Gta, is it's own worse enemy?

United Kingdom
somerset, England
Willfred_1
You maybe wandering what I mean, but during my session of grinding for money I pondered wether the reputation gta has/is negatively affecting development choices.

One such example would the trade of drugs and possibly guns aswell. This side feature was featured and played a key roll in Chinatown wars. Now Chinatown wars came out with very little media attention.

With players finding lines of code that hint to a similar feature in gta 5. I find my self pondering why was it canned and if the media outcry would be a factor.

So what do you think ? Does the reputation of gta negatively affected development decisions?

Rockstar doesn't care about all the negative press and hype like that. It sells games and they make money so they keep doing it.

Unfortunately as for why things weren't included we will never know. Probably the same reason Hot Coffee from San Andreas wasn't playable without modding.

Rockstar doesn't care about all the negative press and hype like that. It sells games and they make money so they keep doing it.

Unfortunately as for why things weren't included we will never know. Probably the same reason Hot Coffee from San Andreas wasn't playable without modding.
Is that to do with it's reputation though, gta needs to get through the ratings board but it gets away with less stuff than other games do. And if there was enough outcry games can be re assed for ratings. While they may not care.the reputation makes it harder for them. Epically with strict rating boards like the Australian one.

Honestly I'm surprised there AREN'T more things like that in game right now. I mean they've pushed it so far out of the realm of any kind of moral restraint what's the difference at this point?

I can't see any reason they haven't or won't put things like that in other than technical or resource oriented.

Back