GTHD Six Axis & Wheel - Differences

• Thread starter Red_Line
  • 6 comments
Red_Line-
I noticed when I tried drifting with the controller I tended to use higher compound tires ex. the R32 with racing tires ... I found this set up really nice for drifting with a controller but when it came to using a wheel racing tires just didn't cut it. I had to use sports.

I have also noticed this difference on the ranking boards, from people who use wheels to people that use the controller using different compund tires. The people using the wheel might have used normals to drift, and with the controller they used sprots or racing. Just to add with a controller I found drifting with lower compound tires extremely difficult to drift even drive with.

This shows a change in physics compared to GT4, I remember I could only drift stock cars with comforts with a DS2 but could never get roads to drift in GT4. Although with a wheel I could get roads to drift. This is not a big difference in tire compound but with GTHD there is a big difference.

If people use racing tires to drift with a controller how are they going to grip with a controller???

In my opinion if the physics in GTHD are similar to GT5,people will find a huge difference using the wheel.

don't forget it also has to do with settings to suspension as well. You could take those same tires and drive on the stock cars and get a very good lap time. As where if you use a tuned car they are tuned to drift and to lose grip on the back. Stock cars hold there grip very well since the suspension set ups is designed for grip not drifting.

well both can get high scores just use of diff. tires to ge them....although I did notice it easier to drift low power cars with a wheel like the cappo, and a little harder or just a lot more work to drift the GTR with wheel than Six axis.

I use the E-Brake a lot more with the controller, esp with the AWD cars. With the wheel, using the E-brake is just... out of the question; definitely not the most convenient option, since there's not actual ebrake to pull; you have to hope its the O button you're pushing when you're spinning the wheel around like that.

I use the E-Brake a lot more with the controller, esp with the AWD cars. With the wheel, using the E-brake is just... out of the question; definitely not the most convenient option, since there's not actual ebrake to pull; you have to hope its the O button you're pushing when you're spinning the wheel around like that.

Not entirely out of the question...I have found times where ebrake does help....However, the e-brake does seem more effective then gt4. Maybe I haven't found the ebrake button a problem since i have been drifting on xlink with the circle as e-brake. After a lot of driving...the ebrake button position shouldn't be a problem anymore...

As for which scores more....it really depends on the user. I, however, will always tell people, to enjoy gt in its full glory you should get a logitech wheel. Personally the game's replay value shot through the roof once Gt is paired with a wheel. Can't go wrong...You are guaranteed to like it. wheels are Dking approved 👍

Back