GT7 underutilises the Dualsense

• Thread starter dcalde78
  • 5 comments
dcalde78
I'm a controller racer and have been for the entirety of my time in racing games and the GT franchise since first playing the series properly with GT3, aside from a short spell trying a G923 which was incredibly underwhelming and the odd go with a Fanatec DD Pro. If I have a racing game on PS5, I'm going to be using the Dualsense which is in all honesty an absolutely amazing controller. But GT7 fails to utilise what it offers and pales in comparison to what other games have managed to do with it which is incredibly disappointing. I've tried racing in Asetto Corsa Competitzione with it (feel free to judge me on that), and it was like night and day with ACC providing insane amounts of feedback through the controller. But that didn't surprise me given that ACC is far more on the sim side of racing compared to GT7. But what was disappointing to discover is that F1 '23 utilises the Dualsense far better than GT7 does.

I'm not one to praise anything EA does, but F1 '23 does a great job providing feedback through the controller. The triggers provide great pressure and let me know when I'm spinning the wheels with excess throttle, locking the brakes or scrubbing tyres with too much steering angle through the vibration of the controller. All GT7 seems to do is provide a stiff trigger for the throttle and brake which is pretty poor given the history of GT and the realism they want to achieve (limited as that may be with a controller). I can't tell any of the things happening in GT7 that I can in F1 '23 and that's so disappointing. Maybe there's some options I'm missing but I'm fairly sure that there aren't.

I've tried hard to keep my interest up in GT7, I had great fun at release and have probably over 1000 hours in the game at this point but it just keeps getting more and more difficult to justify putting more time in because there's so much missing and done better by other games.

I can't compare with ACC or F1 but I do feel when I am spinning, locking the brakes and other things happening while I am driving.

Honestly I've been really enjoying the Duelsense implementation, it took me a while to get used to it but now that I am I feel like its by far the most intuitive driving feedback I've ever felt on controller. I get a sense of all sorts of vehicle dynamics through the haptic feedback.

Only thing I dislike about the DualSense implementation is the triggers (The brake gives me ******* cramp after a while), but the vibration is brilliant for feeling when you’re approaching your car’s limits

Last edited:
I don’t have any other sim racer to compare, but the DualSense lets me know/feel everything I need to with the exception of the weird drops/resets the triggers have with the game and has been doing for awhile now thanks to the VRR update.

I feel like if it had any additional feedback I’d be annoyed with it. I have my haptic set to strong.

Latest Posts

Back