GTHD.Org to a fan, not selling it.

• Thread starter GT_Nut
  • 10 comments
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of giving this domain to a GT fan... anyone want it?

I bought this a year ago with great enthusiastic plans - and that was as far as the plans got, I haven't had time to put plans into action.

The conditions are:

1. Any costs involved, you pay, directly. I will not make any money out of this, you will not give me any money.
2. You have to prove (to my satisfaction) that you are going to use it for the benefit of the people who love GT, and/or GTHD. This domain WILL NOT be Given away just for somebody else to make a profit out of selling it. However, domains do make money out of advertising, this will be acceptable so long as the primary purpose of the gthd.org domain is to provide up to the minute information, and / or a forum, purely for GTHD.

Now, moderators, is this now fitting with the rules? I'm not about to pay GTP anything just to give something away! :ouch: Yes I have changed my tune slightly, but I can't be bothered with trouble, I just want gthd.org to go to the right ... humanistic... person

Email : nick @ gt5.org (remove the (anti-spam) spaces)

Hello GT_Nut,

Advertising is strictly not allowed here at GTPlanet. Take a look at the AUP to find this.

AUP
You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in public areas of the Forums. This includes any solicitations to buy or sell a product or service of any kind outside of any designated areas.

Or, you could become a Premium member and sell it in the Trading Post forum, which could lead to interesting results.

Understood, and I agree, and like this policy, I too can't stand people advertising things. But I'm not trying to use and abuse anything or anyone here, I don't make business out of buying and selling domains. I'm just a GT Nut / freak and thought maybe someone would want this domain name, I can't think of anywhere better offer it, before I just let the domain go. I'm not going to use it... and I'd like someone who really loves GT to get it. I'm not a kid and I respect peoples desires and the rules. If enough noise happens then I'll gladly arrange for this thread to be deleted, not yet sure how to do that but I will take the appropriate action.

Thanks for the heads up.

nick

I'm afraid G.T is right... you can't sell anything here unless you are a Premium Member and use the Trading Post. Feel free to edit your post if you intend to give the domain away to someone here who you think may be able to make some use of it - I'm sure someone here would... but actively seeking to sell it to someone is not allowed, despite your good intentions.

Changed the opening comment on the thread to fit in with the rules, and made a few conditions... Hope this works for everyone now.

PS. Dunno why my profile says "New member"... I've been a member since 2003... :indiff:

Thanks for editting the post - it seems a bit harsh but the rules on selling items on GTP have to be applied evenly, across the board. I'm glad to see that you want someone who has a genuine interest in Gran Turismo to be able to use the domain name. I reckon the right person, with the requisite amount of time and effort, could make something of it.

Thanks for editting the post - it seems a bit harsh but the rules on selling items on GTP have to be applied evenly, across the board. I'm glad to see that you want someone who has a genuine interest in Gran Turismo to be able to use the domain name. I reckon the right person, with the requisite amount of time and effort, could make something of it.

No no no, thank YOU!
oh.. and... My Pleasure :sly:

GTHD is only good for maybe a year or so. At that point GT5.org would be more valuable to someone. I'm just not sure that it’s going to be a lasting venture anyway.

Back