"GTA3 Banned

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 10 comments
... in Australia, that is
Grand Theft Auto 3 has been taken off the shelves in Australia due to its graphic depictions of violence. As Australia does not have a 'mature' videogames classification (equivalent to the UK's '18' certificate), games have to meet strict guidelines on content, which GTA3 fails to do.

The game's publisher, Take 2, appealed against the daft ban but the Australian Office Of Film And Literature Classification unanimously determined the game should be filed under 'refused classification'.

Take 2 now intend to release an edited version of the game with the more extreme content removed. "

http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2698.html

I've put up a couple of threads on this, but that is an interesting development.

Editing will be interesting - there'll be about three missions, most of Portland will be missing, your only weapons will be a rock, spear and a water pistol, and the moment you commit a minor traffic offense the police turn up and belt you with wooden stakes.

Hi,
just letting everyone know that I bought GTA3 as soon as it hit the shelves (didn't even rent it 1st) and was not disappointed!!!
Guess I've got a collectors item
SWEET :P

Originally posted by JonnyBravo
Hi,
just letting everyone know that I bought GTA3 as soon as it hit the shelves (didn't even rent it 1st) and was not disappointed!!!

Yeah - done the same!

I'm flying to Melbourne tonight and I was going to take it down to show a mate of mine - but with my luck they'd decide to search my bag and I'd get the one customs official who knew it was banned.

Oh well, guess WRC, Burnout, Le Mans and Formula One 2001 will probably keep us busy - plus the fact I'm about 94% into GT3 and he's about 1% (MSCE and young bloke) and I've got the memory card...

Hi,
Hey, welcome to GTPlanet, JonnyBravo! :D

Thanks Jordan
So I see u run the place here? U doin a great job. Keep up the great work, this is the fastest responding forum I've ever seen! The members r great also, thanks everyone for making this such a great little community.
Jon ;)

Thanks Jordan
So I see u run the place here? U doin a great job. Keep up the great work, this is the fastest responding forum I've ever seen! The members r great also, thanks everyone for making this such a great little community.
Jon ;)

yeah he does a good job! Thanx Jordan. :D

if they did have it in Australia, you probably wouldn't let the hookers get into your car and give you some of your life back. Come to think of it, the car wouldnt even shake! Thinking of it even more, she wouldn't even GET INTO the car! now THAT would suck!
P.S. They'd take off all the blood, the bat, because you can kill people with that, and they'd probably add in a boomarange(no offence, and yes, I know my spelling DOES suck!)

Back