GTHub 525pp 2011 Season 2: Starting soon! Seeking (mature) participants!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CerealKiller
  • 13 comments
  • 1,402 views
Messages
355
Messages
NoStreetCred / GTP_CerealKiller
Deep%20Forest%20Raceway.jpg


Greetings all, we're on the hunt for new members to join in on our 525pp league, new season starting up next week.

The jist:

- 525 performance points.
- Races Tuesday night at 9pm EST and 11pm EST, technically separate series so each is scored separately, and you can partake in both or either.
- 15 minute qualifying session.
- Races approx 100km / 60mi in distance.
- 8 week season, only your best 7 results count.
- Tires unrestricted.
- TCS allowed, all other driving aids disabled.
- Full damage and penalties.
- No race cars.

The league is run at gthub.net, a site I've been working on where anyone can create, manage, and run their own GT5 racing league. This currently offers some nice benefits, with many more planned for the future:

- We can accommodate more than one grid of participants.
- League members are not required or expected to attend every event, you simply opt-in for those you wish to attend.
- We configure our seasons such that only your best X of Y results are counted on the leaderboard for that season. (meaning you can skip / miss an event or two each season without any disadvantage in points)
- We track results, points, and a driver rating.

However to test and continue development of some of these features we could really use more people. The league is currently composed mostly of members of the Married and Always Nagged Clan (MAAN: http://www.maanclan.com) so the field is generally quite mature. We use our mics and the races tend to be quite casual and friendly.

If you're interested in tuning up a car and joining us we'd love to have you. The process would require you to:

- Create an account on gthub.net here: http://gthub.net/users/sign_up
- Join this league: http://gthub.net/leagues/1
- View the upcoming events and register for anything you're interested in: http://gthub.net/leagues/1/events

Season 2 full schedule is posted on the events page above. You'll also see we're running a separate less intense beginner series over the next 8 weeks as well, Sunday nights at 9pm EST.

Hope to see you out there! 👍
 
This sounds interesting. I've signed up.
 
I like the sounds of this. I've registered for the 9 pm series.
Opera 350Z RS.
 
Nice choices. The Evora and M3 CSL have been very popular in the past season as well as the NSX.

I've got two cars tuned so far, PP system is quite cool, virtually identical times in two very different types of car. (light + AWD vs heavy + powerful RWD)
 
Yeah, the PP system was a major improvement. Nothing was more frustrating than getting in a car that qualified for a race with a hp limit, then being DQ after the motor became broken in and gained 1 or 2 too many hp.:ouch:
 
As soon as I get home this evening..I'll sign up. Its strange, I've gone from 425PP to 477PP to 450PP and now up to 525PP series. If I go any higher...I'll have to purchase a new fleet of Double O cars.

Double O -- Online Only

Is the Road going Nismo allowable?

I'll be popping for one of the following:

Nismo Road Going Version
Nismo 270R
Mugen S2000 '00
BMW M3 CSL


Depending on the course, I may pop for something heavy and italian, but only on the wider more tire forgiving circuits.
 
Last edited:
I'd be interested, except for this:

- Tires unrestricted.
- TCS allowed, all other driving aids disabled.

Which won't work for me. Good luck with the series though. 👍
 
It doesn't look like a race car to me, so I'd say yes that is allowed. We may have to occasionally disallow cars if they appear to be too fast and threaten the diversity of the league, but if it appears to stay fair with the PP system it should be fine.
 
I'd be interested, except for this:

Which won't work for me. Good luck with the series though. 👍

We do a more relaxed Sunday night series too with driving aids allowed, using cars from the online recommended list so everyone's in the exact same car, if that sounds more like your cup of tea. :)
 
We do a more relaxed Sunday night series too with driving aids allowed, using cars from the online recommended list so everyone's in the exact same car, if that sounds more like your cup of tea. :)

I'm thinking more along the lines of modified cars, sport tires, no aids except ABS. But my racing series runs pretty much all Sunday night, so that wouldn't work either.
 
Unfortunately, the difference in tread consumption between sport and racing tires is too close to have folks jump for the latter. Also, I'm just guessing, but I think you'd find that 90% of folks on here run w/o aid no matter what. I, personally, find them intrusive, but more than anything annoying. They just bog down cornering, especially exit speed, I cant discern how anyone would choose to engage them.

I've editted my list above
 
So a couple reminders for things not super clear about the site right now, which have confused some newcomers:

Once you've joined a league, you still need to view events you're interested in, and hit the "Register for this timeslot" link if you'd like to attend. Even if you don't you can still show up and we can hack you into the race after registration closes (2 hours before race), *provided* there's still room. Just be sure to very quickly tell the host you're here for the gthub race and forgot to register so you don't get kicked. (we use open lobbies currently, the thought being it doesn't scale well for the host to have to have everyone on their buddy list for each race, and the hosts just boot any stragglers who ignore the lobby comment and join anyhow)

The lobby ID will be posted on the event page on the website by the host as soon as they get the lobby up, usually at least a half hour before the race. If they forget just PSN msg them! Your race host will be shown on this event page, and also show up in email a couple hours before race.

Hope it's not too confusing, working on ways to make it more clear in the future.
 
Back