GTC 2002 Tokyo-Seoul :(

• Thread starter cooper
  • 14 comments
Well, I bought this thinking it would be different than Geneva. It was....but not what I hoped for. Seoul doesn't have any European cars in it and probably nothing more than the Tokyo version. The Geneva version has the GT40 in it, and the new Mini :D (woo-hoo!!). I was bummed after finishing Seoul. The only thing different, I think, is the intro. I say, if you don't mind not having the European/American cars, then get GTC 2002 Tokyo-Seoul. Otherwise, hunt down Tokyo-Geneva, and hope that it's in english...like mine is :D

Oh...I just checked. The intro is different. Seoul has a stubby Skyline concept. Geneva has a stubby SL500 and a 747. They're both nice intros.

^^^^

it's just a gif that i found... and i liked i have another one but how the hell can i put an animated gif as my sig...

i bought gtc seoul off a website www.yesasia.com i've been trying to get this game for the past year... and if it's in hangul well screw i'll just deal with it...do you have this game???

i've also got the tokyo-geneva version. the nice thing about the tokyo-geneva (asian version) version is that you have an english option which is not available in the Seoul version. i like the Geneva version better....more cars :D

Originally posted by eCkS
^^^^

it's just a gif that i found... and i liked i have another one but how the hell can i put an animated gif as my sig...

i bought gtc seoul off a website www.yesasia.com i've been trying to get this game for the past year... and if it's in hangul well screw i'll just deal with it...do you have this game???

I do have it, but I haven't played it yet... My PS2 is the US version and I haven't modified it yet... I played the game at a software booth at the Yongsan electronics market in Seoul, it's much like any other GT series game, if you are familiar with GT you will get around easy. I have been learning Korean since I got here one year ago, so I can read hangul now and I have enough dictionaries to understand the stuff in the game, inlcuding manual if I want to. The car scene here in Korea is very small, there are tons of riced out Tuscani (the korean name of the Tiburon), Elantras and Sonatas, plus the Daewoos, Kias, Ssangyongs and Samsungs... There is a race track in Seoul where you can go and bet on who's gonna win, like horse racing :D I made some money on a red Tiburon once. Anyway, I think I will modify my PS2 this month and play the game... How much does it cost in the States to mod the PS2 chip?

busan_tuscani.jpg

cooper; i also have the gtc genva uk version but i wanted both really :)

hyundai racer; very nice cars..... i bought my chip for mu us ps2 from www.modchip.ca it was about 35USD.... i was surprised because it so small just a little bigger than a nickle

Ok, I'm confused. (Not too surprising really)

How many versions of this game are there?
So far I've seen:

2001 Tokyo Collection
2002 Tokyo Geneva
And 2002 Tokyo Seoul which I have on its way to me.

Geneva has the most cars and has an English option but you need a PAL TV? Are the other two the same as each other then?

well i do have a magic 3.6 but tis been in my drawr for liek 4 months cant find anyoen to chip it for me and i donr want to take the rik of doing it myself haha then my ps2 goes bye bye :(

Back