GT86/FR-S/BR-Z Specs Are Out; Anyone try replicating them in the FT86?

• Thread starter N35QU1K
  • 14 comments
Power: 197hp
Torque: 151lb/ft
Weight: 2,689lbs/1,220kg

Has anyone tried replicating these specs on the in-game FT-86 Concept?

I took a shot at replicating the specs on mine today and I can definitely see the improvement in handling and stability from the power drop (85% power limiter) and extra weight (200kg ballast).

To me the original concept felt a little too slip-eager, but with the updated power and weight specifications, the car is really a joy to drive and not nearly as difficult to control as before.

Personally, this has me very excited to see just how this car is in the real world :)

386370_10150391245831459_590746458_8866802_469432819_n.jpg

Last edited:
The 86 and BZR are nice, but I'm waiting on the Sti version to come out in a few years before buying one...

Jav
The 86 and BZR are nice, but I'm waiting on the Sti version to come out in a few years before buying one...

That's what I'm saying. I am ready to buy when they come out,but would prefer an sti option. The aftermarket should be good but maybe I'll wait and see what they have to offer later on.

The FT86 at 1000kg is quite light and unrealistic for a fully-functional driver. The added weight won't hinder it too much.

I tried this but I think you need to mess with the suspension as well to get the full affect how you go about that... i dont know XD. You would have to set up the suspension to have mild understeer when at the limit.

That's what I'm saying. I am ready to buy when they come out,but would prefer an sti option. The aftermarket should be good but maybe I'll wait and see what they have to offer later on.
Given its price point though, you have to admit it's a pretty impressive car to begin with.

Given its price point though, you have to admit it's a pretty impressive car to begin with.

Yeah,and picture it slammed on some staggered wheels...sweet!

I can't wait to see it..

I have also always liked the the hyundai Genisis coupe(surprisingly missing from GT5,WTF?),but I am still not sold on hyundai quality. But it is definetly swap worthy for sure.

Weight has been speculated about, but nothing is posted on Scion's website yet. All specs listed there are preliminary, but worth a look. Definitely a bargain sports car if they can hit the $25k price point.

Jav

:lol: The BZ-R was the front-drive AE11 Corolla, whereas the new rear-drive coupe is the BR-Z. Sorry, just had to point it out. If anyone's to blame it's Toyota/Subaru anyway, why such similar names?

Happy Holidays everyone!
icon108.gif

Back