GTAIII Storyline fastest completion times?

• Thread starter asv
  • 7 comments

asv

Hey, looked in the records thread for a fastest completion time on the storyline missions, just played thru and got 1:58. Anyone know if this is a comparable time, and/or what the fastest completion time for the storyline missions is?

Cheers,

asv

Thats pretty good-- there isn't a stat for this in GTA3 is there??

Was this in real time??? If so, Holy Cr@p!!

I've never heard of a fastest time for III but based on the game thats pretty good-- how many missions do you have to complete to finish the storyline (the minimum)-- I was concentrating on getting 100% so I didn't take any shortcuts.

If so could you post your mission sequence-- what ones you HAVE to do-- I know the ones for VC, I only played through III one time so I don't know which ones you can skip.

If you don't want to type everything out, copy the III checklist (pinned above) and delete out what you don't need. Don't put yourself out though, if this is too much to ask, don't worry.....

Thanks

Spuds

That's a very good time. I went through a couple of times completing Storyline Missions before San Andreas came out, and I reckon (not trying hard) I got around 3 hours altogether on the last try. That was a pretty good effort on my part, so 1:58 is quite a good time.

As for the fastest time, we don't have one here. Spuds here would know, as he's been around forever, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I took a look over at GTAForums, and they didn't have anything either. I remember there were races for the fastest time to complete Vice City 100% here last year. Maybe you could start some competition here?

I remember there was an article about 3 months ago about some guy completed the storyline missions in record time, but I think that was on Vice City.

Nice time 👍

Blake

Nope, I remember that article. It was the fastest time to complete GTA 3 100%. Not just the storyline missions. And he did it just around 2 hours, from memory. If I find the article, I'll edit it in.

EDIT: Found it. Here you go.

I think this is for storyline completion, so asv's time is very good. If you look at the bottom of the first post, you'll see the record completion times for Vice City, too.

Jimmy Enslashay
Nope, I remember that article. It was the fastest time to complete GTA 3 100%. Not just the storyline missions. And he did it just around 2 hours, from memory. If I find the article, I'll edit it in.
It's just for storyline completion. 100% in 2 hours? That'd be something.

There's a thread over on GTAForums at the moment about the San Andreas record. Twin Galaxies, who posted those GTAIII and Vice City records are looking for submissions for the fastest storyline completion in San Andreas. For GTAIII and Vice City, the game had to be done in a single session and recorded onto VHS. I doubt if you could fit a San Andreas storyline completion onto a single tape.

Some guy on another thread claimed to have 100% in 12 hours. 2.5 times faster than the best time posted in our recordbook here, I don't think so...

KM.

ive never been one for speed completion, fastest time to complete quarry is the furtherest ive gone to complete missions fast

Jimmy Enslashay
Nope, I remember that article. It was the fastest time to complete GTA 3 100%. Not just the storyline missions. And he did it just around 2 hours, from memory.
Sorry, it's definatly for story missions. 100% can't be done it that time, there's no way you can do every storyline mission, every unique jump, every rampage, every side mission, including taxi, paramedic, vigilante and firetruck and collect 100 packages in 120 minutes.

Blake

Back