• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 19 comments

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Australia
QLD, Australia
Small_Fryz
Im completing GTA 3 100% for the 1st time. Now i know what i have to do but what i was after was what things should i do before what and what are some things to get that i can only get once. Example.

Do the ambulance missions in Portland so you have no gangs shooting you... Get that perfect cheeta from that mission, etc.

What are some other tips and hints that will aid me in getting things done.

So far i have only done 1 mission, and collected all but 2 Hidden packages on Portland (other 2 i cant get until i unlock staunton).

Next i was going to do taxi missions, and also firefighter and police missions. The only problem i can foresee is the ambulance missions and some of the rampages.

Any tips and hints apprecieated.

The only sort of help I can give on that issue is to do the phone missions on each island while you're on that island. They're the type of missions that can be made quite difficult with other gangs shooting at you.

I believe you have to do the Firetruck Missions, Ambulance Missions, etc, a number of times on each island, therefore I recommend doing those missions before doing any storyline missions on each island, as you don't want too many people shooting at you during the missions. Remember, these gangs are probably a lot tougher than those on the sequels.

You're probably better off even further getting all of the hidden packages before-hand, too. I just think the trick is timing when to finish off everything so you don't end up with a handful of enemies whilst trying to complete other missions.

Jimmy Enslashay
I just think the trick is timing when to finish off everything so you don't end up with a handful of enemies whilst trying to complete other missions.
Which basically means you have to master the game before you go pick up Misty :lol:

Well ive now done..

Ambulance missions up to level 12.
Hidden packages for Portland
20 Fires in portland

Will do taxi and 20 criminals in vigilante next 👍

Edit done vigilante, will do taxi tomorrow

Good luck. I’m going to go for GTA3 100% during the holidays half way through the year. I won’t have much free time before then, but I’ll probably start a little earlier.

Make sure you complete all the mafia missions in Portland before you do Salvatore's last mission. Also, don't assassinate Kenji before you've done his missions. If you don't, then those missions will become unavailable and you can't get 100%.

Also, when you unlock El Burro's missions, do them all before you leave Portland. It's can be really hard to finish them when the mafia are blasting away at you with their shotguns.

If you've got a save game on your memory card already, you need to be careful. There's a known bug in the game that makes the phone missions for D-Ice in Shoreside Vale impossible to complete.

You can do the taxi missions anywhere - you just need 100 total passengers dropped off. They're really easy in Staunton Island, so just wait until it's unlocked and do them there. Getting 100 in a row in one session is pretty easy.

KM.

Here is what ive done so far.... Already have 1 Million$$$ :crazy: :sly:

• 1 Proper Mission
  • Patriot Playground
  • Mafia Mayhem and the Diablo Destruction?
  • Hidden Packages
  • Rampages
  • Unique Jumps
  • Paramedic
  • Vigilante
  • Taxi
  • Firefighter
  • 2/3 Inport/Export

Now im set to do the missions to gain that Perfect Cheeta then save, It can be my "Turismo" save. Then i will continue on and save on a different slot.

Remember the emergancy vehicle crane. Get everything you can in there now (police, SWAT, fire, ambulance) so that you won’t have to do anything other than FBI and army after that.

if you want to check for the purple nines glitch-- spawn a rhino (cheat) and use the low gravity cheat and fly over to SSV now and check to see if there are purple nines around -- you probably want to reload after checking.

It is possible to get to SI without cheats but its kind of difficult-- if you can get to SI before it opens, the SSV barricades (tunnels) won't be up yet (from what I've been told).

Getting to SI without cheat vid--- http://www.tfads.com/gta3/vids/jumpbridge.avi 1.6MB--- courtesy of Demarest

(Q) I want to go to Staunton and Shoreside to get the packages/rampages/etc but I dont want to cheat. Is this possible?

(A) Yes. Go to Easy Credit Auto's in Portland and jack the Banshee there. When you leave, note the grass over behind the Car Crusher. Past this grass is a long white road. Follow it untill your actually on top of the Tunnel Entrance. BACK THE BANSHEE towards the water, the car should be sitting on the very middle line in this area, it's not hard to see really. When the rear wheels fall off the edge, the car will start to fall, quickly hit Triangle before the car does so, and TADA! Your actually ontop of the Porter Tunnel and can freely acess Staunton Island without cheating. Once you get to Staunton, jack a car and drive to SSV using the Tunnel, it wont be blocked off untill Staunton is unlocked by beating all of Portlands missions.

This works, i've did it so many times, its not even funny. You don't need a banshee either, almost any car will work. Banshee is just the easyest to do it with. I only have 1 story mission done, and im like 54%, iirc. Every thing that can be done, is done, i need to advance the story line to rasie my percentage.

Right with doing that, i have all 100 packages, all rampages, all uniques, all mini missions, all everything. Everythign you could think off is done, the expections are the other 2 phone missions on the other islands, plus im missing the tank and fbi car for obvious reasons.:) You can still put cars in your other garages, just there location doesn't show on the map, iirc.

