full-custom transmission). For the values, I grab the info for the 2nd-highest gear, as the top gear graph extends a bit beyond the redline.

The calculator helped me get the Hyundai Gr.1 competitive with the Gr.C cars in today's GTWS Nations Cup race. If I had more talent, or had it rained instead of staying sunny, I would have had at least 2nd and possibly my first Sport win. Thanks.

For calculating tire size, I use the info from the transmission Manual Adjustment screen (yes, it's visible even if you don't have a full-custom transmission). For the values, I grab the info for the 2nd-highest gear, as the top gear graph extends a bit beyond the redline.

The calculator helped me get the Hyundai Gr.1 competitive with the Gr.C cars in today's GTWS Nations Cup race. If I had more talent, or had it rained instead of staying sunny, I would have had at least 2nd and possibly my first Sport win. Thanks.

That’s a good idea, I didn’t think of that. That’s a time saver for sure!!

Sorry to ask this question without reading all the pages. I have a Apple MacBookAir with Excel on top, is it working without OneDrive on my Hard/Software?

Last edited:
Sorry to ask this question without reading all the pages. I have a Apple MacBookAir with Excel on top, is it working without OneDrive on my Hard/Software?
Hey man,

With the expert version, as long as you have excel later than 2007 it will work on any computer inc a mac.

The lite version is best used with OneDrive so that you can use with mobile devices.

So with the GT7 1.40 update is there any information that needs to be updated in tuning calc? And if so how can I update the version?

So with the GT7 1.40 update is there any information that needs to be updated in tuning calc? And if so how can I update the version?

Not sure there was anything in this update.

Although have heard a few comments like racing tyres feel better on certsin steering wheels.

But not sure it that's more around ffb rather than physics/handling/suspension updates...

Last edited:
Back