gta3 on tv

I just saw gta3 was on Nightline. They were talking and discussing weather this game should be sold or not. They had some younger kid around 17, a cpt from the police and a psycologist and the interviewer... they kept ripping on the game and saying how bad it is for the kids... the 17 guy was like i can draw the line between reality and this game and i odnt take it serious. Well to those little kids who shouldnt be playing gta3 maybe if they had some fuking parents who would supervise and actually do somthing called "parenting". Why are they blaming the game then :mad: ? they should be blaming the fuking parents for letting their kid play the game. I mean its a GAME, its not real it doesnt think, it doesnt effect your life, and if it does well youve got problems. And these ba$tards who were ripping on the game, those fukers probably havent ever played a game in thier life and wouldnt even realize gta3 is so awsome cause there is so much to do and so many different ways to beat stuff, and thats part of the reason the game is so dam popular..;. these fukers made it sound like all the 3 million copies that were sold were sold because the buyers wanted to shoot the police :mad: ... are the fuking retards??? hello i dont pay 50 bucks to shoot police officers that look relatively the same.... Ands its also selling good because unlike most games it doesnt make you go to the left to follow the story line, you can do it anyway you want... so maybe they should do some fuking research before they b!tch. So fuk them, im going to be a proud ba$tard when i go buy Vice City :D . So my middle finger on both hands goes up to the people who think this game should'nt be sold.

Long Live the GTA series!!!!

Ok, first of all, settle down. You're getting riled up about a silly little game.

You are correct - parenting is the issue, not the children. I am 100% behind you on that. But what needs to be taken into concideration is that not all parents are good parents, and they have to be accounted for. There are going to be children in the world playing these kinds of games and thinking it's OK to do that in the real world.

If it's not monitored and steered early on it opens the door for bigger more realistic games in the future. The more realistic it is, the more damaging it can be.

Take a step back and look at the whole picture. It's something you should seriously think about.

~LoudMusic

Make more realistic GTA games lol... but actually maybe they should make 2 copies... one that is really really tonened down to make it a Teen rating and another thats all out baddass... taht could work..

Originally posted by Codename 47
Make more realistic GTA games lol... but actually maybe they should make 2 copies... one that is really really tonened down to make it a Teen rating and another thats all out baddass... taht could work..

But it's still being manufactured, which means the wrong people can get their hands on it. You've narrowed down the volume of "wrong people", but they still exist. Certain individuals won't be satisfied until there is a 100% garounteed system - which means you'll always have people complaining.

~LoudMusic

I agree a bit with Brian and a bit with LoudMusic. Man, I love Grand Theft Auto 3 - but do you see me shooting people, running over people, running red lights, or driving the Manana in real life? No!

It's 'cos I've got something that a video game can't teach: Self-control. :D

Originally posted by M5Power
I agree a bit with Brian and a bit with LoudMusic. Man, I love Grand Theft Auto 3 - but do you see me shooting people, running over people, running red lights, or driving the Manana in real life? No!

It's 'cos I've got something that a video game can't teach: Self-control. :D

But not everyone does, and I don't want a game influencing those people and killing my friends and family. I'm willing to sacrifice that bit of entertainment in my life if it makes for a safer society.

~LoudMusic

The game has a rating on it, its an "M"...that stand for mature and gives a fair warning this game has violence, blood and gore. The fact that the game alows you to run over people and shoot them doesn't mean thats the purpose. Also in the game if you do whip out a gun and start spraying bullets at the crowd randomly a cop will come. And another and another until you are arrested or killed. That to me tells the player that its no Ok to kill people, u will either get arrested or killed.
I do understand the game does have missions where you must kill people, but be that as it may children have the responsiblity to understand thats not OK to do in "real life". Ignorance of a crime is not an excuse, killing is killing.

I wasn't gonna post, but i couldn't resist.

There is a lot more going on in "Grand Theft Auto" than killing people. How about ... GRAND THEFT AUTO!?

A rating is a letter on the front of a package. Children don't look at that, and if the parent is uneducated they'll be more than likely to buy it for the child. The cover is cartoony and looks like something from Nickelodeon.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

But not everyone does, and I don't want a game influencing those people and killing my friends and family. I'm willing to sacrifice that bit of entertainment in my life if it makes for a safer society.

~LoudMusic

Well, you can't blame a video game for people not being able to control themselves.

Originally posted by M5Power

Well, you can't blame a video game for people not being able to control themselves.

I'm not blaming the video game, but the video game is the catalist. If the "uncontrollables" were never introduced to violent media (games, television, movies ...) they most likely would not be violent.

They are the gasoline, the game is the match.

~LoudMusic

Well then we would have to get rid of anything remotley violent, for the "uncontrolables", even something such as a toy bow and arrow could be portrayed as a wepean to use against people. Or movies that have maybe a punch in them. People shouldn't single out one video game when its the entire media.

There was a similar show on dutch tv last night about Counter Strike. Early this year a German kid bought himself a gun and went into his school and killed 14 people and then himself. After a couple of days, the German police found out that he was a hardcore Counterstrike player.

