GTAIV Better graphics PS3, 360.

United States
Greensboro/NC/U
jarod336/GTP_torque
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
Ever notice how grainy and blurry GTAIV is in gameplay, well i finally discovered why, It all has to do with he default GTAIV flicker filter, When on, The game looks blurry and grainy, When turned off the game looks Crisp, Textures are much sharper, frame rate is quicker, and the overall graphics improve 10 fold, this is most notable in draw distance, every thing is sharp. try it out, game looks WAY better now 👍

Flicker filter is found in, In game pause menu, scroll over to display, flicker filter is right under Language. and above default.

My initial impressions, It looks like my PC modded GTAIV now. very good.

Definitely, I remember spending time switching back and forth with that option for awhile when I first picked the game up trying to decide.
I remember at first I quite liked the gritty look, but then in the end went with the smoother option.

I think it's similar in The Lost and Damned, there's an option like that, one looks really dirty, where as the other is nice and sharp

What I have heard from multiple reviews from gaming sites were, the PS3 gives GTA4 crispier graphics than the Xbox 360 does. Everything else is pretty much the same though. But if you are into having the games with better graphics, I would consider playing GTA4 on the Playstation 3, even if it means to go out and buy one for around $250.

I remember a similar option in GTA: Vice City back on the PS2. It was on by default, but when turned off it'd look way better.

I remember a similar option in GTA: Vice City back on the PS2. It was on by default, but when turned off it'd look way better.

Was it a smoothing feature? If it is, it may slow down the game, but not by much.

Yeah, I recall turning it off when I first played Vice City, it look much clearer when with it off.

Ever notice how grainy and blurry GTAIV is in gameplay, well i finally discovered why, It all has to do with he default GTAIV flicker filter, When on, The game looks blurry and grainy, When turned off the game looks Crisp, Textures are much sharper, frame rate is quicker, and the overall graphics improve 10 fold, this is most notable in draw distance, every thing is sharp. try it out, game looks WAY better now 👍

Flicker filter is found in, In game pause menu, scroll over to display, flicker filter is right under Language. and above default.

My initial impressions, It looks like my PC modded GTAIV now. very good.

Think this has been the norm for GTA since gta3. It's not really news. I liked the way gta3 looked as standard, but had to turn it off for vice city as it was headache inducing.

I see but it really does not seem like its been talked about alot, Even on GTA forums. I also heard that HDTV do not have the option for Flicker filter in the in game pause menu.

I see but it really does not seem like its been talked about alot, Even on GTA forums. I also heard that HDTV do not have the option for Flicker filter in the in game pause menu.

I think it did, but can't guarantee it. My trans-atlantic move has stopped me from playing any video game since january.

Back