If anybody doesn't understand the method to do it, then just ask and i could explain it more. Btw, i didn't find this out, a player on gamefaqs did, or its just in his sticky topic, not sure.:scared:

Edit: I've tryed jumping the bridge like that vid, and its extremly hard on the ps2(ive never made it, came close a few times), im thinking it might be easyer on the computer, if any of you guys play on that.

Aaah, good ol' GTA3. Still the best in the series IMO.

You've already done the taxi missions, but for those who don't know, there was a glitch in GTA3 that allowed you to do taxi missions in any car. If you get in a taxi, hold R3, get out of the taxi (still holding R3), enter another car and release R3, it will commence taxi missions in that car. Speed bonuses are so much easier to get when you're ferrying people around in a Banshee. :D

Another easy way of getting to Staunton Island early is to enter the flying cars cheat. Simply drive the car along the the Portland bridge and then fly over to the other side.

Shannon
You've already done the taxi missions, but for those who don't know, there was a glitch in GTA3 that allowed you to do taxi missions in any car. If you get in a taxi, hold R3, get out of the taxi (still holding R3), enter another car and release R3, it will commence taxi missions in that car. Speed bonuses are so much easier to get when you're ferrying people around in a Banshee.
That's a cool glitch. I'd never heard it before. Has it been tried in Vice City or San Andreas?

In GTA3 the taxi was a car with really cool handling. It wasn't very fast but it could handle really well. The taxis in Vice City were slower and handled like crap and in San Andreas they were even worse, which made the taxi missions in those games so boring. I enjoyed doing taxi missions in GTA3.

KM.

Great tips and info guys, thanks a lot. 👍

A couple questions:

1) Is it mandatory to complete the phone missions for Marty Chonks in order to get the BF Injection to spawn in Portland and/or get 100%? I can't seem to remember.

2) If you fail a rampage, does the rampage icon never respawn? (I never thought it did, but I just want to make sure)

That taxi glitch is neat indeed. I always loved how quickly the taxi turns around while driving in reverse.
The "getting to SI" vid was quite cool. I'd love to see more vids! Anything really, like neat stunts, violent carnage, glitches/tricks, strategies, etc..

I think it's also possible to get to Staunton early on without cheating from the subway entrance in Portland. I've only managed to do this one time a few years ago, but I drove a Banshee down the stairs that lead to the subway gate at a high speed and after my car hit the gate it was parallel to the gate (I think the driver side door was next to the gate). I don't remember it extremely well, but after I exited my vehicle I was on the other side of the gate in the subway.

Time of Death
Great tips and info guys, thanks a lot. 👍

A couple questions:

1) Is it mandatory to complete the phone missions for Marty Chonks in order to get the BF Injection to spawn in Portland and/or get 100%? I can't seem to remember.

2) If you fail a rampage, does the rampage icon never respawn? (I never thought it did, but I just want to make sure)

1. yes--required for 100%-- not sure if it affects the BF injection spawning but the mission is needed for 100%

2. no... each one has 2 locations, each time you fail one, it will respawn in its other location, fail it there and it goes back to the original location

KieranMurphy
That's a cool glitch. I'd never heard it before. Has it been tried in Vice City or San Andreas?

In GTA3 the taxi was a car with really cool handling. It wasn't very fast but it could handle really well. The taxis in Vice City were slower and handled like crap and in San Andreas they were even worse, which made the taxi missions in those games so boring. I enjoyed doing taxi missions in GTA3.

KM.
I tried it in Vice City and it didn't work. Haven't bothered trying in San Andreas yet, but I doubt it will work.

The best thing about taxi missions in GTA3 was getting the Borgnine taxi. Woohoo, now I get NOS on every taxi. Too bad I'll never drive another one after completing the missions. :rolleyes:

Shannon
You've already done the taxi missions, but for those who don't know, there was a glitch in GTA3 that allowed you to do taxi missions in any car. If you get in a taxi, hold R3, get out of the taxi (still holding R3), enter another car and release R3, it will commence taxi missions in that car. Speed bonuses are so much easier to get when you're ferrying people around in a Banshee. :D
Oh my god. How come I wasn’t informed!? Thank you Shannon! :bowdown:

+rep for you.

Last night I tried the trick you posted bcks and it worked like a charm. It was really cool running to Staunton on the tunnel. Thanks! 👍

The taxi trick worked like a charm too :) I was hoping that that trick would work for vigilante, ambulance, and fire truck missions, but it only seems to work with the taxi (I thought it would be nice doing the Ambulance missions with the police car).

Also tried jumping the bridge to Staunton but didn't have any luck. After I line myself up with the right analog stick to take the jump, then let go of it, the camera shifts to the side :indiff:

Yeah, Blake and I both had that very same problem. I usually hold down L1, but it still doesn't really do anything for me. I think it's mostly something accomplished on the PC, I assume.

I haven't really even gotten close to the hanging rafters on the other side of the bridge, either.

Back