Immediately, all German politicians started blaming "those violent computergames". Nobody was asking himself how it was possible that a teenager could walk in a store and bought himself a gun and a lot of bullets. Instead of looking to some firearms laws, they've started to attack the gamingindustry.

The laws in Germany were allready pretty tight. Blood was illegal in games, they had to replace the blood into green gore for the German market. Now it looks like the more violent games, like Counterstrike or GTA, will be totally illegal in Germany.

I think that they're overreacting a little bit. Because 1 idiot person snapped, millions of normal players suffer the consequences. I don't think games make someone so crazy they start killing. Those persons are allready sick and anything can work as a trigger for them. I don't think you can avoid that by banning games. They will always find a trigger. That can be from movies, games, CNN or even books.

So i think they should think of an other solution then banning games, cause that won't solve the problem. And when you ban games, there will be a whole lot of bored teens:D

Originally posted by LoudMusic

I'm not blaming the video game, but the video game is the catalist. If the "uncontrollables" were never introduced to violent media (games, television, movies ...) they most likely would not be violent.

They are the gasoline, the game is the match.

~LoudMusic

'They are the gasoline, the game is the match.' Good analogy, man. :D

Agreed - video game is the catalyst. But in the end, it rests on the player and the player's personality (and self-control) so frankly you can only say the game's the match to a certain degree.

Originally posted by made in holland
There was a similar show on dutch tv last night about Counter Strike. Early this year a German kid bought himself a gun and went into his school and killed 14 people and then himself. After a couple of days, the German police found out that he was a hardcore Counterstrike player.

Immediately, all German politicians started blaming "those violent computergames". Nobody was asking himself how it was possible that a teenager could walk in a store and bought himself a gun and a lot of bullets. Instead of looking to some firearms laws, they've started to attack the gamingindustry.

The laws in Germany were allready pretty tight. Blood was illegal in games, they had to replace the blood into green gore for the German market. Now it looks like the more violent games, like Counterstrike or GTA, will be totally illegal in Germany.

I think that they're overreacting a little bit. Because 1 idiot person snapped, millions of normal players suffer the consequences. I don't think games make someone so crazy they start killing. Those persons are allready sick and anything can work as a trigger for them. I don't think you can avoid that by banning games. They will always find a trigger. That can be from movies, games, CNN or even books.

So i think they should think of an other solution then banning games, cause that won't solve the problem. And when you ban games, there will be a whole lot of bored teens:D

Right you are. And do you know what teens do when they're bored? They rob Circle K's! Same thing they would be doing if they were playing the 'violent video games.'

i hate how people ***** about games and how the "gun" killed the person... wtf about mtv and the movies people make??? i mean teh movies are bad... if your going to make someone shoot someone in your movie dont ever make a ***** ass sploof of blood fly, show it how it would really be, like in black hawk down or saving private ryan... i saw that movie and it hit me how much different killing and war is from the "james bond" movies. and teh columbine (sp?) thing.. the reporters are dumb lol how can these kids "practice" by playing doom??? thats the most unrealistic game (although a great game for its time :P). atleast i thought i heard the people from cnn or something saying the game helped them practice... and teh police should be much more strict, when you get people who run from the cops... its simple you kill them... you think anyone would run if they knew they would die? probably not, some might but the numbers would maybe go down... i mean i can run from teh cops be drunk hit someone and kill them and probably get only 20 yrs in prison WITH BAIL. There was just a drunk driving accident around by me and this drunk guy hit a mother and her 1 year old child and killed the mom and i think the baby isent doing so well but will survive... guess how many years he got??? 1 fuking year, i mean that just hits you and p!sses you off at the same time...

but as much as we all complain about death and killing, its what helps keep the population under control, its not much of a factor but when you add up druknk driving accidents and all that other stuff.. its has a sliver of an effect. but it still pisses me off :mad:

People get riled up about things that they really dont need to. Ive never had anyone killed by a drunk driver or anything like that. But.....all in all....very few people actually do it. It's just that the people that do make everyone's perception of it go insane. Take the terrorist attacks for example. We changed a LOT of how we operate, and yes, we foiled some plans to do stuff, but all in all, there wasnt a WHOLE lot that was going to be done. It's just that it doesnt happen often, and when it does, it shocks everyone. Like the little kid that burned down his house years ago because he saw it on beavis and butthead. That was one of thousands of house fires, but everyone heard about it, bc a cartoon 'caused' it. Because of little things like that, we have the wonderful rating system, which suits it purposes. Its what we need. The government isnt going to start 'cracking down' on video games and movies......because it cannot. I believe they'll all get worse and worse in the form of content (violence and sex specifically). But....whatever the people want, is what they get.

i have a number of shooting games such as max payne GTA3 of course, house of the dead,house of the dead 2,rainbow 6 and rogue spear. but that dosent mean that im gunna take a M-16 and fire out at every1 in front of me.....the media gives ppl the right informaton but tells it 2 them in the wrong way

Codename 47 is right, its just a game. JUST A GAME. The people on night line probaly have never play'd the game there just putting down a good game. damn dweebz just get a life <(-_-)>

Codename 47 is right, its just a game. JUST A GAME. The people on night line probaly have never play'd the game there just putting down a good game. damn dweebz just get a life <(-_-)>

Back