GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

B80
Not sure there was anything in this update.

Although have heard a few comments like racing tyres feel better on certsin steering wheels.

But not sure it that's more around ffb rather than physics/handling/suspension updates...
For example the 400R '95 car is not in tuning calc so that would need to be added right?

B80
Not sure there was anything in this update.

Although have heard a few comments like racing tyres feel better on certsin steering wheels.

But not sure it that's more around ffb rather than physics/handling/suspension updates...
For example the 400R '95 would need to be added with the other cars right?

Mate i have problems with gearbox calc ..
Always give me weird numbers that is impossible to add..
I try to give gears input or the overall input but gives me weird numbers..
I have one Idea for gearbox calc
Is better that we can put the first gear (how many km ) and then the calc do the rest!
Sorry for my bad English... I hope to understand.

Last edited:
Mate i have problems with gearbox calc ..
Always give me weird numbers that is impossible to add..
I try to give gears input or the overall input but gives me weird numbers..
I have one Idea for gearbox calc
Is better that we can put the first gear (how many km ) and then the calc do the rest!
Sorry for my bad English... I hope to understand.
Send me some screenshots of how your inputting and I will try and help…

Hey guys ! Thank you for the new update !

Just to be sure with the new instructions and my poor English, does it look ok ?

IMG_2270.jpeg
IMG_2269.jpeg

can i ask for help please?!
I download the calculator v.3 today but I CAN'T OPEN IT ??
I use windows 7 with Excel 2007

What can i do to run the calculator ?
Thank you

Attachments

• V3 Ordner.JPG
    V3 Ordner.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
  • V3 funktioniert nicht mehr.JPG
    V3 funktioniert nicht mehr.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 14
can i ask for help please?!
I download the calculator v.3 today but I CAN'T OPEN IT ??
I use windows 7 with Excel 2007

What can i do to run the calculator ?
Thank you

You need to upgrade to a newer MS Office. I think 2016/2019 will do the trick for you.

I just wanted to say 3.0 is probably the best sheet to date. I don't have to use an external app to help compute wheel size which was annoying, and the cars feel very dialed off the bat, with just needed some auxiliary tweaks after. Keep up the great work!

@hookedonturbo I like to know how can your calculator could help me, for example:
on this week daily races at Fuji circuit, where I am allowed to change only a few parameters on the car settings,
The available settings are:
Anti roll bar, duping and natural frequency... nothing more

@hookedonturbo I like to know how can your calculator could help me, for example:
on this week daily races at Fuji circuit, where I am allowed to change only a few parameters on the car settings,
The available settings are:
Anti roll bar, duping and natural frequency... nothing more
Hello Zeitto,

The calculator can help with the daily race setups yes. Giving you a good base to start from and also helping you to know what to tweak for different handling…

Last edited:
Hello Zeitto,

The calculator can help with the daily race setups yes. Giving you a good base to start from and also helping you to know what to tweak for different handling…
thanks very much.
what is the best Calculator option? windows or mobile?
can you send me the correct link too?

cheers

thanks very much.
what is the best Calculator option? windows or mobile?
can you send me the correct link too?

cheers

The lite mobile version will be fine for simple daily race setups, if you really want to tune the transmission for other events then the expert is the ultimate option.

1700243060218.png
Hi, I've tried your newest version of the calculator and noticed that the ARB doesn't update in the lite-version together with it giving different results for the lite-version vs the expert-version. Every setting is the same in both sheets. Is it something I'm overlooking?

Last edited:
View attachment 1304245Hi, I've tried your newest version of the calculator and noticed that the ARB doesn't update together with it giving different results for the lite-version vs the expert-version. Every setting is the same in both sheets. Is it something I'm overlooking?
What car is this? Have you tried any other cars?

I’ll check it out and see what the issue is.
I had a quick check and the ARB works fine on my copy, however there is a difference on the dampers and rear toe. I’ll see why this is and have to update.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 18.06.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 18.06.21.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 9
Just want to check: aero no longer affects damper output in V3.1 Lite (0 downforce and 1000000000 units of downforce produce the same values in the calculator). V3.1 damper output now corresponds to V3.0 with 0 downforce. Appears to be the case for all cars.

No downforce (same across 3.0 and 3.1):
1700285599980.png

V3.1 with way too much downforce:
1700285661812.png

V3.0 Lite for comparison:
1700285861759.png

Also noticed that rear toe angle's been much reduced in V3.1.

Is this intended?

Last edited:
Just want to check: aero no longer affects damper output in V3.1 Lite (0 downforce and 1000000000 units of downforce produce the same values in the calculator). V3.1 damper output now corresponds to V3.0 with 0 downforce. Appears to be the case for all cars.

No downforce (same across 3.0 and 3.1):
View attachment 1304352

V3.1 with way too much downforce:
View attachment 1304353

V3.0 Lite for comparison:
View attachment 1304354

Also noticed that rear toe angle's been much reduced in V3.1.

Is this intended?
Indeed this all correct.

RSR and no, haven't tried any other cars, I don't really have the option to do so, at the moment.

Check to see what you think works better the old damper setup on the lite calc or the new setup the same as the expert…

I ran into the problem twice, that the calculated Gear Ratios couldn't be applied because of the range of the car. Is there a workaround?

And another question:
You set the Ride Height as an input. How would you set the rideheight in general? as low as possible or with a bit of a rake?

I'm curious to see what you would set here :)

I ran into the problem twice, that the calculated Gear Ratios couldn't be applied because of the range of the car. Is there a workaround?

And another question:
You set the Ride Height as an input. How would you set the rideheight in general? as low as possible or with a bit of a rake?

I'm curious to see what you would set here :)

With the ratios, what version are you using lite or expert? Some screen shots of your issue will help me to understand how to assist.

Ride height is car and track specific, every car/track has a sweet spot. Race cars generally can be lowered maximum for flat and fast tracks, road cars would need around 10-20mm above min. I like to add a little rake (5-15mm) on most cars for added turn in and rotation.

Back