GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

The larger spring stiffness range and the extra ARB options really help a lot when setting up the weirder handling cars in the game. Been having a blast tuning the BRZ drift car for normal track use.

A UX suggestion for the eventual app: instead of a range of settings labelled 1-X, it'd be better to have the default setting wherever applicable be labelled as 0 and the rest going from negative to positive. This will make it easier to tell what the most neutral setting is supposed to be at a glance. And it'll also reflect the in-game stability numbers going from negative (understeer) to 0 to positive (oversteer).

The larger spring stiffness range and the extra ARB options really help a lot when setting up the weirder handling cars in the game. Been having a blast tuning the BRZ drift car for normal track use.

A UX suggestion for the eventual app: instead of a range of settings labelled 1-X, it'd be better to have the default setting wherever applicable be labelled as 0 and the rest going from negative to positive. This will make it easier to tell what the most neutral setting is supposed to be at a glance. And it'll also reflect the in-game stability numbers going from negative (understeer) to 0 to positive (oversteer).
Great idea, I’ll make the developer aware of this.

What does everyone think of the new version? Had a chance to test out the new ARB stiffness and over/under steer toggle?
Not sure what is wrong but the new 2.07 version expert will not consider the new Torque curve no matter what I do. Tried closing excel, do curve again, etc.. it always sticks with the default curve from the file you shared. Did not have the issue with previous versions.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.55.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.55.56 PM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.58.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.58.11 PM.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Not sure what is wrong but the new 2.07 version expert will not consider the new Torque curve no matter what I do. Tried closing excel, do curve again, etc.. it always sticks with the default curve from the file you shared. Did not have the issue with previous versions.

What am I missing?
Not sure why this occasionally occurs. I have the same issue and cannot find out why it does this.

This will all be much easier in the app once it is completed.

Last edited:
Not sure why this occasionally occurs. I have the same issue and cannot find out why it does this.

This will all be much easier in the app once it is completed.M
Tried a few test cases and for me it seems the issue happens if I have 2 different versions of the file opened at same time. Example: I start working on a car in latest version of the file, then I open an oldest version of the file for same car to compare, then click Calculate in newest file, and then comes the issue.

Which very much sounds like an Excel issue.

Last edited:
Okay, that sounds plausible, the VBA may be referencing the array on both sheets, which would cause it to fail. At this stage I think it not worth worrying about. If I can sort it I will let you know, however me are probably about 6 weeks away from having a finished app read….

Tried a few test cases and for me it seems the issue happens if I have 2 different versions of the file opened at same time. Example: I start working on a car in latest version of the file, then I open an oldest version of the file for same car to compare, then click Calculate in newest file, and then comes the issue.

Which very much sounds like an Excel issue.
Update on this graph refreshing issue, the way around it is this;

before you start a new plot;

1. delete the old torque line.
2. save the spreadsheet
3. now plot your new line and follow the steps.

this should now pick up the new torque line.

Update on this graph refreshing issue, the way around it is this;

before you start a new plot;

1. delete the old torque line.
2. save the spreadsheet
3. now plot your new line and follow the steps.

this should now pick up the new torque line.
Let me know if this sorts it

Okay, that sounds plausible, the VBA may be referencing the array on both sheets, which would cause it to fail. At this stage I think it not worth worrying about. If I can sort it I will let you know, however me are probably about 6 weeks away from having a finished app read….

The excel is amazing already but can't wait for the app too ☺️ and to an earlier point yes the options for understeer/oversteer and roll bar are really useful. Just as another user said it would be a bit more self speaking if these options would start at neutral=0.

Might be a silly question, but will you be making this available for those of us in the states?
Hi BigHaus,

I'm presuming you mean the app? If you are then yes this will be available to download via a website as a progressive web app.

Hi, there is two issues with the GT-R LM Nismo 2015. The front spring rate is over 5.0 (5.0 is the max), and for the gears ratio, with final gear calculated, the first gear is under 2.220 (which is the lowest for this car). When I sets the final gear manually everything is fine.

Hi, there is two issues with the GT-R LM Nismo 2015. The front spring rate is over 5.0 (5.0 is the max), and for the gears ratio, with final gear calculated, the first gear is under 2.220 (which is the lowest for this car). When I sets the final gear manually everything is fine.
With this car you will need to lower the spring stiffness in the calculator and use the user input final drive.

I'm not getting the gears of diffs to update, and the spring rate for the rear doesnt go any lower than 4.5 for the Super Formula car.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 7.36.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Back