GTG LandCruiser Concept

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
https://gazoo.com/article/column_terada/200225.html
05.jpg
07.jpg

Land Cruiser 70 is sold mainly in the Middle East, Australia and Africa.
The base of this 70 concept seems to be GRJ71L, a middle east specification hard top 3 door. Short body left handle, the engine is the same 4-liter V6 engine as the type that was released in Japan for a limited time. (1GR same as FJ Cruiser).
Rear suspension becomes coil spring
The 70 series rear suspension has been a leaf spring for a long time.
The 70 concept has been changed to a coil spring and a 3-link rigid axle. The same was true for the rear suspension of the 70 series wagon, but because of the emphasis on on-road riding comfort, the expansion and contraction of the suspension on off-road could not be expected so much.

However, looking at the suspension of the 70 concept, the mounting position of the shock absorber is different, so it seems that the rear suspension can be expected to expand and contract. I'm glad that the ride will be much better, at least compared to the current 70 series.

If you are running flat dirt at high speeds, such as in a cross-country rally, independent suspension is more suitable for the body, as it is less likely to collapse.
The three-door hardtop GRJ71L is used in working environments such as harbor relations and leading vehicles for construction and patrols in the countries where it has been introduced. It is a car full of playfulness. Considering the sale, a realistic 5-door may be good, but I think that a styling like this Choro Q will definitely catch the eye even if you do not know about Land Cruiser.

Friends from countries that have introduced the Land Cruiser 70, such as Australia, often say, "Why aren't they selling in the hometown of Japan that produces 70. It's a waste."

Last edited:
I guess there's a reason why those folks from ME love having this rig in their lineup so much. ;)

There's an old SWB LandCruiser down the block from me. A nice lady owns it. Someone recently hit the right-hand rear corner. So, it's parked around the block away from high traffic.

Only new model 70s, I see, are 5-doors, and 4-door utes. I used the bosses for my trips to quarries last year. It got traded for an Amarok. Filling up cost $180. Buuummmp that!

Still, it would be cool seeing some of these being bought and used as I know they will be.

Yeah but for some reason, I like this version.

images
That's a Troop Carrier. My step-daughter's boyfriend has one. He's got a fridge, barbeque setup, bed, solar panels & surfboard racks, dressing table, workbench and tools in the back.

Back