GTbyCitroen Concept Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter stadti
  • 16 comments
  • 983 views
Messages
259
Messages
stadti
Yesterday I read here that the Concept Car by Citröen is an electrical car, so I bought it and tried it. I wanted to do the 4h of green hell, however after 2 rounds the batteries ran out of energy and I was banned to kreep the track with 80km/h. When I did a box stop there was no option to recharge the batteries or to change them and afterwards the car was still not going faster than 80km/h.

Now to the question:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU RECHARGE THOSE BATTERIES???
 
I believe the same goes for any other all-electric car in the game (i.e. Tesla Roadster). The "hybrid" cars (i.e. Honda Insight, Honda CR-Z, Toyota Prius) should be able to get fill-ups because they have their gasoline/petrol engines. (Haven't driven one in a full race situation, so I can't confirm.)
Peace...
 
So to sum this up: it is not possible to do enduros with any electrical car because PD didn't bother to make a recharge function into the game???
 
Well if they did it could take up to 4-8 hours to recharge, you'd be faster creeping around the track at 80.
 
grog
Well if they did it could take up to 4-8 hours to recharge, you'd be faster creeping around the track at 80.

Lol
 
grog
Well if they did it could take up to 4-8 hours to recharge, you'd be faster creeping around the track at 80.

They could implement a battery change!
 
^This. A battery change would be extreme since it wouldn't take very long.
 
Last edited:
I actually think that braking actually works to recharge the batteries, the way it does on their real-life counterparts.

The only problem is that if you're driving an electric/hybrid car under race conditions, you're not going to be able to put enough back charge by way of braking for it to be of any worthwhile or significant difference.

As painful as it is, I think it is should be the way PD has it. Like it was mentioned earlier, these cars take upwards of eight hours to fully recharge. You couldn't put back enough charge into the batteries - or replace them - under any sort of feasible pit-stop condition...
 
Why the hell you wanted to race an 8 HOUR ENDURO with a HYBRID CAR?

Oh boy..... the world is really lost.
 
It's kind obvious that the battery would ran out.
 
Why the hell you wanted to race an 8 HOUR ENDURO with a HYBRID CAR?

Oh boy..... the world is really lost.

Well, it would be the "ecologically responsible" and "green" thing to do...
:dopey:

Besides, if you're in a race with comparable cars, that's all that really matters.
A race is a race.
👍
 
Just race with a car fueled by "etanol".

It comes from Brazil. =D
 
Every time you let off of the gas or (electric) pedal it charges a bit, good for nur bad for daytona
 
^This. A battery change would be extreme since it wouldn't take very long.

They require a LOT of batteries. The Tesla has almost 1000 pounds of them. It's not gonna be that quick. 2 laps runs it dry...ya probably get 20 laps or so in 4 hours. That would be 10,000 pounds of batteries for 1 race.
 
Why the hell you wanted to race an 8 HOUR ENDURO with a HYBRID CAR?

Oh boy..... the world is really lost.

I've seen a bunch of folks who have tried similar things, all assuming that they would do amazing.

I Believe its due to people being brainwashing into thinking that these hybrids are getting amazing milage when its not actually the case.

A 89 honda crx HF still gets better milage than these hybrids.
 
They require a LOT of batteries. The Tesla has almost 1000 pounds of them. It's not gonna be that quick. 2 laps runs it dry...ya probably get 20 laps or so in 4 hours. That would be 10,000 pounds of batteries for 1 race.

I stand corrected. With all these batteries, now I think it WOULDN'T be the green thing to do.:ouch:
 
Back