GTA V "Screen Shots"

United States
Humboldt County
ExoSphere64
I understand it may be splitting hairs, but it has been discussed that there is a distinct difference between a screen capture and a true "Snapmatics" photo. There is a thread that has been around forever under the Snapmatics banner and it should remain pure to just that... Photos that have been taken in-game with the phone. Since the release of PS4 and the ability to capture what we see on our screen has changed the dynamic of what we can share as far as photos go.

I think that the two methods should be separated based on technical merit. There are quite a few limits on taking a true Snapmatics photo than there is using the screen capture function. Sure it is all about sharing great pictures but the two methods should be showcased on different threads, just as edited/Photo Shopped pictures should be separated as well.

We need to compare apples to apples. There are a lot of players that love to share their experiences with pictures. Each type of medium should stand on it's own so everyone has an equal chance to show their stuff. I have been a contributor to the Snapmatics thread for many years but these screen shots somehow just don't belong there.... Here is my set to hopefully get this thread off on a good start just as the original Snapmatics thread did....

Grand Theft Auto V_20160222163234.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160222190243.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160225192525.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160225205356.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160228152544.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160229162459.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160229190943.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160301195146.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20160306212706.jpg

I like your idea and understand your logic, but I don't think this thread will take off as you are expecting. That other thread has a very large following and a lot of the guys seem to us the R* Editor to do their photos as opposed to screen shotting or the snapmatics.... But I've been wrong before so we'll see

I agree but it is worth a shot... It would be nice be be able to differentiate between the methods being used.

I haven't used snapmatic once, since getting the ps4 over a year ago, and I've been a pretty heavy contributor to the other thread. I suppose I don't really care where I post them, I just like getting the shots, by whatever means.

Edit: I'd suggest turning off your mini map before taking a screenshot, though.

In my opinion, we shod just rename the Snapmatic thread to something like "GTA V Photos". Easy enough to post both in one thread, but we aren't getting overly "picky" with whether it's a Snapmatic or Screenshot.

In my opinion, we shod just rename the Snapmatic thread to something like "GTA V Photos". Easy enough to post both in one thread, but we aren't getting overly "picky" with whether it's a Snapmatic or Screenshot.

That is what I was going for... Just a weird way of going about it....

Back